Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Newbie  (Read 1501 times)

Offline andy c

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kalkan Newbie
« on: May 14, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »
Hi, my wife and I are coming to Kalkan for the first time this summer. We will be staying at Fidanka houses. Can anyone advise me on the exact location of this property and how long it would take to walk at a leisurely pace to and from the centre of Kalkan or how much it would cost in a taxi. We are both fit and healthy. Also we like to take things nice and easy and find things as we go along. I've noticed on the forum a lot of people booking things in advance. Would we have to do this for the boat trips or can we do things ad-hoc. We will have a car for the two weeks so any advice or ideas on where to go would be welcome. Really looking forward to discovering Kalkan and its area, cant wait!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10996.0

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Kalkan Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
Hi Andy + OH.
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you aboard.
I don't know Fidanka House myself, but lots of good reviews on TA.
One says this:

"The hotel is in Kisla, which is a 25 min walk, 5 min taxi ride or 10 min boat journey from Kalkan - still on the coast, but in a residential rather than town centre location. We liked this, as it was quiet and relaxing - plus we chilled out by the hotel pool or at the Kalkan Beach Club most days, which is also in Kisla and has a small pebble beach, which most of the other beach clubs don't. The Kalkan Beach Club also runs a shuttle boat from the beach at Kisla to Kalkan harbour, with the last one at about 8pm each night. This was much more cost-effective than getting a taxi into town."

Hope that helps, but I'm sure another member will be along soon to share their own knowledge of the place.
B

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
Hi Andy
you don't need to book in advance really, I have found that you can just wander about and see what you fancy doing when you are there. Generally you can book trips a day ahead but it might depend when you are visiting, I tend to not go in July and August.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Welcome to the Forum
This is a link to KTLN which shows where the hotel is- http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-area-map-
It is quite a way out so you will be glad of the car to do your shopping, although "Bob's" is quite close. (small supermarket and snacks).
You have beautiful views from that side of the bay.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »
Welcome andy c, you are so lucky to be coming to Kalkan or the first time.....hope you have great holiday. Fidanka is a lovely quirky looking hotel - we've only ever been in for a drink, but other members have stayed there so type it into the search facility for more information. Lovely views over Patara Prince to the harbour and you will get sun late into the early evening. It is walkable but the new service road hasn't been surfaced yet so it's an uneven dusty walk.....try it out during the day and take a torch if you intend to walk it at night. Bit of a steep climb away from Patara Prince on the return journey but excellent for burning off your holiday calories :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan Newbie

Started by Kalkan Sam on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post April 22, 2013, 05:27:32 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Another Newbie to Kalkan

Started by lastlaststar on Introduce Yourself

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2014, 02:28:25 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Yet more questions from a Kalkan newbie

Started by amberpop on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post August 19, 2012, 09:06:44 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Newbie thinking of visiting Kalkan concerned about Dogs nuisance?

Started by tonyp on Introduce Yourself

12 Replies
Last post November 24, 2010, 10:42:31 PM
by AllanChris

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gocek

Views: 3549
By: jofoss
Alex