Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Better Late Than Never by Bob & Jayne  (Read 52966 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Better Late Than Never by Bob & Jayne
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »
I'm loving your holiday Shirl.......thanks for sharing it with us!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »
Sounds like you had a great day on Pina X - as you always do - this holiday keeps on coming up with more and more lovely days.  ;) :) :) :). Can't imagine why you reverted to alcoholic drinks on the boat - so unlike you two.  :angel: :angel:

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2014, 06:14:40 AM »
Has Shirl finally had a lie in? Or has Bob  interfered with the nipple?

06:11 am (uk time). Sat in my comfy chair, coffee in hand....no report....devastated.  Can Jayne make it truly "better late than never" and post before I head out the door?

Watch this space.................

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2014, 07:07:52 AM »
Morning Haybo, so sorry to disappoint you this morning, no interference with the red nipple, just the wi fi was not working and I didn't open my eyes until 8.30am!!!! yeah!!!

x

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2014, 07:10:18 AM »
Morning

On waking this morning, I thought to myself, it's flipping bright in our room this morning! like someone was shining a torch in my face, I couldn't believe it, it was 8.30am! I've had a 2 hour lie in, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woke OH up to tell him my news! bit grumpy he seemed on waking him!!!

Made some coffee and blog time, but no internet connection  >:( >:( >:(

Thursday - Down to breakfast, eggy bread today! just toast and cream cheese for me today, still full from our feast the previous day.

Market Day - up we trekked, all of 5 minutes away, but up that steep back hill again behind the hotel, think we managed a quicker pace this week though.  It was 10am, a bit later this week and it was boiling hot, we were stopped at the entrance by the guy selling the Lemon Cologne, and it was a welcome relief when he sprayed it all over us blowing as he did to cool us down on the back of our necks, sounds a bit weird, but it really does cool you down!

Off to find the Beats stall.  The Turkish man recognised us from last week, and you could see his eyes raise as we approached him.  I think he thought we were bringing it back, no we said, we would like to buy another 2, for the kids for Christmas presents. 10 minutes later, after he had blasted us out with the sound, a black and a pink one were purchased, and some cases to put them in.  When we turned round there must have been at least 10 people looking at them, again he said to us we brought him good luck, I think he sold quite a few in that short space of time.

Up to the hardware stall to buy some more plastic storage boxes for the apartment, we bumped into Automan and his youngest daughter, was happy to see that she was looking much better today after her sea sickness day on the boat, but poor Lizzie was poorly now  :( :( so no antics for us today! I hope your feeling better today Lizzie.

We were melting by this time, so back to the hotel, for a chill out day around the pool. Put our things in the room, a quick change, collected Waltina and straight into the pool, where we stayed until 5.30pm.  There were very few people around, and it was lovely.

We had planned on another picnic on the beach tonight, but we were so hot and still tired from the previous day, we decided we would still get our picnic and walk up the apartment and sit on the balcony with a bottle of wine. A hot spit roasted chicken, cheese, salad, and that lovely bread later, and some fruit and wine of course, we were there.  Put the music on, poured the wine, Beats playing and watched the sun go down.  It was a lovely way to spend an evening.  Got back to the hotel at 11pm, shattered again, but another lovely day was had.

Shirley x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
I love those days when you do absolutely nothing because you can.....!
Thanks for posting, Jayne/Shirley - loving your reports
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »
Sounds like you two 2 to  ;D had a fab day yesterday and your balcony meal sounds perfect too. Sorry I missed you at the market, sadly I was otherwise engaged  :'(

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
Jayne, I'm so glad to hear you are finally relaxing. What are your plans for Saturday? We need you to wave to us.....maybe before lunch set Asian Garry?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:56 PM »
Asian Garry.......??
That did make me laugh :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »
Don't you just love this predictive text thing...why Garry! Why would that be more likely than gate?  God help me!

Good night all! ( before I do owt else daft!)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2014, 07:06:36 AM »
Morning everyone

Well another lie in this morning, 8.30am again, definitely needed after our day yesterday.

Friday - Must shave my legs today I thought, and this proved more difficult than I had anticipated! The shower in our bathroom is very nice, but not very big, it has the curved glass type doors, so trying to bend down to do your legs when you are 5 foot 10 and half with the door closed was impossible! so I had to open the door to finish the job in hand, and as you can imagine it was quite a funny sight with my rear end sticking out of the shower!!

Down to breakfast, boiled eggs today! really not that hungry this morning, so just had some toast bread as they like to call it!

Kas was our location today, up the bus station we went, the Dolmus run frequently to and from Kas, 6TL per person each way. We boarded the bus, and off we went, we met a couple who we had met 3 years ago at the Samira Gardens as it was then, and had a nice chat to them on our journey.  35 minutes later we arrived at the harbour, disembarked and off we went to explore.  The old town was the first stop, such lovely shops, we bought a few things for the apartment, mainly things to hang on the walls, but something different, and some of the nice stripey towels, so we were pleased.  Next stop a lovely spice shop, as we approached the young lad in the shop ran to the back of the shop and before we knew it thrust 2 glasses of hot apple tea in our hands, he was such a lovely boy, I don't even like apple tea, but felt obliged to drink it as he was so kind. BBQ spices, chicken spices and a bag of crushed chillies later, we were off to the next shop. It just happened to be another BAG shop, there are so many in Kas, I couldn't believe it.  I made my purchase in no time at all, a lovely black leather Mulberry Clutch bag, I was so happy! Bob doesn't seem to understand at all, he said, I don't know why everyone needs so many bags!!!! Just a man thing I guess lol!

Time for refreshments next we thought, so back down to the harbour and picked the best location to watched the goings on, with plenty of shade.  Lovely restaurant run by an Italian, who was super friendly.  Bob and I are really into our coffee, and what he served us was truly delicious.  Bob got talking, as he does! and before I knew it, the owner had taken Bob behind the counter to show him his coffee machine!

Now what shall we do next, beach in Kas or back on the Dolmus and stop off at Akcagerme Plaj on the way back.  We went for a wander to look at the boats, and then saw you can get a water taxi to another beach 20 minutes away.  We paid our 15TL each, jumped on board and off we went.  What we didn't realise was that the beach we were going to was so close to Meis, absolutely fantastic views on the way, so glad we decided to go for this option.  There were lots of boats moored up in various coves as we chugged over to the beach.  20 minutes and we had arrived at Bilal's Beach.  It was quite busy, but we were shown to 2 sunbeds right by the waters edge, so perfect.  They don't charge for the sunbeds and you don't even have to buy a drink or food if you prefer not to, but of course we did! We had a lovely swim, the sea was so warm, then sunbathed, a waiter appeared and took our order for drinks, a large beer and diet coke for me (was being good today) later, and we were sorted.  The time went so quickly, and it was soon 3pm, and we were hungry, we went up the restaurant, OH had shrimps cooked in peppers, onions and garlic with the lovely rice and orzo, and I had chicken snitzel with rice, salad and a few chips, which was delicious, another large beer and water for me and we were full! Back to the sunbeds a few more swims and before we knew it, it was 5.30pm  It was sadly time to say goodbye to this beautiful place, but I can  assure you we will be back for a repeat visit next year and thoroughly recommend if you are in Kas, then go there too if you have the time.  Back on the boat we got, I hadn't bargained for choppy seas, but my goodness it was choppy, only for the middle section of the trip though where you are in the open sea, but we survived, Bob was laughing at me, and what I didn't realise he videod me on his phone hanging on for dear life and muttering under my breath! We had seen a beautiful gullet anchored up, and when we got nearer, we realised it was a Thomson boat, it was lovely. Back on dry land, off we went to get the Dolmus back to Kalkan.

We had had the most beautiful day, we were very tired, but happy! We arrived back to the bus station around 7pm, and a quick look in Bim and Migros, stopped at the cash machine, and back to the hotel.

After a shower and a little rest, we got ready and off we went to Kaya to meet Lizzie and Automan.  So pleased to see that Lizzie was much better, they had just finished their meal, so we all went down to Mercaz cafe for a drink.  We've never been in there before, but it really is pleasant sitting there watching everyone go by, and it's also opposite BSG, so couldn't be in a better position!! didn't dare go in though, am all bagged out now I think. We had a lovely evening with the Gang, by about 11pm, Lizzie was feeling a bit tired, I think the day was catching up on her now, although she was much better, I don't think she was feeling 100%, so off they went back to their villa, leaving us to finish off our drinks. We were feeling tired too, but Keenan appeared and sat down to have a chat, Bob bought him a Fanta, and we chatted for a while, such a lovely man.  We left the Cafe, and Bob said lets just have a look at Botanik Garden Bar just up above where we were, it was buzzing in there, such a fab atmosphere, we couldn't resist having one for the road, it would have been rude not to! It was getting on for 1am now, and I really was tired, so back to the hotel it was.

The moral of my blog today - a fantastic day was had by all! 

Shirley x

PS. Haybo, Asian Garry, that made us chuckle! I am always doing things like that with predictive text, send them, and think what on earth!!!!  Yes, will do a webcam pose just before Asian Gate tonight, will whatsap you later with a time, when I have spoken to The Gang, we have booked for 7.30pm, so am guessing around 7.20pm, the webcam by the School at the roundabout. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:20:14 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2014, 08:24:28 AM »
What a nice day....I'm guessing the island was turkish or here would be all sorts of passport issues.  Book us in for that next summer!

I must have mis remembered your post about Asian 'Garry' .  I thought you were going for lunch.  Sadly the sun will be behind you at the time you suggest - we need a day time slot really. 
Before you go home I am going to leave a post uncorrected....it is bonkers the amount of correcting you have to do to the auto-correct!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
Why not just turn auto-correct off?

Or would that be taking away half the fun?
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »
OMG...how do I do that...this is great news!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2014, 02:53:54 PM »
So sorry I was such a party pooper last night but I'm putting my dancing shoes on tonight so keep your fingers crossed. Your day sounded so fab Jayne, wish we could have  been there with you. Very much looking forward to Asian Garry tonight (sorry Haybo, couldn't resist!) ;D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »
Sounds a really lovely day and the photos you sent us look great. :) :) :) Definitely on the list, which is reaching astronomical proportions now - no way we will be able to do everything on it in two weeks! Have a good meal tonight! Sxx Glad to hear Lizzie is better BTW. :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »
I shall call it Asian Garry for evermore!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2014, 04:14:36 PM »
Ha ha Haybo, love it! we need to find another slot for our Web cam!

Skunk those photos were taken by a very naughty Automan!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie you weren't a party pooper last night, but so glad your dancing shoes are out for tonight, what with your shoes and my newly pedicured pink size 8's today, we will be on top form!!!

Shirl xx
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:24:06 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »
Don't you just love finding something new....?
Really enjoyed this report Jayne/Shirley as we are not big fans of Kas, but your day out there sounded perfect.
Plus you have finally been to Merkez  :)
We really loved Botanik this year and they make great cocktails. Sulyeman from Pink Beach Club has moved there too.....such a lovely guy.
Enjoy Asian Garry  :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2014, 07:11:30 AM »
Expecting great things...according to the front page of EK forum

Users active in past 20 minutes:
Haybo, Automan, Lizilu20, Bob & Jayne

Better get the kettle on for a nice coffee and a read of how things went at Asian Garry .

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Better late than Never

Started by macrefield mom on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post October 22, 2013, 01:43:27 PM
by kalkan4eva
smiley
Better late than never

Started by BevJam on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post March 05, 2008, 07:08:38 PM
by Chucky
xx
Late doors...

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 07, 2014, 05:49:02 PM
by Kuzu
xx
Late Departure

Started by kazilla on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 17, 2019, 08:14:43 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal