Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: luggage restrictions  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: luggage restrictions
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »
I''ve just been reading through this thread about the excess baggage and solutions for it.
Don''t try putting more into your hand luggage.  All the above happened to me in May, went out heavier than going back and argued my case. The supervisor then insisted on putting my hand luggage on the scales to put the total together and tell me this was why I was overweight!
I managed to get her down to 30L from £90 - but it was difficult.
It seems to be a problem mostly with Thomas Cook flights. They are over zealous.
The point about the scales being wrong is a good one. Gatwick recently got fined for being the wrong callibration. So perhaps anyone getting charged for being overweight when they definitely know they''re not should demand to have their luggage weighed on another machine. It might be a solution, unless like the fairground stalls, they''re all working off the same percentage difference!
Rosie

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
We flew with Onur air in June with two suitcases each weighing 21kg, 2kg over the limit in total and no charges made at East Midlands check-in.

On the way home, we were close to the end of a very long queue at check-in and I watched as bags were being weighed. Some much heavier than ours were checked in with no charge.  Our cases, when we put them on the scales, weighed 22kg each!! We had nothing additional in the cases and had left all heavy items in Kalkan, toiletries, books, magazines, food items etc, so we anticipated that the cases would weigh significantly less.

Oh no! same old story.....we had to pay 10YTL per kilo excess baggage a total of 40YTL. When I challenged this I was greeted with a smirk, which I would have dearly liked to wipe off the lady in questions face, and told to pay up. At 03:00hrs this wears a little thin and especially as it seems to happen year on year. It all leaves a bad taste at the end of a wonderful holiday.  :-X

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »
does anyone know if Onur have a max suitcase weight (two people one case - 40Kg allowance but max weight per single item is less ) ?

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:20 PM »
I may be wrong, but I don''t think that baggage handlers are allowed to lift one item weighing more than 30kg

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 03:27:08 PM »
When we were leaving the UK last week to come back home to Kalkan, there were signs at all the check- in counters saying that any bag weighing over 30 kg would be refused.

Lantana

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »
Thanks ! - The kitchen sink will have to stay at home  8)
BF

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »
we were clobbered by Monarch a few years back..the scales were actually moving up and down with nothing on them!! (the desk was controlled by ace handling)we pointed this out to them but got the same smirk and attitude..people in the line next to us were checking in with no charges,friends we met checked in with more luggage than us and a rug and not charged....now i rent property with a washing machine and travel so light my bag feels nigh on empty ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hand luggage restrictions.

Started by clara48 on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post January 27, 2010, 10:35:31 PM
by Kefgirl
xx
Restrictions on liquids in hand luggage

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post February 21, 2009, 08:57:31 PM
by Cuddles
xx
liquid restrictions

Started by lisjj on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 08:18:14 PM
by lisjj
thumbdown
Building Restrictions

Started by Pauline on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post June 22, 2008, 01:16:26 PM
by Pauline

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

On the Med

Views: 4533
By: misty
Kalkan street