Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dancing  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Weheartkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Dancing
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
Hi everyone, we visited Kalkan last year and had a wonderful time. The family are visiting again in July (ages 46, 45, 21 and 17). Are there any venues that will offer later music/dancing? Somewhere for the oldies and perhaps somewhere a little trendier for the youngsters?

Would love to see some traditional Turkish dancing too?  :D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1859.0

Offline SarahS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Take pictures and make memories!
    • Share Post
Re: Dancing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:36:14 PM »
Moonlight''s always a good choice. :)
I''m 15 and i was dancing in there with my friend and my mum and godmother  :D

Samira hotel have a turkish night every saturday i think and there''s some Turkish dancing there.
Always a good laugh.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »
Moonlight for the oldies followed by Kleo bar - they suit me!!

for my 17 year old - last year it was Yacht Point Bar - this year - more Pasha Bar..!!

Still more to choose from - just our favs!!  :D

enjoy!!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline boboy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »
Where is Pasha bar is it new? can you tell me a bit more about what sort of crowd it might suit?

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »
Pasha bar is what used to be the Sultan Ice Bar...I think it was called..!!  if you head past Moonlight....past Merkez taking the last but one street on your right sort of opposite Gironde and Likya - you can see it just down there on the right hand side.  My daughter loves it there....but so do people on this forum such as Fidimax....so I guess it caters for a wide range of ages..I think.....haha Fidimax - just guessing that you are older than 17..!!   :o :o

I haven''t yet given it a go..been too busy in the other haunts..!!  But I will do so this summer!

Cheers!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 03:44:23 PM »
Hi felicity,good directions to pasha bar,I was there in may and the bar does seem to attract every age(It helps being a good place to stop on the steep part)I love it there,but I know Yusuf and his brother Emre they are really nice and funny people,the bar staff also really good lads also,later on at night when they have to keep the music down and shut the doors a lot of the locals are there and the turkish dancing kicks in,its a really good,friendly bar in its first season and seems to be doing well. Neil  8)      PS I am 49 on sunday !!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
Hey - happy birthday for Sunday Neil..!!   ;D ;D I hope you have a fabbo day..!!  You would have been a good candidate for the 70''s night..!!  O0

my daughter knows Yusuf and Musty and Huseyn/Sid - well - so we''ll both be there in the Summer..!!!  Maybe see you there one day!  :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 06:24:54 PM »
Thanks felicity,I think I might have shocked a few locals If I turned up in my seventies gear,that would have been my bowie/punk period !!!!!!!!! :o :o :o. I will be in kalkan on the 17 july with the missus and my 17 year old nephew,so if you are about Im sure we will bump into each other,just look for the 49 year old with the green mohican !  Neil  >:D

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »
Hi Neil - we get back on 21st July - my daughter will be sure to be down at the Pasha bar - so maybe we''ll bump into you there..I hope so - would be good to meet you!!

Cheers!  :)

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 06:32:22 PM »
We spent quite a few nights in the Pasha bar when we went in the first two weeks of June.

It''s a good bar with good music, caters for all ages, comfy seats, dancing if you want and good measures of spirits and as someone else wrote it''s good when they put the Turkish music on & all the locals teach you how to belly dance!!!

We have been friends with Husyen and Ozzy, who work there, for a few years and they have worked at most bars in Kalkan over the years and whichever one they are at they always make good.

Offline Weheartkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »
Thanks everyone for the tips. I''ll give Pasha and Moonlight a bash. We obviously totally missed out on all the action when we had our first visit to Kalkan last year.  :angel:

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »
Can''t agree more about Pasha we watched the football there and there was a great atmosphere with fireworks going off everytime Turkey scored !! Good cocktail list too, try the turkish delight one mmmmm.

Offline xJessx

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »
My favourite bar with a dance floor would have to be No-Name-definately the best music when the night gets started. I also thought Pasha was a good place to visit for a drink or two most nights.

Offline boboy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »
 I didn''t get to Pasha Bar when I was there in June but I will give it a try when I''m back early Sept it sounds great, is it still being run by the same guys who had the ice bar?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
Hiya BoBoy,pasha bar is now run by Yusuf and his brother Emre works with him this season,they are great,all the staff are really good,and it seems to be working in their first season.
Oz who ran ice bar last year has gone to sweden to be with his family,give pasha a try next time you are in kalkan,Im sure you will like it.
                                      Neil. >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 07:21:24 PM »
i was in pasha a few times.( i watched some of the euro footy in there)  seem like a nice bunch and decent mix of people and good music.....perhaps i''ll see you in there sometime fidimax? :D  (back a week and already missingKalkan!!)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
Hiya Mr Lizard,hope you had a good time and saved me some Efes,I am back on thursday so I will be trying a few in pasha bar,and yes,we will bump into each other some time,Ive already booked for next may,with my brother and two friends,I bet your blue skin has a bit of a bronze tint to it now with all the hot weather.
                                    Neil  >:D

Offline boboy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »
 Thanks Fidimax
 I thought with the new name that Yufuf may have gone I had heard that Pasha (ex of  the oldHavana) was opening a bar so thought it might be his.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
my skin has gone leathery...i keep being chased by ladies shouting "handbag"...i also have to report that my lime tree is now a double garage!!i shall be searching the kalamar area for your supplies >:D
                                   ta ta for now

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dancing on Ice

Started by kalkan4eva on The Everything Else Area!

8 Replies
Last post March 06, 2009, 04:13:29 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Belly dancing

Started by Bapple on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post March 28, 2014, 09:05:37 PM
by Bapple
xx
Pole dancing

Started by tog miester on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 06:56:12 PM
by tog miester
xx
Dancing in the street

Started by Christina on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 10:14:46 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kas Harbour

Views: 3862
By: cer
London skyline