Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: End of the 1st week and it is so hot......  (Read 2202 times)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
End of the 1st week and it is so hot......
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »
At the end of our first week we got up and taxied up the hill to Mediteran where Mehmet gave us coffee, we ordered breakfast and we sat reading books in the sun until 11.00am as Ailsa played and made friends in the pool, we then grabbed some sunbeds and basically chilled for the rest of the day. In and out of the pool and hanging on the edge of the infinity pool looking out across town and the bay as the boats come and go and sun moves across the sky. Lunch came and went at 6pm we went back to the apartment to sit in front of the AC unit for 30 minutes to cool down, sipping a Bombay and Tonic to aid the cooling process. Then suitably refreshed and smartened up it was off to The Olive Garden for out best meal yet, great food, great service and good value. We sat too aware that 1 week was already gone.

Monday was about viewing some apartments to buy in the morning and then pool by our apartments in the afternoon and a farewell diner with our friends who were going back early Tuesday morning, we went back to Korsan Kebap and then onto Fener café for a last bottle of Lal and to look al the amazing Yacht that had anchored just outside the harbour that evening. It’s been hot and we are told that there is an official “heat wave warning” until 25th August as temperatures will be 5/6 degrees above the seasonal norm.

Tuesday is where we start repeating our days and therefore where I will probably sign off on reports, another day on Yildiz 2 with Osman, back at work and taking it easy as the doctor ordered!  Turtle spotting and lots of swimming, snorkelling and eating the great lunch provided.  After Café Del Mar stop to take on water and juice, back to the hotel and late out to Oz Adana where we filled in the last days. One more boat trip on Anil on Friday (we have a boat addiction!) Market Thursday, dinner at Olive garden booked for Wednesday night booked so only Thursday, Friday and Saturday to make choices for and so many to choose from! Belgins Kitchen a must from my daughter, so then only 2 others this time around, but which ones, repeat or try something different? A look at a few more apartments arranged and then there is only the shopping for more jewellery I think.

Our friends over dinner on Monday were already discussing about next year as if there was no option about it, you kind of get sucked in, returning to Kalkan is so easy and you learn a little more each year that keeps bringing you back. For us October this year is Egypt or Kalkan, Egypt won last year, this year I am no so sure!!

PS Felicity if you are still here, I promise I will say hi if I see you around!

Scott

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6178.0

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
Re: End of the 1st week and it is so hot......
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »
Hi Scotsin Kalkan
Lovely report, as always. Thanks for taking the time out to share and keep Kalkan fresh for us all. We found the Olive Garden on our last evening - we'd planned to return too our then favorite, Doy Doy, but we tried them for breakfast that morning and were so dissapointed with everything that it kind of spoiled it for the evening. But there was a silver lining in finding the Olive Garden. I would have been happy with their bread alone! I knew when I smelled, saw and tasted it that we were in for a treat. And as we sat there in the light beeze, pretty view, great serivice, scoffing fab home made bread, smashing olives and good wine... chatting aout our stay, it was then that we realised that we would come back to Kalkan. The rest of our meal was absolutely top rate and we thought the prices were very fair.
It sounds like you have everything pretty much organised for the rest of your stay - and it's always nice to leave some openings and see what comes up!
Do let us know how the rest of your days went when you return home. I for one would also be interested to hear how you got on with your property search if you feel it's ok to share some of your experiences.
Thanks once again for it all so far. Enjoy the rest of your time and safe journey home... eventually ...
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »
Thanks for the lovely update, ScotsinKalkan. Do I make that 3 or 4 boat trips you will have done?!  I guess you will be heading for the coldest water, tomorrow, on Anil?! It's the best thing to do, I would say, in that heat.  Looking forward to hearing how the second half of your holiday pans out and especially to hear what you think of the apartments you view. How is the Baileys lasting, by the way?!

cheers

Antler

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
the boats are brilliantly cool in the heat of August...no wonder you've spent a good part of your hols on them ;D ;D
Great reports Scots, enjoy the rest of your holiday...I know you will.
BTW, the Olive Garden is Kalkan's best kept secret....you have to look past the plastic chairs, the food and service are fantastic.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »
Hey Scott - yep I'm still here so do tug me on the arm if you see me - would be great to put face to name...im easy to spot - not many of us short white haired ladies around

You picked a great couple of boats - Anil and Yildiz 2 - enjoy the rest of your stay - lovin' yours and Antlers reports!!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First week over, one more to go.

Started by Kefgirl on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post October 02, 2010, 04:44:25 PM
by Firecat
xx
Week One Over

Started by misty on The Everything Else Area!

8 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 03:25:32 PM
by clara 50
xx
next week

Started by candygold1 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 30, 2012, 08:27:31 PM
by LozJay
xx
First week over!

Started by anne41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 05:54:19 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Warrier in Patara

Views: 4036
By: Rosire
Omars 20/9/07