Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stop Complaining Please!!  (Read 8682 times)

Offline stokey brian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Stop Complaining Please!!
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »
My family and I have just spent an idyllic 2 weeks in Kalkan, warm sunshine, clear blue waters, restaurants in abundance, fun & laughter and long lazy days without a care in the world.  So what’s my problem you may ask, my problem is people on this forum complaining about everything from expensive drinks (do you know how much Turkish tax there is on alcohol?), poorly cooked/presented food, inadequate service, the choice of restaurant music, the colour of certain establishments, well I have to say please “get over it, enjoy your holiday”.  These sweet, kind, genteel Turkish people (who, in my opinion would go out of their way to please) are trying to make a living for themselves and their family, (6 months of the year to see them through the winter), trying to satisfy everyone all the time is not easy so please give them a break & stop complaining about such trivia, by all means recommend your favourite restaurant, hotel, boat trip, etc but please don’t criticize something/someone so publicly just because it’s not to your personal liking.  I understand the idea of a forum is to express your views/opinions but when it’s someone’s livelihood you’re affecting with bad comments I find it quite disheartening.  I have many Turkish friends who read our reviews & they get very upset by our criticisms; we’ve sat in restaurants / bars & cringed at some of the things people complain about. Finally, DON’T get me started on Trip Advisor!! Rant over, for now! Happy Holidays!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11460.0

Offline mitch

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: Stop Complaining Please!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:12:21 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly, great post   ;D

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
Good points Stokey Brian.We're there in eighteen days and rest assured we won't be moaning (except maybe about the mossies  ::)). We always have a great time there and take everything as it comes, just really appreciate being fortunate enough to enjoy everything about Kalkan and as you remarked it's kind, friendly people. Bring it on  8)

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »
Great post - reminds me of why we love the place so much - never felt the need to complain about anything. Counting the days already until September :)

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 05:13:42 PM »
Yes it annoys me too when people complain about prices of drinks / meals / wine when visiting Kalkan.  I live in a small village in North Yorkshire and we have lots of pubs in the area and lovely restaurants, but when I compare the service, setting and prices with The BEST restaurant in Kalkan, I grit my teeth and pay the bill as it is usually at least 75% more than what we pay in Kalkan.

I took my lab out walking last night, passed the courtyard of my local restaurant, sun shining, thought why not stop for a cheeky little glass of wine?  Glass arrived (small) reasonably chilled Prosseco, down in 5 sips....£5.

No great view, no hustle and bustle round about.....

Sorry...but for me, the quality, ambience and beauty of Kalkan for the prices they are charging is unbeatable.  If people want better value for money then there are plenty of other resorts in Turkey which also have lovely locations but benefit from perhaps more than the 6 months of trading that Kalkan enjoys from tourism. 

There is a price to pay for most things and you need to establish what your criteria is.  But I have to say, after I have enjoyed the quality and service of food and people in Kalkan, going out in the UK when I get back, is a like a big damp squid!

PS.. We have been coming to Kalkan for nearly 18 years and can remember what we paid for most things, but times have moved on and we still can find nothing to complain about when we come back and soak up the wonders it offers. 

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 05:54:08 PM »
Definitely keep most of our special occasions to celebrate in Kalkan - even if it means waiting for our next visit.  Have almost given up eating out in the UK, fed up of poor service and being ripped off!  Roll on September.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
Good post sir
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
 We have been coming to Kalkan average three times a year for the past eight years, (we bought our villa on the first visit) we still count our lucky stars that we have been privileged to experience the dream.       
  Without doubt you could get cheaper meals, drink, property, (everything!) elsewhere but in our experience of Turkey, nowhere compares to the atmosphere or ambiance, Kalkan is the Turkish equivalent of towns on the the Côte d'Azur and you wouldn't expect "cheap" there!
  If "cheap" is your maxim please feel free to go elsewhere.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 07:29:33 AM »
Quite simply a joy to read...........and I agree 100% with you, no matter what shite is (sometimes) written on EK, Kalkan remains engrained into my heart.....a wonderful place, a place we have decided to spend most of our time from now on. It's been a massive decision to stop work, sell the family home and all the stuff that goes with it but we know we have made the right decision.......Happy Days   ;)  8)  ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »
Quite simply a joy to read...........and I agree 100% with you, no matter what shite is (sometimes) written on EK, Kalkan remains engrained into my heart.....a wonderful place, a place we have decided to spend most of our time from now on. It's been a massive decision to stop work, sell the family home and all the stuff that goes with it but we know we have made the right decision.......Happy Days   ;)  8)  ;)

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 08:37:05 AM »
Only one complaint to make, I am not in Kalkan right now!

Offline Villa B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
Agreed - if you do not like Kalkan as it is - the airport is only 90 minutes away!  :)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »
 Beylihan, you sum it up perfectly

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
Agreed - if you do not like Kalkan as it is - the airport is only 90 minutes away!  :)

Pity it's not 75 minutes!  >:D
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 08:46:26 AM »
If only Nasa would get that dam star trek style transporter working,  we could be there in the blink of an eye, ,  beam me up to Kalkan Scotty!

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
I suppose the people who make complaints on various threads are the same people who whinge in the UK about costs, weather, taxes, crime, politics, football players, celebrities, newspaper articles, immigration, jobs, lack of jobs, family, mothers-in law, mortgages, broadband connections, dogs, cats, slugs in the kitchen, public transport, neighbours, prices of beer, pollution, etc. etc.

Jetting off to Kalkan (again) tomorrow. No one is complaining in my family.  :)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
Baa Baa Baa.....hope all those sheep don't cause problems  ;D ;D

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »
"We are born crying, live complaining."

"The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks."

Off to Kalkan tomorrow. What a drag!  >:D

Offline zola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »
I will stop complaining when the water stops going off for days on end! today it's off yet again in this extreme heat, thats worth a complaint in my eyes!!!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »
Update from KTLN - Seems the water is going off for set times over the next few days

http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/313866-kalkan-water-alert-monday-26th-august-2013

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Consequences of complaining about the building noise

Started by Pauline on Buying A Property & Real Estate

10 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 04:07:19 PM
by Pauline
xx
stop off

Started by johnl on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post October 04, 2008, 10:38:13 PM
by Johnjen
xx
The first stop is..........

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

22 Replies
Last post March 21, 2009, 12:13:45 PM
by JayneyG
xx
One stop shopping

Started by haluk on Buying A Property & Real Estate

10 Replies
Last post July 03, 2008, 07:10:06 PM
by haluk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bezigan Village

Views: 3325
By: frangaz16
Kekova Trip