Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How much can we expect to pay in restaurants  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Reidy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
How much can we expect to pay in restaurants
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »
Hi

We are coming to Kalkan for the first time next week and want to make sure we leave enough dosh in our Flexaccount to cover it.

What are restaurant prices like as we intend to eat out every night.  We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers.  What might we pay for 2 / 3 courses with wine?

Also, what about bar prices.  I understand our hotel (Club Xanthos) is a bit pricey but what about the bars in the town?

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2120.0

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: How much can we expect to pay in restaurants
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:39:07 AM »
Hi Reidy. You will love Kalkan!

Restaurant price are roughly 2/3rds of what you would expect to pay for the equivalent meal in the UK. Not that you would ever get an equivalent meal in the UK, of course, the food in Kalkan is incomparable.... anyway, there is a wide variety from very cheap and cheerful to quite expensive. You could spend £50 a head if you wanted to (although you wouldn''t be able to get up afterwards) or the whole family could eat for £10 - £15 if you pick the right place and aren''t too fussy!

As for drinks, well because here is a hefty tax on alcohol, it''s not fantastically cheap - good-ish wine is about the same as UK, but other drinks are a bit cheaper - it depends where you get them. Some of the hotel bars ramp the prices up a bit but if you look for the bars where the other Brits are drinking... eg the Moonlight Bar is good value and there are always plenty of Brits there!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:12 AM »
Having recently got back from 2 weeks of over indulgance (2/3 courses with wine most nights) in Kalkan, a quick tally up of our spending gave an average figure of about £25 per head.

This was mainly for a mixture of mid range to good restaurants (inc Rendevous, Kaya, Olive Garden, IBO) averaging about £30 per head with a few visits to cheaper places away from the harbor or out side Kalkan that served equally good food for £15 or less (inc Extinct, a couple of Trout farm restaurants and of course Ali Babas at about £6per head).     

Another item you will have to factor in is taxi fares, daytime trips from your hotel will cost about £7-8 each way after midnight this goes up to about £12-13. 

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
We generally manage two courses with a bottle of wine and water, and by the second week I am down to a main course only.....just too much fabulous food!! Also if you don''t order starters, most of the restaurants, not all, tend to bring complementary appetisers to the table such as olives, garlic bread etc. On this basis, in medium range restaurants bills can be about 100YTL [under £45 for two] In more upmarket harbourside restaurants, about 120YTL plus [£50] and in cheaper, but no less quality, restaurants/ cafes we have eaten for as little as £30 for two of us. These are based on prices paid in June this year.

We always have pre and post dinner drinks at various bars in the town. Merkez charge 3.5YTL for a large Efes, Moonlight Bar 4YTL. We also eat out for breakfast or, if not, have lunch at a beach club as we self cater. We don''t skrimp particularly, yet are not overly extravagant, and usually spend about £1100 for a two week stay.

As has previously been said however, you will have to budget for taxi fares from Club Xanthos.  

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »
you can do it as cheap or expensive as you want, we also start the first week eating everything until we''ve had our fix of all the different tastes then we tend to slow down the 2nd week and then find it hard to get through 3 courses even though you want to because its so delicious, I have to have 2 sets of clothes...one for the 1st week and a bigger set for the 2nd  :D

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »
Of course if you get into the habit of walking in and out of Kalkan you will be able to eat what you want and not worry about having to bring out the "big" clothes.

We stayed in the Club Xanthos a few years ago and got into the habit of walking to and from Kalkan at least once a day. It is quite a stiff walk the first couple of times but gets easier. After two weeks we both got home about the same weight and much fitter than when we left. Compared with the usual effect of going on holiday for two weeks this was a near miracle.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Best restaurants

Started by Vally on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post June 14, 2011, 06:31:20 PM
by Vally
xx
Top 10 restaurants please!

Started by Lizilu20 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post August 16, 2011, 05:39:09 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
new restaurants

Started by Bdancer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post December 04, 2012, 03:04:30 PM
by onelove
xx
Restaurants to eat at?

Started by phamer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post August 31, 2011, 04:25:54 PM
by msr

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Delikkemer bay

Views: 3713
By: Babadag
"Bottoms Up" at Adams!