Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EK Forum quieter than Kalkan itself!  (Read 9940 times)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: EK Forum quieter than Kalkan itself!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 09:10:10 AM »
Hear hear - BL - I''m with you - you have expressed my sentiments completely - and we''ll be the stalwarts through the dim dark long winter this year as last...  ;) ;) :D

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »
Me too!

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
I don''t post too often, but I do like to read the light hearted banter on here.  I''ve been off work since last week on "risk of redundancy" leave and am about to get ready to go in for a meeting to see whether I''ve got the "suitable alternative" or not.   Reading the posts on here have kept my mind off it (a bit).

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
Good luck to you ....chin up what ever happens , :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »
i have been called bananas...on more than one occasion and worse on lots of occasions...but i''m a happy chappie!!   i also have a turkish buddy called musa.....he''s bananas as well...several of my chums in kalkan are bananas and when we are out we are a bunch of bananas :angel: ;)

Offline Marni

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 01:13:13 PM »
Hello

I will still be reading throughout the winter and trying to chip in when I can.  I see this forum as my daily Kalkan fix and it helps me to count down until we can go to our other ''home'' again.

M

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »
For any Bury black pudding fans,you can order them on line from www.Bury black pudding company.co.uk
Did you know bury has a world pudding throwing competition,entrants come from all over the world to take
part its a great day out and is held in Ramsbottom (calm down mr lizard) the street is blocked off and food sold,rock bands play all day,pudding and a pint, you cant beat it ! ;D

Neil. >:D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Vieux con

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 03:54:44 PM »
May I suggest a new parent board for those who don`t like the Desert Island Disc / x-factor type threads?

Strictly Enjoy Kalkan

:laugh:

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
Sainsbury''s sells Bury Black Pudding Company pudding!!!!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 04:17:36 PM »
Hi RosiB,yes they supply a lot of the major chains,but you cant beat buying one on the market and eating
it out of the paper with English mustard .  :P >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
The beauty of this forum is you can pick and choose what you want to look at - if x-factor, strictly, the apprentice, black pudding etc are not your bag stay away from the "Everything Else" as it does what is says on the tin  :o

Like others, this is my Kalkan fix - cheaper than The Priory ;D I continued to log on and post through the winter last year, and will do so this year because it''s my therapy..thank you all for being there. I love the light-hearted posts, bit of humour and leg pulling but I do understand how posts can be misinterpreted and what was actually meant as funny, wry comments can be seen as offensive.

Yoyo, I''m so sorry to hear about your situation - that puts things into perspective for all of us. These are worrying times for everyone. My BH works for General Motors Europe, so unless the US government bails out the car industry we will be cancelling Christmas...and may even be offering 4 flights on here for next June/July. My heart goes out to you and anyone else in your predicament.

Ps On a lighter note...how do bananas make you fat??? I''ve never seen an obese monkey :laugh: :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Pete

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »
We''ve got one running the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »
Bananas make you fat if you don''t peel them before you eat them!! :angel:

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »
Fidi,  yes Rosib does a beautiful fry-up on a Saturday morning with the Bury black pudding. We have ours delivered.  Could never get involved in the Colemans though, I''m just a wuss;  now French''s mustard.... now you''re talking.  I''ll try it with it this Saturday.  Please dont call me a phillistine though!  lol 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Pete, you made me larf out loud...and I like Gordon!

NB apologies if any obese monkeys are reading this thread, I didn''t mean to offend  :angel:

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 06:23:56 PM »
As we all know, you cannot please everyone all the time but we can at least try to please most of the people most of the time.
The Forum is quiet at this time of the year as Kalkan is, in the main, a summer holiday resort. That was one of the reasons why the "Everything Else Section" was started, so EK members could still chat and discuss" topics and other things that are not directly related to Kalkan and keep in touch with friends made on the site. You only have to look at the "hits" some of the threads in this section have had, to see that it contains some of our most popular topics.

I find it heartening to read that more places are staying open over the Autumn/Winter/Spring months and if this is an indication of more people staying in Kalkan during this period, then hopefully the "Kalkan" Threads will start to receive more posts.

I know I spent a lot of cold wintery nights last year having a giggle at the "Hall''o''ween, Victor Meldrew and some of the other threads and they really helped to keep me going until my Kalkan holiday.

If the current threads are not to your taste, please feel free to start one. We have a large membership now and I am sure there will be others who would appreciate different subjects and topics.

I, personally, enjoy the fun and perhaps trivial topics, I enjoy reading the Desert Island Thread but I also want to know more about how the residents spend their time in Winter and what activities/events are going on.

What I am trying to say is this forum is what the members make it and so please continue to log on, join in and help to improve it
Cheers
Joan     

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
I havent left EK either I read it at least once a day, but at present have nothing to add, and like Jon I am planning a wedding. My daughter gets married at Christmas and the Hen Weekend this weekend wish it was in Kalkan but never mind. I am going to be a mother in law yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
I''m sure there are many of still out here taking a keen interest but I take the same view as Kalkanfan - am happy to post and continue discussion on Kalkan-related matters but am not inclined to join in the other less relevant stuff.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is Kalkan Quieter Than Last Year ?

Started by Denners on General Discussion

48 Replies
Last post July 21, 2011, 10:31:01 PM
by kalkanbelle
xx
New to Kalkan Forum

Started by Max333 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post September 10, 2010, 07:12:52 PM
by Rockykalamar
xx
Forum member meet at Parc Kalkan

Started by Bob & Jayne on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

22 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 01:44:43 AM
by Skunk
question
New forum look

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 16, 2019, 07:20:59 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal