Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: fly globespan  (Read 3970 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
fly globespan
« on: August 18, 2008, 05:18:19 PM »
Just noticed Flyglobespan now flying from Scottish airports to Dalaman next summer. Never used them so can''t comment on the experience. Prices not cheap and they charge extra to check in luggage.
Might be of some interest?
 All flight prices for next summer regardless of airline seem to be far higher than anything I''ve paid before.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2249.0

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: fly globespan
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
They don''t seem much dearer than some of the prices I''ve been quoted from Gatwick and the flight times were better. Also note that they''re doing a winter service to Dalaman as well.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »
Been trawling the internet for months now looking for flights for next year.Cant find anything under £500 for 2 persons.Is it best to book now or is it best to wait for late deals?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »
It''s been widely reported in the press that they have safety issues and have recently been fined by CAA for flying a plane with a serious fault. Also had their safety licence withdrawn for its flights from Liverpool to New York, which have now been abandoned altogether.
Perhaps before you book you should google the company for new reports - it''s only in the last week or so that their fine was detailed in the national press.

I know a lot of people were unhappy about Onur''s safety record on this forum, but we''ve flown with them and they were great. It''s an individual choice at the end of the day. I''m sure many people will sing Flyglobespan''s praises too.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »
it''s a difficult one. Over the years I''ve always booked a year and sometimes more in advance and more often than not got good deals. Although I''ve got October booked, I''ve yet to book for next years peak time. Prices are high and am now thinking I should just accept that the days of cheap flights are gone and book the best I can.
You''re right littlein, the flight times are good so maybe worth considering. Has anyone any experience of Globespan?

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
It seems their service doesn''t start until April 09.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »
Thanks Kalkan4eva. Our posts must have crossed so hadn''t seen yours when I asked the question. I''ll dig a little and see what I can find

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »
we have gone to all our usual sites and flights have got silly compared to last year..friends of ours were considering a week in Kalkan (first timers) but after sourcing flights,transfers,cost of accomodation,restaurant prices (comments on here),they have decided on an all inclusive hol to the carribean..for about £400 quid less!! :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:09:46 AM »
I agree with your friends BL
I added up all that I spent on our Kalkan Holiday this year and we can get  5 Star All Inclusive in Egypt  Red Sea and still have enough change to buy a camel. (soon to be booked when Mrs BF has finished haggling with the tour operators)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 09:54:13 AM »
You will love the Red Sea, Bluefudge, especially if you like diving or snorkelling. The visit to Mount Sinai - St Catherine''s Monastry - just as the sun is rising is a must....but the camels are scary!

On the flight front - we booked our flights for June/July 09 before we left for this year''s June trip to Kalkan and they were £150 each for 18 nights with Onur. I tried to book October flights for this year when we got back (and possibly for Oct 09) but they seem to be going up every day. My BH wants to spend the money going to NYC instead and AI in Cuba next October  :( - amazingly there''s not a huge difference when you calculate our spends/flights/transfers/accomodation in Kalkan. The hesitation in booking flights has definitely cost us as all the best deals appear to be with the no-frills airlines who work on selling the cheapest flights first, then load cost onto the remaining seats. The only late deals to be had are probably a seat on a charter, and probably at really awful times.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 10:03:16 AM »
we will be going to Kalkan next year regardless....we might just be more careful with the readies,eating in more often , beer and wine from the shop and go out later... ;)

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 11:05:25 AM »
I too am finding that the flights for October are rising steadily.The answer ,of course, would be to buy now,but still not absolutely sure that we will be able to go.The only answer is to take a chance that they will be affordable midway September. :-[ :-X

Offline yarmites

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
We''ve used Flyglobespan to fly to Tenerife and Malaga from Teesside.  They don''t seem to start the season off with low prices so there doesn''t seem much advantage in waiting to book, although they do occasionally have a sale (not sure whether this is much cheaper though).  They''ve just started to charge for hold luggage.   They seem to compare OK with other companies and if they flew to Dalaman from Teesside we would probaby use them.  We''ve read about the safety record and just hope they improve it!
They always seem to run out of sandwiches on the way back by the time they reach row 3

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
....better to run out of sandwiches than fuel, Yarmites :o :o

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
We are flying easyJet in Sept  not bad price. Thomas Cook for Christmas and Monarch next June all for under £350 per couple. Not as cheap as Onur but I would say book as far in advance as poss.  :) :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »
we flew this year with Easyjet(due to BA buy out)...never again,being a ticketless airline it was a massive scrum when boarding started..they call out in sections A,B etc,but people crowd round the boarding gate and don''t budge so they just let them have a free for all! the only decent thing was the bacon baggeutes(sp)£3.50 huge and tasty but run out of them after first few rows! the staff were surly and spent the flight playing around and chatting each other up!!check in was snail paced,flight was late (no reason given)flight took 4hrs 30 mins plus another 40 mins circling gatwick!NEVER again!! >:(

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »
Our flights with easyJet cost £57 each in June and £67 each next Wednesday. At those prices I can put up with the scrum!

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:58 PM »
Hi all

For anyone who''s booked flights with flyglobespan from Edinburgh - they''ve just released the seat plan so you can book your seats.  Having flown Easyjet to paradise last year, I''m sooo looking forward to not having to battle the scrum and rush for seats - horrendous  :P   We''ve booked extra legroom seats for £12.50 each - a snip compared to Thomas Cook who we flew with on our first visit.  Regular seats are £5.00.  Of course you can take your luck and just pitch up at check in, but knowing we''ll be sitting in relative comfort is worth every penny  :)

Only bad news is it''s 8 months until we go...

Rachey

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal