Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We made it!!!!!  (Read 9494 times)

Offline maddie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: We made it!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »
Kalkan 18-25th August 2014

17th August -Thomson flights booked £135pp, Apartment booked Harbour Heights Komerluk (?????), Car Hire booked ( Budget )£ 137 for the week. We did not have a lot of choice for car hire.
Now all we have to do is pack, stock up the fridge for the son, visit the in-laws, and all the usual pre holiday preparations, do it yourself Shellac, do it yourself hair dye (no time for hairdressers and when I asked OH if he thought my hair was OK he said "well it is a bit bright")
While we were food shopping I spotted a hair dye kit for brush on highlights. Right that's a plan, I could use the brush and paint on a few lowlights just to tone it down a little. The hair had suffered a little from our July holiday.
Once home I disappeared to the bathroom with my home hair dye kit and set to work. While it was developing I got on with the nails. Just then OH popped his head round the door to see what I was doing and ........."What the bl.... Hell have you done to your hair". This was the understatement of the year I have to say. I answered calmly that it will be alright when it's dry while quietly panicking and working out a plan. This was at 330 on Sunday afternoon, and I was cooking a roast for the family who were arriving at 430.
I quietly slipped out of the back door with the car keys shouting, "I just need to pop to ASDA for something, won't be long". Half an hour later I'm back in the bathroom, yorks hires in the oven, madly slapping "Oslo blonde no 9" on my hair.
I serve and eat our lovely roast lamb wearing a shower cap to hide my disastrous attempt at creating my new ombré look Still got to pack!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »
Maddie sounds fab. But still confused when you are here as it's the 21st today and you say your here from 18th to 25th.

Jayne

Offline maddie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »
Yes we are here now and I'm trying to catch up with myself. It took me so long to pluck up courage to write. I really enjoy reading everyone else's reports, especially at home, so thought I would try. Almost succeeded in typing while lying on a sun bed although I need 2 hands for punctuation.

Offline maddie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
Packing Sunday 17th
As I said before, we only have one 20kg case between us. I think a 14kg/6kg split is pretty fair. I will need this for all the L'Oreal hair repair products never mind anything else.
Now passport, credit card, kindle, iPad, GHD's and brand new "Ancient Greek Sandals,"and we are nearly done. I think I am similar to many people on this forum who have a "Kalkan wardrobe", comfy, casual, cotton or containing elastic. A quick email to Osman and an early night is on the cards.
Monday 18th
Our son drops us off at Newcastle airport nice and early for the 745 flight. We have a pattern here that we can almost do in our sleep.... Greggs sandwich for the flight, through security, into Smiths for paper and magazines, browse Monsoon, buy false nails in Claire's, and a spritz of perfume in duty free, and the gin and Bacardi too, nearly forgot.
The flight is full, and we discover that our last minute booking has resulted in leg room seats. Lovely new plane, smooth journey too. It was so nice to fly in the daytime.When we landed it took a few minutes for the doors to open and we overheard someone in front of us talking about the suitcase of ............. She was bringing over for her restaurant owner friends. We were intrigued to know what this magic ingredient was, we have been known to share our duty free allowance with a fav bar but what on earth would justify a suitcase full.
We kept our ears pinned and you will never guess what it was.....or maybe you will.??!!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
An  so glad your posting too maddie and enjoy your holiday. Very impressive too that your posting from your sunbeds.

Jayne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »
Ok following now....! You are there :)
Have you booked your accommodation with Turquoise Collection..? I'm wondering if your apartment is one of the block the Halit built on the site of the Yellow House?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 11:38:32 AM »
Hi Maddie,

I hope you are having a fab holiday.Yes Harbour Heights is the block of 3 apartments,built by Hallitt,where the yellow house used to be.
We are right next door at the Komurluk Apartments

Also Maddie I have left you a follow up PM........We purchased the apartment off the two guys you mentioned in your PM to me,so we now own the apartment that you have stayed in before.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/TK4455.htm?src=
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
We've stayed at Kormurluk Apartments a few times.....Those apartments built by on the site of the Yellow House look amazing but I think they are only available to rent through Turquiose Collection who are a bit pricey IMO.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »
Hi Kalkan4eva,

Yes they are nice but because they go through a letting agency..Turquoise collection,they will be taking their commission and it does make them expensive to rent.

The Komurluk apartments are fantastic value,a lot of the balconies are much larger than those at Harbour heights.All our apartments rent so easily because they are all uniquely designed,all different,and the views and position are unrivalled.

I would love to hear which ones you have stayed at ??

Offline maddie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »
We booked through the owner not Turquoise Collection. There was a little discount because of the late booking and only 2 of us. So prompt and professional as well it was so easy to do.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 10:29:46 PM »
maddie, would you PM me the accommodation contact details please? Cheers

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
Hi maddie, Im assuming you are home now too :(
Would be great to hear how you got on holidaying in Kalkan on a budget
PS thanks for the PM - looks fabulous :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Made to measure

Started by Blue wave on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post August 04, 2012, 10:49:10 PM
by Blue wave
xx
IT MADE MY SATURDAY.

Started by Chris18648 on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 04:51:39 PM
by alantj
recycled
Hand made shoes and boots

Started by RaynJudi on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post March 10, 2008, 06:40:55 PM
by RaynJudi
xx
TAILOR - MADE TRIP TO HISTORIC SITES

Started by Alfaman on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 09:06:31 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal