Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New beach club?  (Read 6464 times)

Offline AlisonD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
New beach club?
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:34:45 PM »
I seem to recall reading a post suggesting that a new beach club was being built somewhere near the existing Palm Beach Club. Is anyone able to shed some light on this, any pictures, when does it open or has anyone been there yet etc?
Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13721.0

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
Re: New beach club?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »
It is not open. Apparently there is some legal reason why it hasn't opened.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:47:06 PM »
It looks like it's been abandoned, unfinished. Shame as there has been a lot of work done and money spent but as baclava says, I've heard there are legal reasons why it isn't progressing. No planning permission is what I heard.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 09:10:22 PM »
It's not improved the look of the bay, it's just a big area of concrete.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:43:09 AM »
Yes for legal reasons it has not opened....probably planning permission but the developer apparently received a very big fine from the Kas beledye late last year..Nearby business's may also have complained about the development....these are all alleged comments and cannot be stated as fact......but the sad upshot is that this area looks a concrete mess with no immediate prospect of the place opening any time soon

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:03 AM »
And therein lies the problem...once the land has been built on there's no returning it to olive groves, sadly. This beach club was practically finished last year but we were told by the developer it ran-over past the middle of May so they had to stop work. Abandoning it now will just leave it as an eyesore...like the hotel on Kalamar Road...!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Hannah Smith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »
Can't believe what I was reading so went down to visit for myself. I was so excited by the prospect of such a prestigious development when I visited last year.
But you have to ask yourself what sort of builder or developer would get so far into a project without clearing all the "legal" hurdles? Were they locals who thought they could bribe the Council when the illegal project was finished?
Disappointed if the project doesn't go ahead. But if it doesn't, the builder should be made to clear up the site or restore it to its former condition.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »
Unfortunately, Hannah, it could stay like that for years if there's some kind of dispute. A lot of Komurluk has been developed by this builder in the past (including private beach platforms) and there's never been a problem before - although I think he has a British partner for this project which might be an issue, not sure..? Or could just be the Kalkan rumour mill in full swing..! The builder also has some plots on the hill between Kalamar and Kalkan...not heard much about those developments in the close season either.
It would be good if building work was scaled back as there are far too many properties and the market isn't exactly buoyant right now for either rentals or sales. Kalkan also has 6 or 7 beach clubs and to be fair business for them hasn't been great over the past couple of years so throwing another one into the mix will affect them all - particularly Palm Beach. That said, its practically built now so I'd rather see it completed and open for business rather than a concrete scar on the landscape.
It does work differently in Turkey in terms of planning and permissisons as we know  ;)

Offline Hannah Smith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 02:41:21 PM »
so kalkan4eva, it looks like the developer and builder have names!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 07:13:33 PM »
Last October the building plots between kalkan and Kalamar that K4E mentioned were just bare patches......a few footings but really just numbered plots. I remember seeing a model for this development a few years ago. Planning is certainly different in turkey!!

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »
There is also another new beach club ready to open in Kisla right next to the existing Kalkan Beach  Park ( the one with the water slide).
I was out last week and its almost up and running. Its got a beautiful swimming pool too. Sun loungers and umbrellas all there.
They were just finishing off some wooden cabins and appeared to be clearing the area in front of the Kulahana hotel for parking.

Not appropriate to mention here but there is a new burger bar, decked out with bright yellow and red chairs and tables on the corner opposite where the Pandora  shop was. Previously it was the shop that sold cushions, teal ligh holders , spices etc.
KK

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 11:04:51 AM »
Thanks, Kalkankiwi, we'll check it out.
With reference to the burger chain that have opened, there been a lot of discussion on social media about this place - a lot of it negative comments, as you would expect.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
Cant see what all the fuss is about..if the Burger place has no call for it it wont survive(bearing in mind local Kalkan people might use it too not just tourists?)...simples..  just like the outcry when the fast pizza place arrived several years ago you'd have thought from the mass hysteria that the immediate downfall of Kalkan was about to happen.I think Kalkan has more problems than burgers ..mainly getting people to come to kalkan too eat them for starters  ;D any business including beach clubs are taking a big risk in the current climate /situation .
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:41:38 PM by Blue Lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
Well said BL, Kalkan isn't all about the foreign tourist nowadays,  there are far more Turkish people visiting or buying here now, there are also many Turks who love McDonald's  & Burger King just to see them in places such as Fethiye & Antalya prove that. Kalkan is no longer a small village, it is a small town with lots of Turkish people working/living here coming from further afield to do so & there are several establishments in Kalkan who have burgers on their menu & they are very popular with both visitors & locals..   

As you say if there is no call for it, it will go, as will many other places if this year doesn't pick up, this is a very different time for the tourist areas.   

Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 09:05:59 PM »
Totally agree with you both!
The comments on social media were utterly shocking, calling for a boycott and querying what was happening to "our" Kalkan. Someone may have put their lifesavings into the project and they were being condemned before a single burger had been sold! I also recall the dreadful furore over Passaport Pizza a while back and last year's Golden Plate snobbery!
More Turkish people are holidaying in Kalkan and these sort of places are really popular with Turkish people in other resorts, so I guess they are trying to cater for this market...why not?

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 06:36:06 AM »
Kalkan is in Turkey, it may have been a 'little Britain ' once but then only in the summer season. Just because there are many foreign property owners or those who visit frequently here doesn't mean they own it.

Perhaps instead of putting such comments on social media these people should go & see the Mayor & have a chat.

Offline AlisonD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
Ah ok so the upshot is the new beach club near the Mahal/Palm Beach isn't being completed any time soon - however there is another new beach club in Kisla near the existing Kalkan Beach Club!? I'd love to hear more about it if anyone else has had a look at it recently? Anyone know when its likely to open - we are visiting Kisla from the 3rd of July.

Thanks

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »
Hi Alison,

I could update you on the new place you mention,next to kalkan beach park.........it is not actually a new beach club at all.....it is called Aristos and is a water sports business.......( used to be based at Indigo beach club )...they have all types of water based craft...

There is a swimming pool above it which looks like it may be part of Aristos........but it isn't.......it is actually the pool belonging to Kuluhana hotel ( based above the pool )..........as the kuluhana hotel is quiet at the moment,like much of kalkan,they allow Aristos and Kalkan beach park guests to use their pool......but this may change if the hotel gets busier....as it is usually for the exclusive use of hotel guests
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:51:58 AM by Mayday1 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Getting to Palm beach club and Caretta beach club?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2011, 08:43:55 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Kalkan Beach Parc beach club

Started by Sandancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
Beach club

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2018, 06:29:27 PM
by Sezkalkan
xx
mahal beach club

Started by jcac on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 15, 2010, 08:58:43 PM
by Wendy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0347.JPG

Views: 3187
By: fidimax
Turkey 2010 048.JPG