Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach Clubs  (Read 4326 times)

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Beach Clubs
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:16:23 AM »
Two weeks today we will be waking up in Kalkan for the very first time and cant explain how excited we all are  ;D
We are bringing our 16 year old daughter and her friend and wondered if anyone could tell me if the beach clubs would be safe for them to go to on their own during the day? Many thanks  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12176.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Beach Clubs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
Hi Kizzy, you're going to love kalkan!

When you say safe, do you mean in terms of health and safety ie lifeguards and measures to prevent accidents or safe as in personal safety ie undesirables?

It's adifficult one to answer really as people's opinions are so varied when it comes to kids and their boundaries etc. If I were you I'd check the beach clubs out as a family first, then decide if you feel happy with your daughter and a friend going it alone. I'm sure you'll reach a decision that suits you all.

Have a fantastic holiday  :)

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:56:12 AM »
Thank you Lizilu20 - sorry meant undesirables!  They are good girls but you never know who is around do you?  Yes that is a good idea spend the day as a family and then we can all make the decision whether to let them roam free for a few hours or not! Although for the very first time we have a villa with a private pool so they might just be happy lying around there all day and doing their social thing at night!  Do you have any recommendations for a beach club with two teenage girls? ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
We have 3 teenage girls between us 2 aged 17 and 1 aged 13. All 3 of them prefer to stay mooching around the villa pool as they have got wifi for their phones and every other wireless essential that kids need these days  ;D

But we dragged them kicking and screaming to Kalkan beach park last year and they tolerated it. One even managed to keep full make up intact while swimming and elegantly floating on her back but it didn't take long for them to get fed up and moaning about the drying effects of salt water on delicate faces and skin! The youngest enjoyed it the most and had fun but to be honest, the elder 2 would have preferred to have stayed at home.

This time we fancy trying another couple of clubs, eg indigo, palm and possibly Kalamar as they have pedalos and a few other things to keep youngsters amused but our girls have been put off Kalamar already by friends telling us that sometimes there are jellyfish around Kalamar bay. We are determined to try them, though may leave the elder two back at the villa.  ::) 8)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
We have always found Palm to be great for teenage kids as there is plenty of space, they can go and sit on the trampoline or platform with other kids, there in plenty of shade around and wifi. A table tennis area and a chill out area. Indigo is also good as they can also walk into town if board.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »
Think they will want to go to the one with the best looking waiters!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »
Kalamar Beach Club is definitely best for teenagers.....ours loved it when they were younger, but Palm was a bit too quiet for them.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
Our daughters loved Kalamar too when they were teenagers. It seemed to be the place where all the youngsters met up. I'm guessing two weeks is when GCSEs finish? If so there will be lots of kids the same age and they will have a ball. We always found Kalkan a very safe place for our daughters but as Lizilu says it's all about boundaries. I think all the beach clubs have free wifi so that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 01:42:20 PM »
Thanks all very much for the input.  You are right Wi-Fi is an absolute must ;D but have to admit I am a bit like that with my phone :D Will definitely give one of them a go and take it from there and yes Kalkan Regular I bet you are right about the waiters ! ;D Their GCSEs finished last Friday so it is all systems go!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »
Hi Kizzy,
We will be there pretty much the same time as you. We are also taking our 16 yr old daughter. Our son is only joining us for the 2nd week so I think she will be glad of his company after a week with us "oldens" Her last exam is next week so I think she will be happy to just chill after so much work. We went to Kalkan for the first time last year and loved it, hence the return this year. We didn't get to Kalamar beach club last year, but it's definitely on the list this year as most posts on here suggest its good for the teenagers.
Our daughter is also keen to do a "try dive" (scuba dive) from the beach club as I believe they do it from the beach so not so daunting as going way out to sea. I'm tempted to have ago myself!
Anyway I hope you all have a fantastic time and I'm sure the girls will also just love wondering off on their own around the old town with all the little shops. My daughter bought some great "Holister"clothes last year and I have to say the quality has been fantastic. Shop around and you will see the difference in quality depending on the price. Enjoy  :) 

Offline VickiM

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »
We are new to Kalkan although have visited Turkey many times, we were married at Olu Deniz.
Arriving on the 2nd July with another family. We have three boys, two of 16 and a 14 year old between us. Which are the beach clubs with sea trampoline, free pedalos or canoes please?
We are hoping to allow the boys some freedom, are the clubs happy for boys of this age to visit alone? Also is there somewhere teenagers tend to meet in the evenings? Perhaps a more lively bar?
Many thanks.
Counting the days

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 10:10:03 PM »
As said previously Kalamar is the best beach club for teenagers....I imagine it would be fine for them to go alone?
Once you arrive you will soon find out which is the bar favoured by the teenagers this year......it'll be the one with no one over the age of 20!  ;D ;D
We always found Kalkan to be very safe for our daughters when they were teens and I'm sure someone will be along soon to give an opinion or info about boys!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach Clubs

Started by alshepuk on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

15 Replies
Last post September 16, 2009, 09:41:25 PM
by itstime
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

20 Replies
Last post July 13, 2014, 08:01:09 AM
by BarbH
xx
Beach clubs

Started by TJ on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 07:45:37 PM
by kalkanbabe
xx
BEACH CLUBS

Started by lradders on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 07:00:27 PM
by KalkanPosh

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal