Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Toni

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Vaccinations
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »
Hi, my wife and 2 kids aged 15 and 12 are going to Kalkan in July. Do we need any vacs? Some people say yes and some say No. We are staying in a villa "villa white cloud", and I was wondering would my kids have trouble mixing with other kids or will they feel excluded because they are out of the way. Anyway, Everything I`ve read about this place is good. i`ve never been to Turkey before so I`m really looking forward to it. I am also a celiac. Would the caterers in Turkey know of this condition. If not, not to worry, If the foods good, I`ll eat it anyway and suffer later. Hope my Doc does`nt read this. Any Info would be appreciated.

Kindly,

Toni......

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1669.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
Hi Toni - welcome to the forum!  Rest assured that you do NOT need ANY special vaccinations to go to this part of turkey - this is after all a meditteranean holiday area same as any other mediterannean area in Greece, Italy etc etc.  That said - if you travel to the far east of turkey where it meets Syria and Iraq then I would look into malaria and other vaccinations - but as that is many many hundreds of miles away - you neednt bother!!

This debate comes up quite frequently because sometimes official advice for some strange reason does post this type of information - basically to cover themselves I think and also - GP''s make money out of selling very expensive (and unnecessary) vaccinations - just as long as all your usual UK vaccinations are up-to-date then no worries.

Kalkan is the MOST friendly place I have EVER been to in the world and that goes for the people both turkish and UK and all ages seem to mix together fantastically.  My kids now 17 and 14 have made terrific friends over the years and if you allow them a little bit of freedom to go to places like the Yacht point bar where the kids tend to hang out of an evening - then they will meet loads of english kids of the same age and, despite staying in a villa, will end up meeting them during the day and going between villas and then meeting up again in the evening.  Kalkan is also a VERY safe place and I let my kids do things that I would NEVER let them do in the UK and we live in a supposedly ''nice'' area...so what does that tell you..!!   :o :o

Sorry - I can''t answer your coeliac query - but do enjoy your stay in Kalkan!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline flower

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:48 PM »
Hi Toni

I am coeliac and I find it easy to eat in Kalkan without getting belly ache : ) The only issue I have is not being able to eat any of the nice bread you are given in all the restaurants. If I want anything off the menu and I am not sure about how it is prepared I ask and they will prepare it to my needs. Our turkish friends could not understand how I survive without eating their bread. I do tend to take some of my coeliac supplies with me just in case.
Hope this helps.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
The following information is available online at

http://www.mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/europe/turkey.php
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Vaccinations

Started by EricAlexander on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 26, 2010, 09:17:41 AM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sassopiato

Views: 3285
By: blondie
harbour3