Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: KaÅŸ or Kalkan - that is the question  (Read 3018 times)

Offline kasska

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
I have just returned from a trip to the Kalkan/KaÅŸ area and I am undecided on where to base my next stay, having seen KaÅŸ for the first time at night. Should I stay in Kalkan or KaÅŸ and why ?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1685.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: KaÅŸ or Kalkan - that is the question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
i have stayed in both..Kalkan has more to offer..the only thing Kas has is flat roads..don''t forget if you choose either you can still go to the one you didn''t decide to  stay in ..kalkan everytime!! ..but thats only my opinion  ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:01:12 PM »
IMHO - and of course you are asking this on a Kalkan forum - so you are bound to get 99% replies - stay in kalkan..!!  ;)  Ask the same question on a Kas forum and chances are you will get the exact opposite..!!   ;D ;D

I like Kas but I prefer Kalkan as a base - I love the drive to Kas and I love to visit it each time I go - just for a change of scenery and one of these days - I will get myself across to Meis.  It is more of a traditional turkish town than Kalkan which is predominantly a tourist resort and it is more ''alive'' in winter.  BUT - I prefer the fact that Kalkan is smaller, prettier, more intimate, more good restaurants (although I understand that Kas has lots of good ones too) and more picturesque!  Kas has Migros and cheaper prices for some things. 

Kalkan also has a much nicer public beach and beach clubs and of course Patara one side and Kaputas the other..!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kasska

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »
I really felt that the new "Salt and Pepper" Brasserie on the front at Kalkan was out of character. This really detracted from the pleasure of walking along the front at Kalkan by night. Also, there seemed to be a lot of loud European music playing, which, although present, was not as noticeable in KaÅŸ.

I have to admit, I have always sided with Kalkan in the past but I am finding that I am now wavering ...

Regarding beaches, I was not that impressed with KaputaÅŸ.

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 06:42:27 PM »
Kalkan gets my vote over Kas but then as Felicity says that should come as no surprise on this forum.

I have to disagree with you about Salt n Pepper though as it''''s very similar to a fair number of restaurants in the harbour that have nice new smart bar areas.  I think having smartened up, the area is much nicer now and struggle to see how this one area detracts from the pleasure of walking along the front (unless it was this bar playing very loud music?).  Whenever I''''ve been down that way the music (and lighting) has always been relaxed and subdued - the food''''s very good too!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:47:21 PM by kalkanfan »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 02:31:20 PM »
I have to agree with Kalkan Fan, Salt and Pepper is a lovely place. It''s not traditional Turkey, but not many places are down on the front - the harbour establishments on the whole are very cosmopolitan and I, for one, like that. The beauty of Kalkan is the choice - authentic Turkish food is also available, in authentic Turkish restaurants
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline rhythm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »
Definetely kalkan on most of the aspects.. that is why you pay more here  ;D

Offline Rosire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
One and a half year ago we were for the first time in the region. We came in the town Kas. My wife said: "This is a place I can live".
That''s why we went looking for a house (home) in Kas. At the end we bought our house in Kalkan. We are very happy with Kalkan, but are also very happy with Kas because there was the start of our love for the region and our love now for Kalkan. What is better for Kalkan then a neighbour as Kas.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »
quite right..you have the best of both worlds,although we prefer to stay in Kalkan it''s nice to have a day in Kas looking up old friends ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Foreigners to meet with police in KaÅŸ

Started by tiamaria on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post June 28, 2010, 06:29:59 PM
by tiamaria
xx
Quick Question about Kalkan

Started by Ralph on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post March 02, 2015, 01:48:31 PM
by Mayday1
smiley
Hello & a question !

Started by loobs40 on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post April 12, 2011, 06:42:08 PM
by amber
recycled
Another question....!!!

Started by Aislinn on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 07, 2008, 08:50:33 PM
by Aislinn

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal