Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: mosquitos.....zzzzzzzzz!  (Read 16697 times)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: mosquitos.....zzzzzzzzz!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 09:15:56 AM »
I have just ordered some Skin so Soft as I find it works for me although I do  roll on a few streaks of ant-mossie from Boots around the feet, back of the neck and elbows.

I do however manage to get a few olive fly bites even end of June >:(

Saying that it could be the mossie no longer like OLD BLOOD :)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 10:17:10 AM »
K4E - if you're being bitten at the market, I would have thought it was unlikely to be Mossies, as I always thought they spent the day in the stagnant water, as they don't like the searing heat of the day, and then come out in the evening?

The bites at the market are probably some other insect - obviously one that likes A+  ;D

And, apparently, mossies don't like the colour green.

Hence I suspect they will not support wind turbines  :D
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
I have been rehearsing in London for Kalkan - with regard to mozzies.   A month or so ago I had a bite on my ankle that eventually needed a course of antibiotics.   I now have two bites on my face, including an unattractive lump on my forehead.   I am already on my one antihistamine a day regime or the latest bites might be even worse.

Obviously things like to bite me even in England.  I have a large supply of things containing 50% deet in my suitcase.   Also lots of things to put on the bites when they happen.   Am I a pessimist or just a realist?

Or perhaps I should pay Blue Lizard to be my personal bodyguard against mosquitos and other biting things?  What is your going rate Blue Lizard?

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
I too live in London and got three  large bites the other night. All my mossie stuff is packed ready for our holiday in 3 weeks!!!

I seem to get bitten more over here than in Kalkan, must be because we pay more attention to prevent them when on holiday. Luckily the bites went down in a couple of days...had to get the mossie roll on back out of the case!!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »
 Tortoise Lady... My ninja wazzling of insect skills are to much in demand by Mrs L sadly!!....

ever noticed if you try to approach a jumping spider from behind with an intent to squish they still know your there??? ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
Spraying tonight again.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Lola1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »
I hate to tempt fate so I hope my theory is correct but as a long term victim of bites and having had antibiotics for lumps, bumps and nasty infections over the years I now take a  vitamin B6 capsule and a Garlic capsule before heading out for the evening as well as spraying legs, ankles and arms. I have to say that I've noticed a big difference. They don't like the taste, so I'm told. How they find this out without trying, I don't know. Maybe it's the smell. I also leave the cap of f the B6 tub in the bedroom at night as it gives off a rather Marmitey smell which I hope acts as a deterrent. I'm a Marmite lover anyway, so am happy to live with it!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »
Just read some interesting facts On Yahoo about skeeters and why they bite some people but not others .....
1)1 in 5 people are a prime target for a skeeter munching
2)They are attracted to microbes that live on the skin...each human has aprox 1 trillion of these but it is only certain ones that attract
3)They are also attracted to CO2 gases given off by humans and can home in from 50 yards away :o,Adults are larger and give off more CO2 than children this is why they get bit more than kids.
4)Sweaty exercise is attractive to skeeters and can attract them to you
5)only 2 things have proven effect on skeeter bites..repellent with Deet and  also Antihistamine

upshot is if you are fat and smelly you are a skeeter picnic waiting to happen because you are very attractive to the little blighters.....i take heart in the fact that somewhere a little skeeter finds me the bug equivalent of Brad Pitt ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 10:41:13 AM »
hilarious :laugh: :laugh:
I must be fat and smelly because in the absence of Deet they will home in on me!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »
Whilst sitting in Moonlight one afternoon in June, watching Yalcin making a gentleman shoes out of beer mats, I heard the said Gentleman's wife telling someone that she didn't bother with repellant, if she got bitten, she put toothpaste on the bite overnight and by morning it was gone. So when I did get a bite, I tried it and it worked!! You have to put it on before you have scratched and made it bleed though....

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »
Helshe......I'm not sure what made me laugh more......the thought of someone with beer mat shoes....why?? Or the thought of me covered with toothpaste! Fortunately the local repellents seems to work well!

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
Whilst sitting in Moonlight one afternoon in June, watching Yalcin making a gentleman shoes out of beer mats, I heard the said Gentleman's wife telling someone that she didn't bother with repellant, if she got bitten, she put toothpaste on the bite overnight and by morning it was gone. So when I did get a bite, I tried it and it worked!! You have to put it on before you have scratched and made it bleed though....

It doesn't work with Oral-B 1-2-3 toothpaste, I tried it last night. Tonight Colgate sensitive.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »
Maybe it should be SR........(skeeter remedy) 8)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
Maybe you could dab a bit of listerine or plaxx on your erogenous zones to enhance the treatment!  ???
My OH would be happy with the perfume savings at the duty free and repel the skeeters at the same time  ;D

Offline Skiddy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »
 - Team, there's noo need to worry about mozzies any more -  I'll be out there this Saturday and I provide bed breakfast and evening meal for every little blighter this side of Siberia, so fear not for yourselves...
I hope I live until I die.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Mosquitos

Started by AlbionFan on General Discussion

24 Replies
Last post July 24, 2012, 04:25:27 AM
by MartynE
xx
mosquitos

Started by michelle from newcastle on General Discussion

30 Replies
Last post May 05, 2013, 10:05:36 AM
by LancashireLass
xx
Mosquitos!!!

Started by Mustafa Raki on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post July 20, 2008, 10:58:52 AM
by Em1
xx
Re: Spraying -mosquitos

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 29, 2013, 07:26:47 PM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal