Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: Samira Hotel and Apartments 2013  (Read 26290 times)

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Samira Hotel and Apartments 2013
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:56 AM »
I have stayed at all three Samiras, the hotel in question about eight times, but last summer was the final visit. I am afraid the owners' misperception of what holidaymakers are looking for plus the inevitable noise, dust etc of the tiling (and if that's been completed), then the clear up after all the building work will, together with the also inevitable new noise levels generated by the newly installed entertainments hi-de-hi manager (a person who loves dragging quiet poolside guests from their sunbeds and creating noise mayhem throughout the day with mindless games for flattered middle aged women) will spell the death knell for the hotel, for relaxation seekers such as myself anyway. But don't take my word for it. You already have the evidence of the photographs. Now read some recent reviews from Tripadvisor guests saddened at the fall In standards to Butlinesque level. Of course there will be positive reviews as well, but these are from people who either have few standards or like taking part in these games, or like propping up the bar until 2:30 to 3:00am getting progressively drunk and equitably louder along with the music (I have had many sleepless nights here because of this).

Never again will I dirty the doorstep of the Samira. It, like so many other hotels in other resorts has fallen from favour because it has gone seriously downmarket in an attempt to cater for the mass Brit populous. I just hope your holidays aren't too tainted and that if they are, you vote with your feet and find, quieter, peaceful, altogether more beautiful Turkish alternatives next time.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297964-d302360-Reviews-Samira_Hotel-Kalkan_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html#REVIEWS

Owner, holidaymaker and Kalkan lover

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 06:50:10 AM »
By the way, 14% of the Tripadvisor reviews are either average, poor or terrible and it would pay to read some of the average as well. After this season, it will be interesting to do a recount on the proportionate stats. I bet its much higher. PS, owners of the top top flats directly overlooking the new pool area regularly hold barbecues throughout the day and the wind always took the smoke directly over the grassed area where the chickens were. Something else to consider.

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 07:51:41 AM »
We stayed at the Samira last May for 3 weeks and there was no sign of the dreaded "entertainments manager" nor much late night noise from the bar.  I am hoping that as we will be there at the very beginning of the season that it will be the same this year.  I will post a report when we arrive.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 11:02:59 AM »
And Bazza1970 you may have knickers,bras & lord knows what else dropping on you from the 'holiday fun' apartment next door.

On a serious note though,guests are supposed to be arriving at end of April.Be interesting to know how these guests booked.I can't find the Kalkan Dream marketed anywhere yet.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
Just realised.They are going to be Russians!

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »
Well we all know how the Russians systematically ruined Cyprus and all its major resorts so I suppose it will be karma for locals's greed when the economy collapses. Around ten years I'd say!

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 12:15:45 PM »
Lighten up Bazza.I think you need a holiday.

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2013, 12:52:58 PM »
I've having several this year, thank you - and organising many decent people to come to visit my accommodation in Kalkan also.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
Its being so cheerful that keeps Bazza going!

Offline michelle from newcastle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
im scared now !!  ???  sandancer please do a review asap as i go there the end of may. dont want my 1st visit in kalkan spoilt x
Michelle x

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
People don't like me on this forum because they believe I'm negative. However, all I stand guilty of is being brutally honest. If you look at my Thank You count, you'll see it stands at around 20%, one of the highest if not the highest percentage of all forum members. Hopefully, Michelle, your holiday will be wonderful and you will have a brilliant time.

There is so much more to do in Kalkan than lay around a pool and if the Samira is too rowdy for you, there is nothing to stop you visiting any of the many other hotel pools so long as you buy drinks behind their bars - most will be accommodating.

Wishing you a very happy holiday in paradise.

Bazza

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 09:46:41 PM »
Michelle

Don't worry,u will have a great time.We have stayed at the Samira a number of times & never had a problem.The management/ownership hasn't changed so should be as good as ever.Bazza1970 seems to want to drive people away so he has Kalkan all to himself.I think his surname is Meldrew. 

Offline michelle from newcastle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »
he he , no he can have his opinion, honest i dont mind & If he is right, if the samira is too rowdy i can always go & sunbathe at his accomodation ha ha.
 im sure there will be other places to sunbathe though & we will be doing trips etc too.  Im very easy going though so sure i will find a nice place to lounge if it is a bit "butlins" as some say might not be like this may/june.
back excited now (well apart from jumping spiders) but thats in another post !! x

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »
Michelle
Trust me, you will be delighted.Its not a bit like Butlins.We are in Kalkan at the end of May so I'll look out for someone with a big smile on their face (and a geordie accent).

John

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 06:30:09 AM »
Being a Kalkan local I have watched with interest the split of the old Samira Hotel in the town into 2 hotels over the winter.As soon as they are officially open I will go inside and have a proper look around and see if I can spot the "entertainment manager".Will report back!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 07:12:44 AM »
If it gets too noisy around the pool you can always go down to the town beach Michelle it is lovely down there (altho you do need some beach shoes) and the sea is very shallow at the start if like me you are not a great swimmer. I am sure it will be fine we stayed at the samira couple of years ago - no entertainer then tho and it was nice - whatever you will love kalkan anyway so just enjoy.

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »
Totally agree Chrissy. Do the other forum members on here quick to have a go at me also think that Tonik1945 is lying or being a whinger!? See his post from last July. Admitted, Mr Butlins may not be around in May but he sure is a comin in the high season!

Cock-a-doodle-do!!!!!

tonik1945
EnjoyKalkan Regular

My Thankyou Count: 6
Click to Say Thanks

Owner: No
Resident: No

Samira Hotel and apartments noise levels staff behaviour and attitude.
« on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »
PublishQuote
I stayed in this hotel from the 8th-15th July 2012.

On arrival I was greeted with "have you got a man you will find one in Kalkan" Many of the male staff were over familiar especially in calling people darling and getting too close when asking if you "would like a drink". There was also a presumption that guests like to be hugged and touched even when it was obvious this attention was unwarranted. The entertainments manager behaved like this and there was a particularly embarrassing incident when he dragged a women up to take part in audience participation belly dancing. She was motified and he refused to listen to her protestations giving her husband the thumbs up! The family left as soon as possible after this the women nearly in tears.
Noise levels. On the Tuesday and Thursday nights the music level was excessively loud, Adelle etc and was not turned down till midnight. The guests at the hotel did not appear bothered at the effect this might have on others especially as the Samira is on the edge of the residential area. In the morning at 10 am they play "Cock a Doodle Do and Good Morning" in the manner of Hi de Hi and againg very loudly. I feel very sorry for residents and holiday makers in adjacent properties. I met one family staying in an apartment nearby they said they had stayed in the apartment previously but would not stay there again. I am not scaremongering but I would suggest that prospective holiday makers check if their accomodation is near to this hotel and would also suggest that apartment and villa owners advise prospective clients of this problem.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 08:08:58 AM »
Please stop!!!

Jayne

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
Kalkan is wonderful you wont have a problem. I have gone back through quite a lot of reports on trip adviser and most of them are positive. Kalkan just does not attract the rowdies so people want to enjoy themselves. I found myself tutting a couple of times last year and then thought everybody has a different agenda on holiday and enjoy themselves in different ways. Never ever had a bad holiday there. ENJOY!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 10:23:53 AM »
I must say,I have stayed at the Samira hotel several times over the years,and always call in for a beer ( or 5 ) as I got on great with the staff,Jack ( Ali ) was a gem,but 2 seasons back they started sacking the staff and the new ones where a bit grumpy,Ergun as ever was his normal self ,he is a great guy and I am sure if he is running the new hotel it will be great .... I feel a bit sorry for the people staying at the Truffle tho,might get a bit noisy for them if they do start doing the same as is being suggested about the Samira .......  :o
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
samira Hotel/Apartments

Started by Phyllis33 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
by michelle from newcastle
xx
Samira hotel and apartments?

Started by efc_amy on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 12:36:48 PM
by Denners
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by kathrodham on Accommodation and Hotels

24 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
by itstime
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Horses at sunset

Views: 2362
By: headroom
Eagles