Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel / beach club with swimming for 1 daytime only?  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Cleevemoor

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi everyone,

Our family is coming to Kalkan for 2 weeks from 16th August, departing 30th August. Our flight back to the UK departs from Dalaman at 21:25 on 30th August.

Unfortunately the villa we have hired for 2 weeks has new guests arriving on 30/8 so we need to be out by mid-morning.

Can anyone recommend a hotel or a beach club where we could stay just for the day, to allow swimming, lunch, and then have a quick shower to freshen up before heading for the airport at about 5pm?

Thanks in advance.
Pete

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12281.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Hotel / beach club with swimming for 1 daytime only?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »
Hi Cleevemoor,
I'm pretty sure this has been covered before.
From memory you might need to book a room for the day if you go to a hotel, but I think there are a few that offer daily rates. depending on where you are staying in Kalkan you could try bookings.com to see who might have availablilty for the day in question or try directly with hotels like Allegra, Dionysia, Asiyan - all have pools to see if they can offer you a deal. It's peak weeks so there will be limited availability :(
You can certainly go to any of the beachclubs but they don't provide towels.
Another option would be to spend the day in Goceck, just outside of Dalaman.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »
All of the beach clubs will probably fulfil your requirements but check with your accommodation to see if they will store your bags securely until your departure time.

Offline Cleevemoor

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 01:49:48 PM »
Thanks Kalkan4eva and Chris S for your replies.

My booking agent has recommended getting a day rate at Kalkan Suites. Does anyone know what that is like? I was leaning probably more towards a beach club so we could eat on site (not sure if Kalkan Suites are self-catering?)

Kalkan4eva - are you certain none of the beach clubs offer towels? Seems a bit surprising and would be a problem for us as we're not planning on taking towels...

Also - if a beach club - can anyone recommend one rather than me taking a random pick? I went to the Kalamar Beach Club (but am a bit put off after a VERY bad / scary experience with Kalkan Diving School in August 2012).

Thanks again,
Pete
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:51:45 PM by Cleevemoor »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »
Kalkan Suites are lovely - it used to be the Samira Gardens Hotel and whilst all their accommodation is all self-catering suites now, there's a poolside bar which I think does offer food. If not, Chillies is just a short stroll up the road.
I'm pretty sure none of the Beach Clubs offer towels as standard. I've never been to one where I've seen anyone ask for and/or receive towels. Everyone brings their own. Think Antler came unstuck with this a year or two ago when they went to a beach club for their last day - being in a similar situation to yourselves. Just thought I'd flag it up with you.
I take it your villa offers pool/beach towels? You can buy some in town or at the market if you dont want to bring any with you and your villa isnt providing them.
I'd recommend Palm Beach Club - with or without towels :)
If you go with Kalkan Suites, I think they provide pool towels - at least they did when our friends stayed there when it first opened.
Good luck.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 05:30:27 PM »
Just a thought cleevemoor, but why don't you invest in some cheap Turkish pestemal towels. They vary in price but the small thinner ones can be bought quite cheaply and are fantastic for taking on boat trips as they are lightweight and absorbent. They also dry really quickly so would be ideal for your last day at a beach club or wherever you chose to go.
You can buy them from the market or shops in town. We got 2 more expensive ones at Easter and will be buying more this august as even though our villa provides towels, we prefer these for trips etc.  :) 8)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 09:40:24 AM »
You might like to consider the Dream Hotel - my guests often rent out a room for the day once they have checked out of my apartment next door. Ergun used to charge around £30 per room - it may have gone up now. It is very central and has a fabulous pool/terrace/sunbeds/views. Food and drink available at the pool bar, or at the lovely HAN just in front on the main roundabout. Pestemals from Kipa round the corner 5TL each.
http://www.kalkandreamhotel.com/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Getting to Palm beach club and Caretta beach club?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2011, 08:43:55 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Kalkan Beach Parc beach club

Started by Sandancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
New beach club?

Started by AlisonD on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

17 Replies
Last post May 31, 2017, 09:50:08 AM
by Mayday1
xx
Beach club

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2018, 06:29:27 PM
by Sezkalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal