Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Building Restrictions  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Building Restrictions
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:38:05 AM »
Can anyone tell me when builders should finish building in Kalkan.   I thought it was mid-May but they are still with their wheelbarrows and cement working on the villa in front of me.  Would appreciate some guidance on this. Many thanks   On another issue - what is the law re four storey buildings the villa in front has a bodrum plus three other floors.  And after discussions with the builder have been badly treated and threatened by him regarding this.   Any advice?   Pauline

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1667.0

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Building Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
Have just picked up the thread in another topic but the comments all finished middle of may.   I still have it going on end of may - anyone else in the same position? Pauline

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
As long as no heavy machinery is being used, except on public projects like roads, sewers, water or electricity, only internal works or maintenance on private projects is allowed. So just drills, electric power tools and jack hammers can be used, we made friends with the guys building  in front of our villa, they particularly liked using our water and sloshing paint about in that carefree way they have with paint and they loved a swim in our pool, they swam in it every day because they said it was the best one in Kalkan. A couple of the lads even joined us for a swim on their day off they liked it so much. A few of the guys couldn''t swim and they enjoyed sitting on piles of building debris and staring at my wife and kids while they sunbathed, they were great fun we had such a laugh those three summers.
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
Hel66 They must have transferred to the building in front of us when they finished with you. They certainly get around.  Pauline

Offline Mctee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 04:38:53 AM »
I wonder why there is no ''building season'' like other tourist areas of Turkey, which is between November and May.
Is Kalkan not classed as a tourist area?

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
Officially there is a building season...which has normally been well adhered too....but I guess it has been a bit stretched this year...but having just returned last week - it was considerably quieter than it was in April - so I think the problems are isolated and not general.
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »
"...So just drills, electric power tools and jack hammers can be used,..."

These and any other equipment that makes noise are NOT supposed to be used during tourist season.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »
Felicity
I would hope that it was quieter here last week as the building season must end on the 15th May - no laters
However builder still continue to try to complete buildings in order to finish them and hopefully then to sell them in the summer season - but this is really annoying if you actually live here all the time unlike people some who only visit - as you end up having perpetual noise - whether it is isolated or not - if it''s near you it is unacceptable.
However it is up to people to complain to the workers and not just leave it to others to do so - even if you have no Turkish - they will understand your intent
But the problem is getting these regulations enforced as the constructors seem to hold more sway here - and its also election year which will make a difference

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
Hi Kevincat99
Well I tried 1.  hosing them down when they were sanding the floor - I did make sure I did not electrocute anyone 2. taking away their tools (I took the hammer that was making little holes all over the wall  - all morning) and taking it to my villa - I did give it back after some time and the hammering started again! 3. I took the plug out of the electric socket when they were again sanding the floor.   Called the jandarme numerous occasions - they gave a little warning to the builders the first time and then after that they did not even turn up.   Unfortunately our builder seems to be a friend of theirs!!!!!!  Have just heard that the building work will be continuing until well into July.    I am coming back again on Monday as I have a flight booked but have booked a flight back the following week to the UK for ten days as I have really have had enough. It is now becoming too much for me.  And the villa is now on the market for sale.  How sad it all is. I want to get as far away from this builder as possible.  Pauline

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:22:49 PM »
Hi Pauline
I am sorry to hear that - it really is not fair to spoil people''s visits and imagine what it would be like if people let their villas only for guests to find a noisy building site next door in the middle of June.
It is difficult to understand why a local economy that primarily depends on tourism allows this type of situation, as it will drive tourists away rather than attract them.
I know that this will be contentious and very unwise but maybe it is time to name names !!
Lantana gave the example very recently of a "reputable local builder" apparently taking money and using it for things it was never intended and people may lose out or have considerable worry until they recover it.
You do hear horror some stories - but as you say it seems difficult to address them
Does anyone have any views as to how these type of situations could be dealt with in the future -as in the present climate of no sales = no income = builders in problems with cash - matters may only become worse.

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 07:25:41 PM »
Thanks Kevincat99.   I would like to name names but feel it would not be proper.   If anyone has any advice it would be greatly received.   Pauline

Offline Mustafa Raki

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 08:43:35 PM »
We had some builders building in front of us during early June. They are supposed to stop all outside work after May 15th I believe,   A quick call to the Belediye and within 5 minutes a van came down and they were told to stop work.  We had tried asking them nicely but got nowhere!  Hope this helps.  ps, they tried to come back but when we said Belediye to them they went away.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »
Pauline, the Kas Baskan has told me to call the national Jandarm number, 156 and to ask for someone who speaks English.  This is the only way that your complaint will be registered and supposedly addressed.  Did you try this?

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
Thank you all for your advice - we did call jandarme - but did not know about asking for someone speaking english.   Will try this if I have to call when I return.   Have not tried the Belediye ''threat'' so will certainly see if that works.   I''m hoping that they will have vanished when I arrive tomorrow.   And pigs can fly!!!!   Pauline

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
luggage restrictions

Started by Kalkankiwi on Flights and Travel

26 Replies
Last post July 22, 2008, 08:11:11 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
liquid restrictions

Started by lisjj on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 08:18:14 PM
by lisjj
xx
Re: Weight Restrictions at Dalaman

Started by molly on General Discussion

19 Replies
Last post October 10, 2009, 04:05:05 PM
by HoneyBunny
xx
Hand luggage restrictions.

Started by clara48 on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post January 27, 2010, 10:35:31 PM
by Kefgirl

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal