Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Meldi Hotel 23rd July !! / Medical Center Question  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Buntie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Meldi Hotel 23rd July !! / Medical Center Question
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »
 O0  Hi six of us are visiting the Meldi hotel, for the first time in July.   After looking at maps could anyone tell me if its located near the Medical Centre?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1552.0
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:01:41 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Meldi Hotel 23rd July !!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »
Hi Buntie - yes - the Meldi is situated right behind the medical centre on the Kalamar road - it is very centrally located for town and I said same to you on the other TA forum  ;D ;D - welcome to this one..far more friendly and personal - and you will have a MEGA time at the Meldi!!   ;D ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »
Buntie
The medical centre that Felicity mentions is the Turkish State one and not usually used by foreigners unless you need some basic / emergency treatment - but it is cheap
The other centre is about a 15 minute walk away up near the bus station - it has only recently opened but seems to offer a more comprehensive option but at a much greater cost.
For more comprehensive treatment still you will need to go to Fethiye some one hour away by car as they have several excellent hospitals / clinics which cater for foreigners
If a medical centre is a fundamental for your holiday suggest that you have treatment in the UK before you arrive

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »
Having now used the new medical centre several times I can accurately state that the costs there are very reasonable. For example, yesterday we witnessed a traffic accident when some tourists on a hired motor bike came off the road and the female pillion passenger was quite badly hurt.

We took her to the new medical centre. She had an x-ray, stitches, had several injuries attended to and dressed, had a pain killing injection  and very competent and caring attention from the doctor and two nurses. The cost was 50 lira, currently just under £20.00.

Last week, my husband had a ''well man'' check up. This involved 21 different tests, angiogram, two x rays and extensive consultation with the doctor. All test results were given the next day and a full medical report was prepared. Total cost £60.00

The new medical centre has a full range of diagnostic equipment and is able to treat all conditions unless surgery is required. They can and do carry out minor surgery. You therefore do not need to go to Fethiye unless you have a very serious medical problem.
Lantana

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Looking for a 2 bed apartment 23rd-29th July

Started by alantj on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 21, 2014, 08:34:57 AM
by alantj
xx
meldi hotel - sunbeds?

Started by loveredwine on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 11:27:21 PM
by BarbH
xx
URGENT: BABY FRIENDLY HOTEL/VILLA NEEDED FROM 23RD TO 26TH JUNE

Started by Browncoffee on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 07:08:59 PM
by Browncoffee
xx
Searching for hotel accommodation in Kalkan , one week from 29th July.

Started by linfrank on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 09:19:18 AM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal