Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Car hire and Addas  (Read 3519 times)

Offline manichoccieater

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Car hire and Addas
« on: May 06, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »
Hello all
As many others I am a newbe to your site, Must say that I have learnt some interseting bits about Kalkan.  Me and my family are visiting for the first time mid August for 2 weeks and are staying at The Kelebek Apartments.  We usually do the Greek islands, and fancied a change.  We are looking to hire a car for our duration, which is how I came across this site.  I know that car hire via Addas is often mentioned with a discount, however, I have also been looking at sites such as Holidays uncovered, etc in order to check out the goodies and the baddies.  It has been noted quite a few times on those said sites that Addas is unrelaible etc etc.   Does anyone know different?   We also would like the car deliverd to the apartments ( we have transfers included in our flight), does anyone know if this is possible?  I would be most grateful for any advice, I am very excited about visiting Kalkan as it looks just what we love, quiet, friendly and beautiful, Thanks very much!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1509.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Car hire and Addas
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »
I''ve never used Adda, but a lot of forum members do and you can get discount with EK. We''ve used Abi - they were great and deliver to your accomodation and collect. This year we''ve been recommended Enes, although as we didn''t have a problem with Abi we''re unlikely to change. I think they are all pretty much offer the same at a very similar cost. Can''t honestly say I''ve heard anything bad about Adda and I''m sure other forum members will let you know.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Hi mancchoceater (great name by the way!)

We''ve used Adda twice for car hire and once for transfers and would have no hesitation in recommending them, although as kalkan4eva says there are other companies too and they are all probably much the same for cost and reliability.

If you like the Greek islands then you will just lurrrve Kalkan.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
Absolutely no hesitation in recommending Adda Tours.  We have been using them personally for the past 8/9 years and for the past 3 year have used them for all our guests (both transfers and car hire).  We have never once been let down.  When our friends hired a car from them and got a flat tyre they phoned Adda who sent someone out to change the wheel, I don''t think you''ll get a better service than that!  Honestly couldn''t recommend them highly enough.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:16:19 AM »
We use Adda for all our car hire and transfers and have done for over 2 years on many trips. I have not found them to be unreliable, quite the opposite. They will deliver the car to your apartment, pick you up and take you to the office, whatever suits you. I''d give them a try. I''m sure you won''t be disappointed.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
If you book your car rental through EnjoyKalkan delivery of the vehicle to your Turkish address, or the airport, is available free  :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:26:59 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline manichoccieater

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
Hello again

Can I say thanks so much for all your responses, It''s really great to hear from people who have used car hire and in particular ones that I have read negative things about.  We only have one family holiday a year and so I suppose I do get a little twitchy in the hope that nothing will go wrong.  I will now go and look at all your suggestions and go from there!   Glad you like my name, bit of a chocoholic as you have probably guessed!!!!  :P

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 09:10:08 AM »
Over the past 5 years of using Adda, it has happened to us twice to get a sleepy driver in early morning drives.  On one occasion we had to ask him to pull over at a roadside coffee shop and have a coffee.  This is, however, I''''m sure not unique to Adda, the drivers hired by all the companies are from the same general pool of drivers available.  We have not experienced any missed appointments or unreliability, they also came at the appointed time.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »
I''m sure Adda are just fine, I use Abi and have never had any problems with them, 1st class service :)  ; :)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Car hire

Started by Mmm on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post November 05, 2014, 11:33:00 PM
by Mmm
xx
car hire

Started by debby on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post January 24, 2008, 07:52:57 PM
by turkeyfan
smiley
car hire

Started by philpot on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post February 17, 2008, 08:30:53 PM
by Chucky
xx
Hire Car

Started by toffeelad on Flights and Travel

18 Replies
Last post July 09, 2009, 10:17:42 AM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal