Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hire Car  (Read 6406 times)

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
Hire Car
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »
Does anybody know weather we can hire a car from Hisaronu/Olu Deniz and then drop it off in Kalkan.
Maybe sister companies operating out of various resorts. Thanks

Toffeelad

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3691.0
Its nice to be important,
but its more important to be nice.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Hire Car
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »
If you contact Adda tours, they''ll bring one to you and then you can leave it in Kalkan.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »
Nice 1 Brooksie. I`ll give them a ring when we are over there. Any idea how much they will charge for a family sized car with enough room for 4 or 5 suitcases. It just seems logical to hire a car rather than drag the cases all over the place from pillar to post.

Toffeelad

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
Hi Toffeelad,

Have a look here http://enjoykalkan.com/v2/car-rental/ for the AddaTours / EnjoyKalkan prices

Hope that helps
 :)

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »
Cheers Jon will have a look mate thanks
Toffeelad

Offline Speed Freak!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The Need For Speed!!!
    • Share Post
Re: Hire Car charges
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:22:43 AM »
Hi guy''s I am a little confused over the car rental charges on the Enjoy Kalkan site ?
I am looking to hire a 7 seater Fiat for one of our guests and thought I would check out the prices on this site, it appears that the cars are more expensive on here than direct with Adda tours! and there is 20% discount, if I am misreading this I would appreciate some one could put me right!
Having been a follower of this site for a fair while I know this could be about to happen, keep up the good work it''s a valued site by all!
Bardebdog

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 06:14:44 PM »
Hi,

EnjoyKalkan prices are specially discounted AddaTours prices, perhaps you could let me know which vehicles seem incorrect? I have listed below the prices for a 7 Seater Fiat

Current Season Prices for EnjoyKalkan

1-3 Days - 50
4-6 Days - 45
7 + Days - 40

Current Season Prices for AddaTours

1-3 Days - 52
4-6 Days - 47
7 + Days - 42

Hope that helps

Jon

Offline Speed Freak!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The Need For Speed!!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 06:40:03 AM »
Hi Jon, thank''s for the reply, I contacted Adda yesterday afternoon by phone as things were a little confusing and Ozgur informed me that their prices are the same as the Enjoy site, this is a 7 seat-er in peak season for 7+ day''s £35, as you can see this is less than Enjoys price list so some where along the line there has been a mix up, anyway my guests are happy with this price and have gone ahead and booked it :).
Keep up the good work ;)
Bardebdog

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »
Jon, you really do need to nail down the prices been quoted as " special discount " for EK members when hiring from Adda Tours............I have checked with the firm I use  - ******* - and they are cheaper on all cars and mini buses than been quoted by Adda on EK ! ! ! ( This was the same last year as well ! )    Never a dull moment...keep up the good work
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »
Hi

Bardebog, you got a great deal there, I spoke with Ozgur and he did you a very special EnjoyKalkan price based upon the vehicle you requested  :) If you compare the Adda website with the EK Website you will see just how well you did  ;)

Kalamar Dream - As EK prices are fixed throughout the year and drawn up before the year starts our prices are consistent in season and out of season. As with anywhere you will always get companies willing to offer special prices, Im glad you have found a company that suits your needs  :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 09:23:49 AM »
EnjoyKalkan Safety

Post Removed, PM Sent to author
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:45:48 AM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:22 AM »
Hi Jon,

I am also a little bit confused regarding the Adda car hire prices quoted on their advert on EK  ???

Are the prices quoted before or after the EK members 20% discount ? ? ? , as it does not say on the advert  ???

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »
Hi KD,

To clarify the prices on EnjoyKalkan for car rental

EnjoyKalkan price = standard AddaTours price less 20%.

The EnjoyKalkan price is fixed for the year and as detailed on the main website "EnjoyKalkan car rental is provided by AddaTours but with an exclusive 20% discount." For the main forum banner you will also see the quote "20% less than our competitors - based on a like for like product correct as of 2nd Jan 2009" EnjoyKalkan also includes extras such as free delivery and collection to Dalaman, free child seats and inclusive insurance.

Obviously as with anything EnjoyKalkan may be beaten on price by other companies in Kalkan if you shop around whilst on holiday as they may do special deals etc, however with EK you know the price you pay in advance with no hidden charges or surprises.

Does that help?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:49:16 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me Jon,      All I want to know is......is the 20% already taken off, ie: the price quoted is with or without the the members discount ?

Say the quoted price is £200 ( not a real figure ) for 7 days hire.....do I then deduct 20% or has it already been done  ???

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »
Its already done, price you see is the price you pay  :)

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 06:54:45 AM »
An interesting thread, and like KD, it caused me to review and compare the car hire rates of a number of companies in Kalkan that we have used and that are quoted on their websites.

The cost of airport transfer/car hire is a significant cost to a visitor to Kalkan in addition to accommodation rental, and for a week, could represent around a third of the cost of the villa/apartment rental. New for 2009, Central Rent A Car are combining the two i.e. their hire car driver drives you back to Kalkan from the airport, leaves the car with you and then drives you back to the airport at the end of your stay. The rates look very attractive when compared to the high cost of transfer only plus you get the benefit of getting a hire car for your stay. (Don''t tell too many people as they may run out of available cars !!!!)

Like KD I was confused...as the rates for car hire quoted by EK (see Jon''s posting above) do not appear to represent a discount of 20% off Adda rates. In addition EK car hire rates are not 20% less than competitors as they quote in their banner. I''ve found car hire rates cheaper than EK. Is EK not in danger of misleading visitors to the site ?

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
EK also offers a "combined" car rental and transfer package - when you book your hire car you can also book a driver for an additional 20 GBP.

As for misleading, no, EK is far from misleading as the fixed prices are very clear of what they include.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
Jon, there is no reference to the ''combined car hire + driver'' deal for an extra £20 in either the Transfer or Car Hire pages on EK...or have I missed it ? I think it would appeal to visitors if they knew it was available given the cost of transfers only (especially for 1-2 persons).

Also I was referring to the "20% discount to Adda rates" and "20% cheaper than competitors" statements which do appear to be misleading as they are not bourne out by the figures. I think there just needs to be clarity or am I missing something here ?   

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 10:17:42 AM »
Hi Jon,

As I thought, the prices quoted by Adda ( after the supposed 20% discount ) on EK are no way near 20% cheaper than any other car hire firm in Kalkan ( that is what people think when they read the advert ? ), in fact there are a number of car hire firms that are cheaper than Adda even after the supposed 20% EK members discount, Jon, this cant be right, can it ? ? ?  also some car hire firms do the " Combined car hire + driver for NO extra charge ( you say Adda will do this for an EXTRA £20, just gets more confusing ??? ??? ??? ).......Jon you must now realise that the Adda advert about the 20% discount and EK promoting it as a great deal is just not so, its all very misleading for people trusting this site to give them the best deals on car hire, to say the least.   Keep up the good work....its tough at the top mate  ;) >:D ;) >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Car hire

Started by Mmm on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post November 05, 2014, 11:33:00 PM
by Mmm
xx
Car hire.

Started by clara48 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 07:14:16 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
car hire

Started by debby on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post January 24, 2008, 07:52:57 PM
by turkeyfan
smiley
car hire

Started by philpot on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post February 17, 2008, 08:30:53 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Choppy!

Views: 3996
By: goonernumber1
Kalkan shopping.JPG