Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Out of season' in Kalkan...weather etc....5th Nov until 10th Dec...  (Read 45202 times)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: 'Out of season' in Kalkan...weather etc....5th Nov until 10th Dec...
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2013, 04:38:45 AM »
Pattaya - It  really is only the old town that is affected,the harbour is fine and from Moonlight bar upwards it is ok too.The road by the Pirat is not being touched so there will always be access to the harbour level walking or by car.The works in the old town are a pain for us that live here but there sometimes has to be a penalty for living in paradise!!!

Onelove - I too slept like a baby so no idea how much rain we had last night - will investigate shortly,the cats will want their breakfast!

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2013, 06:56:20 AM »

I'm up early watching the Ashes  8)

I'd go back to bed mate....... ;)
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2013, 08:24:31 AM »
Haha pw.  What odds for a 'backs to the wall' draw ???

10:20 and it's lashing it down  :-\
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
By 10:50 the rain had stopped and we had beautiful sunshine again  ;D it's now 12:00 and we still have brilliant sunshine, and it's lovely and warm 8).......

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Loving the updates, thanks for taking time to post.
Beautiful sunny but cold Autumn day here in our part of the UK - in case you're interested :P
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
Thanks Onelove & Amber that makes me feel better .. great having your updates to keep us all going in the uk.
looking forward to being back in kalkan soon.
P :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »
Well today was a proper mixed bag weather wise.....as I've already said it was wet first thing this morning then by 11:00ish the weather had very much improved and we had brilliant sunshine again, things steadily got better from there on and by 13:00 we were (again !) on sunbeds   8) to be honest the sun was in and out behind some, at times very black, clouds. When the clouds cleared, which they did for most of the time, it's was Hot in the direct sun, then by 15:30ish the clouds were back and it looked like that was it, sunbathing wise, for the day, but hey ho the clouds cleared again and it was lovely until just gone 16:00. So all in all not a bad day it had to be said. It's 17:35 now and Still Very mild but the wind is starting to pick up and me thinks we may be in for some more rain later on  :'(

Note to self : must finish the gardening tomorrow  ;)

Onelove.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
Thats Kalkan for you on a winters day!!! Wore my wellies all day and carried around my brolly and mac however........sat outside Adda Patesserie this morning enjoying the sunshine and a lovely coffee.

Its really windy now but on a positive we have electric and water!! The roadworks seem to have slowed down in the old town just a lot of mess and roads you cant use!!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »
If this is Winter.....I want more of it  ;). We have been here just coming up 3 weeks and I have not been out of shorts & t-shirt, day & night....except bedtime  ;D

20:10 and we have lots of (amazing) lighting  :o

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Ha Ha....best you wash your shorts and t shirt they must be minging by now ;D >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
Mmmmmm, good idea BL, I was wondering what it was with all the flies, and there was me thinking it was the wife ;)  ;D  ;)

Up early again @ 05:30 for the Ashes, should not of bothered, don't like watching Pom Bashing  :'(

@ 07:00 this morning it was very overcast & cloudy (or are they the same thing !!!) anyway could not start our walk until the cricket was over @ 09:30, just started walking and the sun came out  8) it stayed with us all the way until we got back just before 10:30 when the clouds re-appeared  :(

Now to get on with finishing the gardening before the football starts  >:D

We had the most Wonderful lighting show last night, very little thunder & No rain, very odd  ???  Whilst we were out walking I bumped into and had a chat to a local I know and the only topic on the agenda was last nights 'Lighting' he told me that the last time it was that spectacular was a few years ago, Wow, we got to see a good one then  :o :o :o

Still Very very mild and the sun is trying its hardest to break through   :P :-* :P

Onelove.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »
The sun was 'in & out' all day.....all in all, not a bad day weather wise. Still mild though  ;)

17:05, 100% cloud cover.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2013, 07:40:35 AM »
What's up Onelove ? Is the weather so bad you can't log on , my breakfast has not been the same without your reports  :(
Lynne

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
Its sunny here this morning so maybe he has gone for a swim or maybe had a stroll around the old town and fell down a hole!!
 I cant tell you how hard it is living in the old town at the moment but we trying to keep our spirits up.They have rigged me up a temporary phone/internet connection so it doesnt seem quite as bad now I have contact with the outside world again and electricity too - we are being spoiled today!!! After the rains we have lots of mess,rubble and mud combined but luckily workers came down by Kaptans yesterday (lots of men with shovels) to try and improve things! Many of the roads are very dangerous to walk on and you take you life in your own hands.A very large hole has been exposed very near me (an old cesspit probably) so together with vast collection of exposed pipes and wires you never know what you might come across.With lack of street lights its best not to go far after dark!!
You can drive down Pirat Hill (will remain untouched) and the back road where Iso Restaurant is at the moment but the back road is due to be ripped up soon.I think virtually every business in the whole of the old town is shut but the road along the harbour is fine just a bit (big bit) dusty.So some restaurants remain open.
So fingers crossed for lots of sunshine,no rain and I hope to see a road builder in my road again very very soon!!!!

Some great pics on KTLN a few days ago.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
Onelove had the audacity to try and help someone and provide a helpful answer.. this  heinous crime led to heavy handed moderation and has  killed off the daily updates and the last bit of banter available...he was in my opinion fully justified in asking whats the point in posting anymore?..(also removed) so sad when someone is only trying to help  ::)..I shall prepare for removal >:D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:11:33 AM by blue lizard »

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
Blue Lizard what did One Love say that was so terrible as I didn't see it

Also why if it was removed was there no mention on here that it had been

I thought that after the last bit of bother that was to be the case

Or once again am I missing something ???

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2013, 01:45:46 PM »
There were a few posts, including mine, also removed as apparently according to the forum rules there should not be any discussion on the transfer section. There was nothing inflammatory at all! :-\

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
That's terrible!! I'm sure when Santa finds out about such dastardly behaviour yours is one chimney he doesn't climb down!!...No onesie for you! ;D >:D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »
I know I am positively evil!  >:D  ::)
But to be honest if I miss out on a onesie then that will be a blessing!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »
I didn't see onelove's post but saw his obvious follow up stating that as his posts had been removed then he would no longer be posting on this forum. Later that post was removed. I posted asking where his post had gone and mine was also removed. Nothing from the administrators to advise that these posts had been removed, they just whip them away. Why can't they do what other forums do and leave the post in place but delete the contents and replace with "this post had been removed"?
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather - 27th July - 10th August

Started by Leigh on Weather

1 Replies
Last post May 19, 2009, 01:42:24 PM
by Vieux con
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 10 - Sept 10th

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Looking for Villa in Town 10th-15th Oct

Started by tonybee on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post August 19, 2014, 08:04:43 AM
by tonybee
xx
SHARE A TRANSFER ON MON 10TH JUNE

Started by shasbas on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 08:53:48 AM
by shasbas

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal