Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Fake Jewellers  (Read 19522 times)

Offline lindyloubluecat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Best Fake Jewellers
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a good copy of a Rolex (Not the Market) A friend of mine found a good jewellers last year but she can not remember the name.

ENJOYKALKAN SAFETY
Important Notice

Please be aware that the importation of counterfeit and pirated goods, goods that infringe patents when brought into the UK from outside the UK (such as watches, clocks, CDs and any goods with false marks of their origin) are strictly prohibited items.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2188.0
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:02:02 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Best Fake Jewellers
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »
I can''t remember the name (useless creature that I am ) but we got a very good copy of Tag.Heur for our Son from a small shop on the harbour along from the Hotel Pirat,just before Ilyada restaurant.
The chap was very helpful.I also bought a lovely Phillipe Patouk,but somebody pinched it here in England .Just anther reason to return before Winter. ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »
I think its called "genuine fakes " Has anyone any idea what the prices are for a good fake watch ?

Neil.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:51:46 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline CATSOO58

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
Try Oscars along the harbour near to Aubergine,they look very good quality. If you can''t find what you are loking for my husband bought a Rolex from the first stall as you go into the Thursday market 4 years ago and it is still going strong. People here in the UK comment on it, even Rolex owners can''t tell the difference.Happy hunting.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »
Whatever they think you are prepared to pay. Ask the price of another one first and tell them what a good copy that is but too expensive for you. Then ask the price of the one you really want and I guarantee it will be cheaper, just don''t show too much enthusiasm for it or flash your money before you have it. When he gives you the price, offer lower. And be prepared to walk away, you can always go back another day and get it for his "best" price.
Remember body language can give you away as well as looking at something for too long. Oh! and smile at his jokes. Many years ago I bought a fake which started out at £20 for £1.50, just because I played the game with the vendor.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »
 ;)I think you are right Neil.
I paid I think nearly fifty£''s for my Phillipe Patouke.It kept excellent time and looked good.I loved it.I tried to get a replacement in June but he had none.
Kierans Tag. was about sixty£''s if I remember correctly..also looks great,and keeps excellent time.(It managed a six month posting to Iraq with no difficulty.)
I found him to be very helpful,and certainly knows his Watches.I know he had fake Rolex,but I have no idea of the price.
Give him a try Lindyloubluecat.
(I have a British Blue short hair ,have you,or is your name for another reason.). :-*
Chris.

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »
Bought a fake Longines from him too a couple of years ago.Brilliant. :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
Thanks all,I will have a look in sept.

Neil. ;D

Offline lindyloubluecat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
Thanks you everyone that is helpfull. I will make my way to the harbour.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
there is another watch shop down past gironda on left hand side. When I was in last month there was a Dutch couple asking for a replacement for the one they bought 2 years ago and had suddenly stopped working  ??? The owner asked them to leave it with him to see if it could be repaired.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
There is a stall in Fethiye market - one of the larger watch stalls -  we bought Patek Phillipe and Franck Muller watches for our (grown up) offspring last year, which were very good copies (£35) and all going strong. Whilst we were buying them he asked if I would be interested in a watch for me and he brought out the most amazing Franck Muller copy from his bag - which my BH got him down to £50 for. It is so good, even one of my business associates who owns a top class jewellers (no names) said it was virtually impossible to see the difference.
He virtually every make of watch from Rolex to more obscure and expensive makes like Audermars...download a picture of the watch you like from watch websites and take to with you - I do the same with handbags and Fethiye has the best bag shop too!

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »
There''s only one place in Kalkan and that''s Oscar''s in the harbour!!!  Cem the owner is an absolute Jem (excuse the pun).  My daughter wanted a particular watch when we were there at the beginning of May and when I returned at the end of May he had it for her.  Both my husband and I are watch lovers and have ''originals'' but always visit ''Oscars'' to get an extra special one.  Tell him Dawn sent you!!

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »
Hi Kalkan4Eva - where is the bag shop in Fetyia.   pauline

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
Oh no, I can see a new thread developing!!! ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
Pauline, it''s in the bazzar area - sorry don''t know it''s name - something like Maya or Kaya. It has an entrance at the front and rear of the shop and the bags are pretty amazing...but not as cheap as they used to be, I used to buy a couple, now I just get one. Their quality and accuracy are what you pay for and there''s a fantastic range to choose from. Go on net-a-porter.com and download some bag pictures and take them with you - but be prepared to spend if you go in there.

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
Thanks Kalkan4eva.  And sorry eksafety - but you know what women are like when handbags are mentioned.    Now back to the topic - fake watches!  Pauline

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 01:20:21 PM »
I know this is a bit off topic but years ago when staying in The Marti Hotel in Icmeler I bought a "Rolex" watch for £10, the battery lasted for 3 years and I said I would get a new one when we returned to Turkey as I was scared to take it into a shop in the UK. .

Well I kept forgetting until yesterday when we found a small shop near us who sold watch batteries. My husband took it thre and had one fitted for £5. The man said when looking at the movement, it was a good one and worth about £35. So not a bad buy.

BarbH

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »
I bought a genuine fake gold Rolex watch some years ago when staying in Icmeler. It cost £10 and looked really good. The battery lasted for 3 years before stopping. Each year I forgot to take it with me to get a new battery out in Turkey (too scared to get it fixed here, just in case!)

Well, yesterday we found a little shop near where we live and took it round. The man opened it up and put a new batter in for £5, he said it had a good movement which would cost around £35...so inall I got a good bargain!

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »
Sorry about the double post but could not see the first post, so re-wrote it....getting stupid in my old age!

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
ENJOYKALKAN SAFETY
Important Notice

Please be aware that the importation of counterfeit and pirated goods, goods that infringe patents when brought into the UK from outside the UK (such as watches, clocks, CDs and any goods with false marks of their origin) are strictly prohibited items.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Jewellers in Kalkan

Started by BarbH on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post March 09, 2011, 11:06:09 PM
by BarbH
xx
Infinity Jewellers

Started by Paul Gee on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post August 07, 2016, 12:34:55 PM
by Chris_S
xx
Jewellers - Kalkan

Started by Bob & Jayne on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post July 11, 2012, 07:49:39 PM
by Bob & Jayne
recycled
La Maison Gold - new jewellers

Started by felicity on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2008, 07:57:33 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4002
By: Enjoy Kalkan
In the Med