Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Info on Patara :-)  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Info on Patara :-)
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
Evening all,

Hope everyone is well? Sorry to keep asking so many questions, however I could do with some help and info on Patara. I know we can get there via dolmus so that is fine but I'm just wondering where the dolmus drops you off? Is it near where we can hire sunbeds etc? We want to have a lunch there and have seen posts mentioning 'locantas' are these restaurants on the beach or in the town? Ive seen that the town is about 25 mins away from the beach and I'm just unsure about where to eat etc?

We really want to go but I feel a bit daunted as I don't know where things are, what to do etc.

Thank you x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11001.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Info on Patara :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
When you go to Patara the dolmus normally drops you off at the beach  car park ..it is a 5 min walk along the wooden path to the  beach, you will see the thatched roof cafe and shop next to it where you hire parasols and recliners. beach staff will take you to your spot of choice and put your parasol up( we seem to get the smallest lad and go the farest away! ;D ) , if you pay for  return Dolmus the drop off is also where it picks you up from, however if you only pay one way as we do it gives you chance to pop into the village..by the toilet/ drop off point is also a local dolmus which goes into patara village(20 mins flat walk which we have done several times) however if you are hot and sweaty the bus is better!!also taxis go from here (ask price first should be 7/8 but no more than 10tl) we normally hop out at "jimmys harrods" which you will see on the way down to the beach as it on the right hand side of the main road  ...jimmy is larger than life and always finds me a cold one!(or two) just around the corner is the road into the village .......in the village center is a bus station (not like a proper one! wooden cabin with benches outside ) the last bus used to leave at 5.30 pm for kalkan so we used to leave beach about 2.30 to allow us a couple of hours snacking and drinking..but i would check on bus times as it is erratic..that said it adds to the adventure! it is a simple village with nice people and a smile will get you a long way ..but take your mozzie spray and cover yourself when you can ..a marshy swamp is at the rear of the village and critters that live in it bite!! ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:32:27 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
The dolmus drops you off in a little carpark literally seconds walk from the edge of the beach. There's a wooden decking walkway leading onto the beach and you can hire loungers and umbrellas when you arrive on the main part of the beach. There's a large beach cafe directly on the beach and there are loos/showers there too. We  like the cafe and always have lunch there but my boyfriend does seem to have a problem with wasps every time we go! The menu is fairly basic but quite long for a beach cafe - lots of salads, toasties, burgers, fries etc. Patara village itself does have some lokantas but they're a bit of a trek from the actual beach. I'll be back there next week, can't wait!

Hope this helps   :)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »
Thank you Blue Lizard & JenJen. How long is the dolmus ride from Kalkan? We are staying in Kalamar bay so will have to get the little dolmus from there to town. It will be the day of the dolmus! Do the dolmus have signs in them saying where they are going? When we get on to go into Patara village, will we know its going there? Or do we have to say?

Blue Lizard would you say the food etc is better in Patara itself? Could you recommend anywhere, is Jimmys Harrods a bar or restaurant?

Also, as Patara beach is part of the National Park, is there an entry fee? And how much are the beds, umbrellas etc?

Thank you again. Sorry for the Spanish inquisition!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »
The dolmus takes about 15 minutes, so not long at all. We always get it from the stand in the town opposite the taxi rank but you can also get it from the bus station. You pay for your ticket, which includes entrance to the beach and ruins, and state what time you want to come home. I think the buses are every 30 or 60 minutes depending on the time of day. They put two buses on in one time slot if it's a busy day.

Sometimes the buses have signs on them but even if they don't, the man on the desk will shout out when the Patara bus is there. The dolmus goes straight to Patara and everyone gets off in the same place but if you wanted to get off earlier in Patara village, just tell the driver and he'll let you off.

I can't remember how much umbrellas and loungers are but no more expensive than other beaches :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »
you pay an entrance into the park when you are on the bus....man gets in for money,it changes ever year so don't know this year...parasols were 2 Tl and seats were 8TL if i remember correctly..but again it will have gone up no doubt
jimmys is a snack bar that sells beer and drinks ..also bags,  shirts ,shorts ,fags, food etc..if you ask for a dead armadillo he will probably get you one!!! ;D
As you go down the little slope into the village Tlos is on the left..Osman can cook!(but no alcohol as strict muslim laws are in his wifes family) ...in the town square is Aspendos (osmans brother) ..more simpler lokanta style  but excellent taste and value.

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Amazing! Thank you so much for your help. Feel a little more organised. So so excited! Thank you again.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 08:18:04 PM »
Can highly recommend Aspendos - the food is wonderful and you can also get a large cold beer!

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »
The dolmus booth opp the taxi rank is not open yet. That means a trek to the bus station. Hoping it will open this week-end.

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
Thanks Sandancer, I don't suppose you know if the dolmus from Kalamar to Kalkan is running yet? Thank you again.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Info needed on Patara Prince Hotel

Started by louise1707 on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 02:30:27 PM
by Legionaire
xx
Info about EK.

Started by onelove on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post October 21, 2011, 06:15:45 PM
by hobbo
recycled
INFO ON KALKAN PLEASE

Started by spicyjules on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 09:15:28 AM
by spicyjules
xx
looking for telephone info

Started by hel66 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post February 02, 2011, 07:11:38 PM
by hel66

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal