Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Canyoning next week?  (Read 2319 times)

Offline GLK

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Canyoning next week?
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »
Hello!

Posted a query as to whether it was possible to do Canyoning at Saklikent, have since found a company that runs Cayoning excursions to a variety of places the most popular is Kibris (http://www.bougainville-turkey.com/ana/hom.asp?p_act_id=hom&p_color=FEEAC6)

Was wondering if anyone else fancied doing this next week????? They''ll only take groups out with a minimum of four people and there are only two of us.

Cost is 50 Euros and includes guidance, transfer, all canyoning equipment, lunch. They''ll do a pickup from Kalkan included in the price.

If anyone is interested there are more details below about what the excursion entails, emailed to me by the tour company:

"Canyoning is an ultimate adventure of adrenalin that is now of the worlds fastest growing adventure sports.
We should be aware that this is an extreme sport. Whilst no experience is required, the right attitude is important. The day is long, about six hours, so a good level of fitness is required. Our guides are very experienced and professional and all equipment is provided.
The Canyoning tour starts from the BT office in Kaş with a transfer to the canyon. Before starting our trained guides give a full briefing about the equipment we use and safety. Our most popular canyon is Kibris, about 10 km from Sütleğen.

Usually we start early so have breakfast before setting off! Upon arrival we get the equipment ready and then we’re off! According to the size and ability of the group it can take anything from 5 to 7 hours to finish and then we return.

Utilising a mixture of climbing and caving techniques, we follow the watercourse of the canyon, until it becomes a river. An adrenalin pumping experience.

Some descents require the use of ropes and harnesses. Dry or wet, they are sometimes challenging but always spectacular. Our agency conforms to international standards of safety and uses only the best materials.
Canyoning is a new and exiting outdoor activity. Jumping into clear cool pools of water, abseiling down waterfalls. Sometimes swimming through narrow passages, sometimes climbing boulders, sometimes walking. The descents are made wearing wet suits and carrying waterproof packs and containers.

All you need is a head for heights, the ability to swim and a taste for adventure. You should bring lightweight boots or walking shoes."

Anyone interesed?  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2487.0

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Canyoning next week?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 06:30:35 AM »
i did this a few weeks ago and it was one of the best days out ever. not for the faint hearted or those scared of heights. plus at the end there is a stiff 40 min walk up the track that leads you back to the bus. it took us 5 hours but should be less with a smaller group. the last line in the description sums it up - All you need is a head for heights, the ability to swim and a taste for adventure.  and yes, good shoes, trainers or walking boots.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »
I would advise anybody thinking of doing this to check their insurance.Chances are you will not be covered

Offline GLK

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »
I would advise anybody thinking of doing this to check their insurance.Chances are you will not be covered

Thanks for the heads up Johnjen! I just checked my policy and you''re right, I had already bought extra sports cover for scuba diving but we''ll need a higher level of cover for canyoning. I''ll be able to upgrade my cover before I travel if need be though which is good news.  Also in the process of finding out if the company can provide this separately...don''t suppose you know about that kalkankiki?

Great to hear from someone who has done this and enjoyed it!! Did you use bougainville travel?

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »
yes, i went with bouganville and we did the kibris canyon up nr sutleÄŸen. i would e mail them to ask about insurance, i just did it!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Canyoning at Saklikent

Started by GLK on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 03:02:52 PM
by GLK
xx
One week to go!

Started by khancock on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

9 Replies
Last post September 26, 2012, 09:55:33 PM
by Firecat
xx
End of the 1st week and it is so hot......

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post August 18, 2010, 07:59:59 PM
by felicity
xx
SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK

Started by Enişte on Living In Kalkan

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2009, 08:25:20 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Jane and Pete

Views: 888
By: janeywhit
Glacier Glazing