Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: More Newbies  (Read 2769 times)

Offline jane on hols

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
More Newbies
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:25:48 PM »
Hello everyone, and so far thanks for all your advice and reviews - they have been really helpful in choosing where and when to visit Turkey.

We are going to kalkan on 6th june just for a week. Any further tips,or advice would be really appreciated.

One thing i  would like some help on is a contact for pre booking a turkish bath for our 1st day (Saturday 7th June) I''ve read everywhere that it''s better to pre book, and also to have one at the beginning of the holiday - anyone know where to go and how to pre book?

We are staying at the Lizo Pension, so anyone else going to be there or near there let me know and we can meet up.

Thanks

Jane

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1426.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: More Newbies
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
Hi Jane - welcome to the forum..yes - best to get turkish bath done at beginning of hols - don''t want to scrub off that well earned sun tan - nor have your sunburn exfoliated..ouch!!   ;D   Nearest place to you is the Asfiya hotel - nice turkish bath there (or the REgency - but I prefer the Asfiya) - sorry don''t know the numbers to prebook - else you are there at low season - so on your first morning take a walk towards town and drop in there and make your appointment!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:15:49 PM »
Yes the Asfiya is a good place to have a Turkish bath it is a nice hotel so just pop in on your 1st day and ask if they can fit you in. It is early mseason so you should be ok.

Offline rhythm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »
Hi Jane,
I visit Kalkan Regency Hamam (t. bath) for, five times a year and all I can say is they do their job just great with scrubbing and soap massage first (of course a sauna visit before that if you like) and then various kinds of massages, including aromatheraphy massages. It is a pity that if a hamam is touristic, it is usually a spoilt one, one that lacks in real hamam service. But although a touristic one, you will have a genuine hamam experience in K.R. Better to pre-book, their website is www.kalkanregency.com.tr
regards,

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:10:52 PM »
Jane, there was a Hanam open up past the Lizo last year, I can''t remember it''s name, ask Sarah at the Lizo about it

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
Hi Eljhem - if you mean up on the right hand side towards Kalamar at the crest of the steep hill -then that is owned by the same guy who runs the Atlantis in town and he is only open in high season (he told us in April) - so I guess that might include June but not sure..!!

Cheers!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 06:28:54 AM »
Yes that''s where it is and there is also one just down from it at the Elixer Hotel

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Newbies

Started by Mrgrimsdale on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 07:36:29 AM
by Mrgrimsdale
xx
Kalkan Newbies

Started by edthered on Introduce Yourself

11 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 08:20:57 AM
by babyboomer
xx
Kalkan Newbies

Started by Bantu on Introduce Yourself

13 Replies
Last post March 01, 2012, 06:56:37 PM
by tortoise lady
grin
Kalkan newbies

Started by gailyt on Introduce Yourself

14 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 10:12:25 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal