Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalamar Bay Construction  (Read 8309 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Kalamar Bay Construction
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:42 PM »
Does anyone have any idea as to what exactly is being constructed in Kalamr bay to the right of the beach club and in front of the six new very expensive villas already under construction?
Would love to know as it looks really big !!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1234.0

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Kalamar Bay Construction
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »
Rumours are always being passed around about what is happening.  I''ve heard that over time there will be shops/restaurants built in Kalamar - but of course this is just a rumour.  I suggest you post this note in the ''Owner''s Lounge'' as people living in Kalkan/Kalamar may have more of an idea.  I personally would love to know as we have a villa in Kalamar.

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »
Doh apologies my head was not with me when i posted earlier today.  Still, like you I would still also really like to know what''s going on

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »
Hi
Yes everything seems to run on rumours here
I heard it was to be [1] a private sun terrace for those very expensive villas behind it [2] a restaurant [3] an extension to the beach club -although why anyone would want to buy an expensive villa with a restaurant / beach club right in front of you - who knows and [4] an amphitheatre for ??
No doubt all will be revealed in time - maybe!!

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 10:38:51 AM »
Hello All.

I attach below the website of the constructors Tera Mare, who are to build 74..( yep 74 ) dwellings in the olive groves in Kalamar Bay. I new that Mavi Real Estate had sold 2 parcels of land here one for 14,000 sqm and the other for 5,000 sqm. As you will see on this website the total build area is for 85,000 sqm. The project is called Ten Tola Cove Villas & Apartments.
The 5000 sqm may be separate from this development as rumours abound that the Turkish minister for tourism has bought this...( i cannot confirm this though ).

Whilst this does look to be an exclusive development for the area, it also shows that money talks. Reading through it looks like they have paid £ 10.5 Million for the land, design, marketing and other costs. The concession to buying land in this area is that you can only build on 5% of the land and it looks like the buildings will only be Low Level ( 1.5 floors ), from what i saw last week when in Kalamar they are being set into the hillside, so the landscaping should be of a good quality.

For anyone buying or who has already bought in Kalkan and think that the area around you is protected, i doubt very much it is as this area runs parallel with the ancient Lycian Way which should have afforded some respect. The new road will probably open up further opportunities for development.

It is a long read........The 1st five pages are nice Kalkan blurb....The nuts ''n'' bolts from page six.

www.teramare.com/tentola_investment.pdf

Regards

Neil (Kalamar Bay)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »
Hi Neil
Thanks for that ....very good to know what might be happening
However, when you look at the plots they are developing, now some seem very near to the sea - I thought that it was supposed to be  200 metres or more - is that right?
Seems that the new development also has direct access to the sea - so will the coast area now be "privatised" and unavailable to the normal public??
Finally does anyone have any idea why currently Kalkan need another 74 properties to add to the 192 at La Vanta plus all the other construction that is going on
Is there any control on the number of properties being built in relation to the infrastructure of electricity, sewerage, water supply etc that is already creaking at times??
Anyone have any information on this?

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »

Thanks Kevin...

Looks to me like it will be private, with their own Jetty. All i can say is that the 200 metre rule cannot and does not apply if the right palms are greased. Look at what is happening above the Kalamar Beach Club..The Bulent project just keeps going down to the sea...

The only saving grace about the Olive Grove development, is that it is to the left of the old track that leads onto the Lycian Way. Although they have bulldosed the old well which must date back many hundreds of years.....not progress for those who like and value their history, but have we all contributed in some way by just wanting to be in such a beautiful area..!!!

Going forward, for villa owners this will probably be more competition if you rent your property out in the summer months.

Regards

Neil ( Kalamar Bay )

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 09:30:05 PM »
Is this the one that''s going next to the new nudist camp? :o

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 07:08:31 AM »
Hi Wendy

That''s a new one...but now two questions for you ?

Is membership available yet and / or is there anywhere in Kalkan that sells telescopes maybe?

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 10:00:18 PM »
The La Vanta company have taken out a full page advert today in the Mail on Sunday for their ''front line, sea view properties in phase 2''. No pictures of the nudist camp though, I looked really hard, sorry to disapoint you.

Offline rhythm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 09:26:38 AM »
     hi all,
   just to correct couple of things: it is not Tera Mare but Ozyerler company from fethiye who are building on the opposite side of kalamar bay.
   legally, in first 50 meters from the sea it is not allowed to build -except for open-cafeterias and beach clubs etc.- Between 100-200 meters from the sea you can build a villa with a height of max. 4.5 meters. It is after 200 meters from the sea you are allowed to build villas like most of ours, ground-first-second floor and a loft.

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 12:03:44 PM »

Thanks for the builders name Rhythm, but Tere Mare appear to be the public face and marketing machine should anyone need to contact them regarding the building programme. I tried ''googling'' Ozyerler Fethiye but got nothing.

Regards

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »
That''s something as to who is building in the bay - but does anyone have any idea yet of what is in front of the six big new villas that are in the process of being completed
It looks a really big construction and has completely spoilt the nice headland that was there
John [of the Feds] when you looked at the town plan what did it show there - or does the plan change dependant upon what the builders want??

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »

Thanks for the new shots.....myself and several others are watching this closely as some of us have properties on the single track road being used to transport all and sundry to these new projects. When out there at Easter it wasn''t pleasant, i got dust in my Efes...also, if the wifey laid still outside for a couple of Min''s she took a dusty yellowy brown tinge...!!!!!!. it is hoped that the new road leading down will be used going forward. The gates seem interesting, i was wondering exactly where they are.

When back out there at the end of April through to the middle of May,( as you know they should stop building at the beginning of May  ).... if they are still using our road which is just about ok for a donkey and cart, they may need to be prepared for some guerrilla tactics.

Belideye watch this space...or tarmac the road....!!!

Go Barnsley.....

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 08:20:18 PM »
Hi John

Interesting photographs of the new houses in Kalamar - but it is the construction on the shore to the right of the beach club that has us puzzled - still have no idea what it is supposed to be
Looking at your photos though, one of the houses under construction seems to be at least three storeys not the approved 2 + a half - another changes in the "rules" maybe ??

ps don''t think Barnsley will win - but who knows  :o

Offline rhythm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
    well, as they can not legally build in first 50 meters from the coastline, it is impossible to build a villa, house etc. there. They seem like building toilet and changing cabins at the moment which makes me think that it is going to be an extension of the beach club, some more terraces for sunbathing, cabins and maybe a cafeteria or a restaurant. but never a villa or a residential thing
   regards ...

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 09:53:02 AM »
Yes I am sure that is what it is - an extension to the beach club
But who would want to spend £450,000 on one of those six houses being completed behind it !!

Offline rhythm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 11:25:30 AM »
    Haha, definitely not me kevincat  ;D 450K for a 2-floor, ordinary (if you ask me)  villas which are in 100 meters line of the coastline, thus, with 4.5 meters height. went to see the buildings some time ago, they are tiny and clostrophobic. if they are asking this price only for location and the view, there are so many other places for sale at the moment in difeerent parts of kalkan with same great features. for such a price it is quite possible to buy a land 100-150 meters to the sea and build a special, a lot more functional villa. It would even cost less..

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
Hi Rhythm - me neither
But Mahmoud who owns the beach club also owns those houses - could perhaps understand it if someone else had built them  ???
It is rumoured however that one has been sold - but they may not have been told about the new "neighbour " in front of them
So probably another 5 / 6 houses in Kalkan unsold to go with the 16 or so unsold houses behind them over the road  :)

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 05:42:30 PM »
All sounds very busy and confusing around that area.
I''m going to have to wait till September to see what all this is about, but the updates you all post keep me up to date...thanks! :)

P.s Mr Feds...wish i''d known you were a Barnsley supporter as i could have sent you some of the many knock off Barnsley at Wembley  tshirts, scarves, flags, stickers, badges, etc that have been on sale in the centre of Barnsley for the past few weeks!  ;)
Excitement is in the air...well, they tell me thats what it is!!!  :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Major Construction in Kalamar Bay

Started by Rumfella on Buying A Property & Real Estate

14 Replies
Last post April 22, 2009, 03:28:34 PM
by Jamera
recycled
Construction

Started by Carl101 on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2009, 06:18:35 PM
by tashanvillas
xx
Roof Construction

Started by Elee on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post January 28, 2010, 10:07:00 AM
by shawn
xx
Construction Work

Started by misty on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post May 25, 2011, 11:55:18 AM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal