Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Last night at the Midtown  (Read 1430 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Last night at the Midtown
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:20:19 AM »
Stonking night last night!

Thanks to everyone who came... we really enjoyed it and hopefully you all did too. Sorry we couldn't play more - apart from the fact we had run out of encores  ::), the authorities are very keen on imposing a midnight curfew on live music and we don't want to upset our neighbours (and risk losing the music licence) by going over time.

Of course, it's a bit ironic that we can't play live music after midnight when you can go further down into the town and have RECORDED music blasting out, from various directions, well into the small hours... but we don't make the rules...  >:(

Ah well. See you again Friday, if you're still here... if not, have a safe flight home and we'll see you again soon  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11267.0

Offline Mrgrimsdale

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Last night at the Midtown
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 04:31:22 AM »
Where exactly is this live music bar??
Pitkin

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:00:41 AM »
Midtown Cafe & Bistro is on the ground floor of the Nur Hotel, next to Pasaport Pizza and Akbank and opposite IsBank and Nur Patisserie. does that help?

Offline Mrgrimsdale

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:19:50 AM »
Thanks. Were you a satnav in a former life? I could find it blindfolded now and have a cake and draw some cash out at the same time. Thanks again. Will visit venue to have a listen. Do you have a drummer? I play bongos and congos (Natal).

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »
Hahaha... not sure that satnavs were actually around during my former life ;) (my wife thinks I was probably a sloth, but I have clearly progressed significantly in this present incarnation and now only spend 23 hours a day sleeping, or on non-productive tasks ... apparently ;) ).

Anyway... yes, Baris (who owns the Nur Hotel) is the band's drummer but he also plays congas/bongos and there is a set of congas set up and ready .... we often get people up to jam a bit so you'll be more than welcome!

However - I personally will not be doing my usual Eric Clapped-Out impression for the next few music nights, due to a business trip back to the UK from 8th July to 16th). I think Baris is intending to continue with the Tuesday and Friday music nights in my absence with another guy (possibly the legendary blues guitarist/singer Gerard) but you should probably check the facebook page to make sure before going along:  https://www.facebook.com/MidtownCafeBistro

My next *ahem* "performance" with the band will be on Friday 19th July.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour

Views: 3960
By: irfan
The Girls