Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: Samira Hotel and Apartments 2013  (Read 26292 times)

Offline michelle from newcastle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Re: Samira Hotel and Apartments 2013
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »
Michelle, all building work in Kalkan has to be finished before to season starts at the beginning of May so don't be worried about building noise.

ohh  thats fab news thanks x
Michelle x

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Samira Hotel and Apartments 2013
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 08:51:50 AM »
I posted this a few days ago and I have now remembered that the restaurant is the Kosk. We had some very good meals there. 

Last year they were offering a half board option for £15 pp per nt which included breakfast and dinner at the restaurant just down the hill which is owned by them. Can't remember the name even though we did do the HB option, you have to do a minimum of 3 nights. If you have anymore specific questions I will be happy to help if I can. 

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
And Kosk has also had a big refurb over the winter and looks fabulous.  Look forward to eating there this year.

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »
Well, we thought Kosk was pretty smart last year. Can't wait to try it again.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »
Sandancer not sure if the restaurant itself is having much work done, as you say it is already a very pretty restaurant, but the whole outside of the building, the little shops underneath and the steps that take you down to the next level have all been redone.  Looks very smart.  Will try and find out what is going in the lower level. 

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
Whilst visiting a friends house regularly over the past few weeks I have seen the digging out and building of the new pool.Its right on the far side of their plot,next to Truffle Apartments.The apartments that are in front of the new pool that are having a refurb too - new windows etc.
Any chance of a progress report?  We arrive 1st week in May and it would be nice to know if it will be finished by then. I also wonder if guests of both hotels will be able to use both pools and bars?  That is supposing the Dream hotel will have a bar?

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 09:46:59 PM »
Hi, yes an update on the samira would be good.  Is the kalkan dreams new ? or part of the samira & been done up? just wondering as my 1st visit. im sooooooooooooooo excited xx  ;D

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
My sources tell me that the new pool (where the lovely gardens used to be where they used to keep chickens etc) is very big and almost built. Apparently, the Samira Hotel and Apartments has now been split and the third building at the rear is under new ownership and the pool belongs to that. All you'll really have to contend with is Moomin shouting "Lunchtime!" From 12 till 2 and the new entertainments manager making lots of noise as he commandeers the pool and those trying to have a relaxing sunbathe around it throughout the day. Other than that, the Samira should broadly be the same. Not sure if Volkan is working there this year. Jack was sacked early last season and went to work in Aubergine.
Owner, holidaymaker and Kalkan lover

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 10:00:03 PM »
Thanks for the update Bazza.  Volkan told us he was getting married and was not sure if he'd be back this season.  I know from Mustafa that Ergun will be running the new hotel so interesting to see who will be the front of house manager this year.  Was Jack a barman, I can't place him?  I am hoping the entertainments manager will not start working until June so we will have a more peaceful time in May LOL.

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Thanks.  Not sure what I think about the entertainment manager either. We r there until the 9th of June so let's hope he comes after that ha ha x  ;D

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 04:24:42 PM »
Anyone know if the building work is finished on the new hotel, Kalkan Dream?

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
Try www.kalkandreamhotel.com if you really want to see the web site.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »
Thanks, I hope those photos were taken some time ago because the swimming pool area is like a building site. I wonder when they are opening.

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Apparently, it is like a building site and although most major building work has been undertaken, the first few months of summer will involve tiling, paving etc. I just hope they don't use angle grinders all day.

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »
Hi. I'm sure the Kalkan Dream Hotel will be ready for the new season. The Turkish workmen work so hard. I have seen as many as 27 men working on one Villa just to be ready for the finish date that was promised.
I looked at the Hotel website and I think it will be a great and central place to stay. (As is the Samira Hotel.) The views from the  new pool area are fabulous. L

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »
Illy, I hope you are right. The two hotels are so close that it would be inevitable that guests of the Samira would be affected by building noise, dust etc.  It is less than 2 weeks before we arrive.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 10:25:37 PM »
Well, according to the KTLN report on the last Belidye meeting, all noisy building work was supposed to stop by 15 April.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 11:00:47 PM »
Hi all,

I have been at my place at Truffle for the past three weeks and watched the whole Dream Hotel/Samira building saga next door unfold. For the first week, it was angle-grinders at dawn, the second week workmen were winding up and doing jobs for me in their spare time. Then this week, I was invited by the owner Ergun to have a drink on the Dream Hotel breakfast terrace and survey the wonders of the Dream pool/jacuzzi (see pic attached). It is indeed a sight to behold. I'm told it is the third biggest pool in Kalkan, holds 320,000 litres of water, and takes two weeks to fill. The views from the pool are breathtaking. The work was more or less complete when I left a few days ago, and the first guests are expected at the end of April.

I stayed at the Samira last October, and enjoyed looking out over the grassed area beneath our balcony where chickens and ducks roamed freely. I'm not quite sure what the view from the Samira will be like now that the high wall and the Dream Pool has been built on the land where the chickens once roamed. But I'm sure those of you who have booked either hotel will have a great holiday regardless.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 05:27:16 AM »
Building work should have stopped in Kalkan now and the builders get 2 weeks grace to tidy up! There have been announcements reminding people of this and I am also sure that one hotel (Dream/Samira) will not let its guests be troubled by noise coming from the other!!

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 06:04:49 AM »
Then once the season starts, let's hope that guests aren't subjected to the miseries of a misguided 'animation' team, promoting forced jolity with 'Hi-di-hi' type announcements and jingles booming through a tannoy, loud music blaring round the pool day and night, and daft pool games resulting in banshee-like screeches and unnecessary splashing. Most of us just want to be left in peace to read a book.

I remember about 12 years ago staying at the dreaded Club Xanthos in Kalamar Bay. At the end of the week, guests were going home practically in tears - ashen-faced with stress and tiredness. Every comment in the Visitors Book expressed hatred at the incessant racket day and night at the hotel. We just got the hell out of the place .... And unwittingly discovered Kalkan. :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by kathrodham on Accommodation and Hotels

24 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
by itstime
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie
xx
Samira hotel and apartments?

Started by efc_amy on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 12:36:48 PM
by Denners
xx
samira Hotel/Apartments

Started by Phyllis33 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
by michelle from newcastle

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Hmmmm

Views: 4732
By: misty
villa kismet