Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Better Late Than Never by Bob & Jayne  (Read 52894 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Better Late Than Never by Bob & Jayne
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
sob sob sob...... :'(
It's been a double pleasure having both you and Lizilu posting, so now it means double pain that you are both departing :( How selfish :-*
Loved your blogs Jayne, and lucky you coming back in April. Look forward to Kalkan out of season posts already.
Take care and safe journey home to cold, miserable blighty.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
I'm feeling under pressure for October! Mind you we won't be getting up to the mad antics you have done during your holiday! How exciting can I make......got up, went to the beach, ate out, got up, went to the beach.........??  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »
Aww Babs bet you can't wait for October? Am sure your blog will be fab and looking forward to hearing all about your holiday too. No pressure lol!

Jx

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »
Lovely blog Jayne - really lightened up my return from Turkey at the end of July. Be warned the weather is frightful here so make the most of your last few hours. Bet you end up in Asian Garry again tonight!! Keep in touch after you get home. I miss all the whatsapps of dinners and lunches, pubs and seasides and all that stuff. Have a safe journey back too and love to Bob. Sxxx

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2014, 04:36:36 PM »
How fantastic that you got to go to the beach again! Another Kalkan treat. Back home now after a 4:20hr drive home from my folks.  Looking forward to the last installment of 'better late than never'.  I guess you land around 07:30...will think of you on my drive down to Stratford.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
Yes we've just been looking at the flight to see if it's changed, but so far so good.  Fab last day and now can't agree on where our last supper for 2014 in Kalkan will be! Glad you've had a lovely time in Dorset.  Actually do feel like sobbing k4e, but just put next year's count down to kalkan on our phone, so don't feel so bad now! Skunk food for for thought now you've reminded us about Asian Garry!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:10:30 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »
Good morning

Well we are home safe and sound, after what was not the best of journeys, and after an 11 hour sleep last night, am feeling more like a human being this morning!

Monday/Tuesday - Well where did I leave it, seems like a million miles away now! Our dear friends had departed  :( :(  we spent the last few hours on the beach, watching those turtles, what a treat that was this year, it's amazing how that beach fills up around 4pm when all the Turkish come down with the picnics! We noticed that sweetcorn boy hadn't been down for the past week, so could only guess that he was off back to University for the winter months.  We said goodbye to our new friend (Ahmed the Beachman) and off we went back to the apartment. We still couldn't decide on where to eat, but Asian Garry again it was to be! We were all packed and off we went. We had our meal which was very nice indeed, and then a quick last look in town, and back to the apartment.  Being picked up at 01.40am, what a ridiculous time, so at 10.30pm, we thought we would have a couple of hours sleep. Set the alarm for 00.55am, thinking we would feel refreshed, not sure whether I actually felt worse or better to be honest.  Transfer arrived bang on time, and off we went.  On arrival at Dalaman, thinking middle of the night and won't really be many people, but there were lots of flights taking off, true to form, ours was delayed again! but only by 45 minutes this time.  Good old Monarch!!! or is that Monarkkkkk Automan???  ;D ;D  A family of 6 were behind us in a right panic, they had only realised at midnight that their flight was going today, as they thought it was tomorrow, and they had actually had to pack in an hour, felt so sorry for them, the mum was so stressed, the nan had been in hospital, can't imagine how they must have felt when they realised! but they made their Thomas Cook flight on time, but only just!!!

Off we went with our hand luggage to check in, we were really lucky because we were given the emergency exit seats with extra leg room, so at least we would have a bit of space.  The flight was somewhat bumpy to say the least, and being terrified of flying, I couldn't really sleep, but thankfully we arrived safely back at Gatwick around 8.30am.  It was raining so hard, we couldn't see properly out of the car on the way back, and the journey was awful, talk about welcome home to Blighty! Back on the M23, M25, M3 and M27, and finally back home to Dorset.

Lovely to be home though finally, Sausage and mash it was for dinner, had been thinking about that all week, and we were in bed by 8pm as our night's missed sleep had finally caught up on us. 

Wednesday - OH back to work today,  :( but for me not until next Monday I am pleased to say.  :D

So here endeth my Blog too.  I would like to say thank you for reading my holiday blog, I hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I have had writing it.  I feel sad to be home, but can guarantee without a doubt, we we will be back .........

We had the most fab holiday, spent with some fab people!!!! :D :D :D

Shirley (Back in Jayne mode now folks!!! until next time that is ...................)

xxxx
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:19:32 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2014, 09:44:58 AM »
Thank you Jayne for sharing your holiday with us all.  I think Babs said the other day that her reports would be pretty repetitive, but it's only by actually sitting down to write a report that you recall all of the wonderful, sights, sounds and smells of Kalkan and its wonderful people.

Whether it's watching other people have fun, or remembering the random acts of kindness that you see and experience , no two days are actually the same and there is always an interesting tale to tell, or a new nugget of information to share with your Forum buddies. - so that we get there feeling like we never left!

Counting the days til your Easter reports!

Having a few days off now as my sister is coming to stay.  Lovely morning! Been to asda already - efes £4.09 for 4 bottles, halley biscuits and KitTat in stock too! Will leave them for Kalkan thanks..although a betyi kebab from hunkar's would get snapped up pretty quickly!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »
Oh Jayne....look what we've been missing all these years!
I've loved your fab blog, I've been vicariously living every moment with you and just wishing I was there. You've obviously had a great stay and a nice few days off now to ease you gently back into UK life.
Until next time indeed :-*

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »
Aw Shirl, I'm missing you and Bob and your blogs already. Glad you're home safe and sound and we can't wait to repeat all the fun with you two again next year.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »
Brilliant blog Jayne, I've loved catching up each day with your exploits. Mine will sound pretty mundane compared to the epic 2 weeks you've had.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »
I know fabulous accounts of what sounded like a wonderful holiday. We're on Kalkan countdown go on Tuesday can't wait. After Bri's experiences last year everybody does a Hilda Baker to us when they know where we're going. Loud whispers wasn't that where Brian had his YOU KNOW WHAT? Patiently and resignedly I answer yes but I know where the hospital is and even the bus stop to Fethiye so dont worry wer'e fine. OOh you are brave what going to Kalkan for three wonderful weeks perfectly heroic thats me! So cases in process of being packed visas in hand and can almost taste my first EFES.

Offline kevtamuk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
Thanks for a wonderful report.  Really enjoyed reading all about it and have made copious notes for our trip in October - shame we are only going for a week as we have a list of bars and restaurants that would take a lot longer to visit.

Really appreciate the time it takes to write these reports - my husband and myself normally do a similar thing on our holidays and then put them on a website as a reminder of holidays past.  Can be quite time consuming but the memories and the information you can pass on to others is invaluable.

Tammy

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
The good thing about having a list longer than your visit is that you have to come back.... ;)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind words, and I would just like to say it doesn't matter how long or short anyone's posts are, it is still great fun reading about everyone's holidays in our little bit of Paradise! The more the merrier! Getting a bit of a habit keep looking on EK of late  :D :D :D

Off topic - but just to say "Thank you" Haybo for nominating me in the Ice Bucket Challenge!!!!  LOL!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) x

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »
Thanks Shirl! Sorry but that's going to stick now! I'm looking forward to a few more blogs before I start mine in October  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »
Ha ha, Bob said Shirl would stick!  Yes definitely looking forward to yours in October too Babs!  :D :D :D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »
Oh the pressure! ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
you can do it girl... ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
Go on Babs! Your EK needs you!!! ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Better late than Never

Started by macrefield mom on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post October 22, 2013, 01:43:27 PM
by kalkan4eva
smiley
Better late than never

Started by BevJam on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post March 05, 2008, 07:08:38 PM
by Chucky
xx
Late doors...

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 07, 2014, 05:49:02 PM
by Kuzu
xx
Late Departure

Started by kazilla on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 17, 2019, 08:14:43 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal