Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lasers and Searchlights in the night sky  (Read 5240 times)

Offline jg64

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Lasers and Searchlights in the night sky
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
Here here Christina. I think pro-active action by deeply caring members in telling these owners what we do and what we don't like will pay dividends. We do, after all, pay their wages and fund their livelihoods.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
Yep, totally agree, the searchlight/laser is tacky and pretty pointless anyway; but I suspect the bar owners will realise that eventually, in the same way that so many ill-founded ventures have  been tried in Kalkan before and have ultimately failed, because too few of Kalkan's discerning majority supported them.

That's why - although I don't like it at all - I'm not concerned. It's simple market forces... if the majority don't want it, money will talk in the end.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
Here here Christina. I think pro-active action by deeply caring members in telling these owners what we do and what we don't like will pay dividends. We do, after all, pay their wages and fund their livelihoods.

I think you should have been around in the time of the British Empire...tell those bloody foreigners what to do in their country....

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »
Isn't it funny how foreigners(us) in Turkey like to try to dictate what should or shouldn't happen in Kalkan. I expect, when Kalkan was just a tiny fishing village, there were plenty of Turks in the village that hated the invasion of, mainly British, occupiers completely changing their way of life. Some felt the benefits, others would have been pushed aside. Also, since many restaurant workers use these places after work, who is to say they shouldn't be free to have an option to fequent such places in their own town. I guess if you don't like the changes you can always move on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:30:06 AM by chickengeorge »

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »
Isn't funny how foreigners(us) in Turkey like to try to dictate what should or shouldn't happen in Kalkan. I expect, when Kalkan was just a tiny fishing village, there were plenty of Turks in the village that hated the invasion of, mainly British, occupiers completely changing their way of life. Some felt the benefits, others would have been pushed aside. Also, since many restaurant workers use these places after work, who is to say they shouldn't be free to have an option to fequent such places in their own town. I guess if you don't like the changes you can always move on.

Excellent post. Couldn't put it better myself!

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
Doesn't anyone else remember the Lasers in the Kalkan night sky back in 2006? İf you stand still long enough, things come around again don't they? Didn't signal doom for Kalkan back then and suspect it doesn't now. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Searchlights Over Kalkan

Started by caradog on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post October 10, 2015, 11:40:18 PM
by Kalkan regular
question
Barbeque night at The Regency Hotel or Turkish Night at the Likya hotel

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 10:52:27 AM
by tonik1945
xx
Last night.....

Started by Babs on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post April 06, 2012, 05:11:45 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
recycled
Turkish Night

Started by jujus on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 12:55:09 PM
by jujus

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal