Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: meldi hotel - sunbeds?  (Read 4467 times)

Offline loveredwine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
meldi hotel - sunbeds?
« on: September 28, 2011, 06:12:57 AM »
We are booked to stay at the meldi next month, this will be our first visit.  All the reviews are excellent which is why we booked it, but one comment recently said that getting a sunbed in a morning can be a bit difficult?
We like to have a lie in and the thought of jumping up to get our towel on the sunbed does not appeal (after all we are on holiday) !!
I wondered if anyone had stayed at this hotel recently and if this was a problem.  ?
I also wondered if we could use other hotel pools as long as we are prepared to buy lunch, drinks, etc.

Thanks in advance

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8614.0

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
Re: meldi hotel - sunbeds?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
it shouldn't be a problem - yes, there can be some Germanic taking of sunbeds first thing in the morning, and some residents can take the sunbed and disappear until after lunch (the market or shopping proving to be a greater distraction); but there are enough sunbeds to go round for the number of hotel beds, and, if there are some visitors (which can happen), you just need to speak to one of the lads at the bar, and they will 'find' some more!
Incidentally, I don't know what you term a 'lie-in', but most people seem to have breakfast between 9 and 10!
Can't speak about using other hotels pools, but if you want a change, the Beach Clubs offer a good diversion....
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline loveredwine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »
Thanks for your quick response Chris, I am greatly reassured by your comment.  A lie in for us is usually 9.00-9.30 so we should be ok.  I have been looking at the beach clubs and we will probaby visit a couple, but in those first few days of arrival we will just want to chill by the pool.

Thanks again Lynn   

Offline ShazzaA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
Hi

We've previously stayed at the Asfiya and I know people used to visit for the day from other hotels or apartments, have a few drinks or lunch and use the pool.  The staff, and other guests, seemed more than OK with the arrangement.

Enjoy your holiday and your well deserved lie-ins  ;D

Offline loveredwine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »
Thanks for this Shazza.  It is good to know we can do this, if needs must.  Can't wait to go now.  :)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »
Every time that I have been to the Meldi - there are plenty of sunbeds - and I think that when you are going (ie: off season) you will have absolutely no problem.  I think that possibly if everybody from the hotel (when they are full - say in August) stays round the pool during the day - then perhaps that is when there could be a problem - but IMHO - that rarely happens and you would be VERY unlucky to experience that!

Enjoy your holiday at the Meldi - it really a very special place!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline loveredwine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »
Thanks Felicity for your comments.  Perhaps the person who said that getting a sunbed was getting more difficult stayed in peak season, as you have said.  I just couldn't stand the thought of having to get up early to grab a sunbed!!
I am happier now that I have your views and those of other people. This time next week we will be getting ready to go.   :)

thanks again. 

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
We normally go there June/July and never had any problems with sunbeds, you do get a few that put towels out early but there is usually plenty to go around.

We did go twice  late September/first couple of days into October and that was very busy but evn then we still had a bed, the staff just got a few more from the reserve shed!!!

Just booked today to go next wek so got lots to do, just keping fingers crossed the weather holds out for us, never been this late before.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Meldi Hotel 23rd July !! / Medical Center Question

Started by Buntie on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post May 15, 2008, 07:50:09 PM
by Lantana
xx
Back to the Meldi!

Started by Janey28 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 04:27:35 PM
by Janey28
xx
x2 sunbeds c/w mattresses

Started by whiteonyx on Classifieds - Available

3 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 03:50:11 PM
by whiteonyx
xx
PLASTIC WEAVE SUNBEDS

Started by sue1945 on Classifieds - Available

4 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 03:00:13 PM
by Denners

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal