Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EASY JET PROMOTION: 25% off every seat/every route/every day till end June  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Sheez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
ww.easyjet.com

Includes Easter & 1/2term holidays - ends midnight Tuesday 14 Jan

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2758.0

Offline Adrian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Some of my photos
Thanks for posting this,  almost posted it myself but...

We booked flights for 2 people for 1st week of June when they first came out at £200.  I''''ve been checking occasionally to see how much they are now, checked yesterday and they were £440.  Today, under the 25% off sale,  they are £550  :o    Of course,  that could just be our dates being extra popular  :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
We booked for the start of june ..we paid £130 each return from Gatwick total £260....i looked out of interest yesterday the price quoted was £508 for 2...today with the discount it''''s £560!! how can they justify that or even be allowed to get away with it?...yes i got it cheap ,but it stinks of deceit and money grubbing!! >:(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:20:58 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
So what BL and Adrian seem to be saying is that the prices are MORE than they were yesterday...which implies that EJ have HIKED their fares overnight - and just advertising a headline grabbing 25% off...which - if true - is utterly scandalous and make me feel personally very bad - as I have been trying to persuade a couple of girlfriends to come out with us and texted them first thing saying what a good deal this discount is......looks like I might have to eat my words...  >:D >:D >:D >:( >:(

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
This seems to be what most of them do, by putting out an attention-grabbing headline to drag people in, which they cannot back up.  Has anyone ever tried to go through Tom Cook''s site, following the "Dalaman/Antalya from £19.99" adverts etc, only to find that you only qualify if you travel at some point in a five minute slot, accompanied by a great grandparent or a unicorn?

It''s daylight robbery!  That said, I hope to foil them and reduce costs on my next trip by either driving out or not coming back.  Cunning or what?

Offline Adrian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Some of my photos
Seems to be what''s happened Felicity.  I''m not sure if it is a cock-up or a con!  For a laugh I thought I''d add 25% to the £440 it was the other day and the answer comes to £550 (which is todays "sale" price)- what the???  Seems that they''ve actually added the 25% rather than subtracted!  The same maths doesn''t work for blue lizards figures though so maybe the exact addition is just coincidence...

EDIT:  take a look at http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=143168&in_page_id=34&in_a_source=  - they''ve done it before & been told off by the ASA but the article explains why it could happen.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:41:30 PM by Adrian »

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
I cannot understand how easyjet can possibly call themselves a ''low cost'' airline. We have booked flights for the half term week in May for £180pp with Kibris Airlines, easyjet are quoting £386pp. Who on earth travels with them now? We looked on the website the day the fares were released and the May half termstill costed out at over £300, obviously because it is a school holiday. However many of the other charters were cheaper than easyjet. I don''t think I would ever use them on principle now unless their fares were significantly cheaper. What a rip off!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No

Some of the fares are good value, I have booked a weekend break in Istanbul, from Gatwick for £65. Also some friends have just booked (about 2 minutes ago) to come out to visit us July for £230.

All flights are at good times.

Regards

Alan

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
thanks for your link Adrian..i have just informed the advertising standards agency about Easyjet''s claim....HUH! teach them to mess with me!! >:D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Budget flights change by the second, I''ve gone to get my credit cards come back and they have changed...its how they operate.

When it comes to offers , you will find some where on their web site one flight at that price......I think it may be called the Pendle method of selling.....

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Budget flights change by the second, I''''ve gone to get my credit cards come back and they have changed...its how they operate.

It can be well worth deleting all your cookies before you log in again (and that doesn''t just apply to EJ).

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
just looked on Easyjet again..they are running the 25% off thing again ..2 people in june including bags etc priced at £340..not bad!!(maybe the ASA caught up with them?) ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
YAKAMOZ APARTMENT PROMOTION

Started by yakamoz on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post March 12, 2017, 06:56:16 PM
by yakamoz
xx
Does Kalkan need promotion to other countries?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Politics & Debate

6 Replies
Last post November 21, 2011, 09:18:40 AM
by DRBD
xx
Ottoman seat

Started by annav on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 03:12:15 PM
by annav
xx
Chid Car Seat

Started by Alabalik on Classifieds - Wanted

0 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 09:21:15 AM
by Alabalik

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal