Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW ROAD ......... KALAMAR BAY  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
NEW ROAD ......... KALAMAR BAY
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »

Good morning all. I have just received an e-mail from some friends who live in Kalamar Bay and they state that off the main new road into Kalkan..( due for completion very soon ) there is now a road being dug out that cuts through the olive groves and down to Kalamar Bay. I would guess possibly down to the Kulube hotel area..???

Can anyone confirm this, i was out at our villa in Kalamar Bay in mid december and saw no sign of a road being worked on although i had heard rumours.
These olive groves are part of the Lycian Way and we had thought this would provide some protection from development.

Regards

Neil & Anita

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1076.0

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: NEW ROAD ......... KALAMAR BAY
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:07:29 PM »
Yes, you can now clearly see the road workings linking the new road to Kalamar. As yet, just the initial cutting has been done. The road is probably a year away. The new road has suffered a set back, as part of it currently being worked on, collapsed last week and the substructure dropped several feet. Locally, most people are saying it will not open in time for the start of this season. We have driven on it several times, starting at Yesilkoy and coming off at Akbel. It is very far from finished but perfectly driveable between those two points.

National road projects  - which this is - are funded by central, not local government, and are exempt from any restrictions regarding green belt areas.
 Lantana

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »
And, they do not stop for the tourist season!!!

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »

Many thanks Lantana, your local knowledge is always appreciated. I spoke with our villa builder this afternoon and his thoughts were that the road being ''cut'' at the moment off the new road and down to Kalamar Bay was due to 5000 sq ms of land being bought on some of the Shepperd''s land just before the Lycian way and around/above Kulube hotel area..............he said that he thought only 2 dwellings, possibly up to a maximum of 6 dwellings would be built on this land, the dwellings would only be one floor and a roof high due to planning restrictions and the nature of this land...( certainly not the 2/3 storey properties throughout Kalamar and Kalkan in general. He also thought that the road would just lead to these buildings and not any further. I guess we just wait and see..

Regards

Neil & Anita

Offline pious aquilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
We live in one of the few villas behind the Kulube adjacent to the olive groves where this new road is supposedly being built. We are naturally very concerned about noise etc. especially as we are expecting quite a lot of guests this year. Does anyone know how close this road will be to these houses????

Offline pious aquilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »
Me again! I am rather disappointed not to have any replies to my last posting regarding how close the new road is to the adjacent villas, but maybe there is no reason for anyone to be in that part pf Kalamar at this time of year to look.

We have guests coming to stay in our villa next month and we are concerned about noise etc. from this road, new cables or any building work that might have started on the hill leading down to the sea. Also whether all the olive trees have been removed on this hill side next to these adjacent villas in Kalamar. Can anyone please put my mind at rest about this???

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
Why don''t you ask you property management to send you digital photographs- not knowing your villa it would be hard for anyone to comment on the roads proximity. Also we have has rain for the last few days so I doubt anyone will be walking around that area.

Offline rhythm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
     hi, they finally came to end (at least for now) in opening the new road. It is coming down from the new main road, in a "S" shape, all the way to the cove just opposite of Kalamar Beach Club. They probably wont be doing more on this road for now, it is just for leading construction on those area which is not allowed in the season, anyway.. so, no need to worry about noise, as the work there has already been finished..they are just getting prepared for building there next year, I guess.. :(

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:16:58 PM »
They were certainly working on the main new road during the Summer, both in June and September.  The sound reverberated all around us and we''re on the Kalamar Road.  It was horrendously noisy.  Let''s hope it''s true that the work has stopped until winter.

Offline pious aquilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:28:55 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, which make us feel a bit happier! We have asked our management people to take some photos, and for info. regarding how close the road is to our villa etc. -  but no answers yet .....

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
Work has not stopped on the new main road which will by-pass Yesilkoy and Akbel before reaching Kalkan. The project plan has an opening date of May this year but there have been some delays caused by unforseen structural problems. As a result, construction activity has been stepped up and the noise from the road has increased in the last week or so. It is now hoped that the project will only be delayed by a few weeks at most.
Lantana

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
Thanks for this info Lantana.

Offline Kas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 11:53:36 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone know approx. know how much time this new road is going to save when driving to Fethie??

Thanks and have a nice weekend :-*

Best regards

Palle

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 06:42:11 AM »
Which road are we talking about here ?  The extension of the D400 i.e the big new one coming out at the petrol station above Kalkan or the construction traffic road winding down to the new site in Kalamar?

Offline Kas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »
Hi kevincat99 and others  :)

I am coming from Kas and are driving to Fethie. With these new roads that are build. How much faster can I come to fethie?

Best regards

Palle

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 03:56:30 PM »
Palle
The new road should make the drive to Fethiye about 15 minutes faster. The route will be slightly longer than the existing road but it is a fast, straight road with plenty of room to overtake slow moving vehicles.

lantana

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 04:31:22 PM »
Hi Kevincat 99
 We are talking about the d400, which is the main Mugla/Antalya highway, designated as a major route in the national government Mediterranean-Aegean Tourism Infrastructure Coastal Management Project.   Full details at www.kulturturizm.gov.tr/genel/text/eng/TST2023.pdf. The road is now almost through to Kalkan but the last few hundred metres are solid rock and this has necessitated a considerable amount of blasting this week. The Bulldozers cannot get through the last 400 metres until the rock is removed, so we expect quite a few more explosions in the next week or so.

I would estimate there is at least another 2 months  before completion of the road.

Lantana

Offline Kas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 07:48:52 PM »
Hi Lantana,

Thanks for the answer!!

Best regards

Palle

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurants on the Kalamar road

Started by oldh on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2008, 10:42:33 PM
by oldh
xx
Yaz Cafe Kalamar Road

Started by Duran on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 12:50:47 PM
by bassett
xx
Burglary - Kalamar Road

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2010, 11:27:00 AM
by lorilou
xx
Shop on Kalamar Road

Started by lynda on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post February 07, 2009, 04:59:49 PM
by howmad

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal