Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Charges for legroom seats!  (Read 6185 times)

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Charges for legroom seats!
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
We have just booked our extra legroom seats on our return Thomas Cook flights in September to Dalaman.
I cannot believe they are charging £50 per person return AND a £2 booking fee!!!!
Thats £102 pounds on top of our holiday price!!  :o :o

I''m absolutely gobsmacked...its not like we just want a bit of extra space.
We are both tall, our height means we cannot physically fit into regular seats and, whilst the booking staff are very understanding, thers nothing they can do but charge us.
Its a tax on our height.

I''m used to paying £30 each, but to increase it to £50 each seems like daylight robbery!!

Grumble over...thanks for listening!  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1058.0

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Charges for legroom seats!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
Mrs B, one of the advantages of booking with BA is that you can go online beforehand and book your seats.  That''s exactly what I did before we left for Dalaman and booked the return seats using the the internet cafe in Kalkan.  We got emergency exits seats both ways and no extra charge.  However now that easyjet has taken over the route, doubt I''ll be doing that again! 

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:33:58 PM »
Cheaper to cut your legs off - I should think..!!  ;D ;D (as you say - daylight robbery!! >:D)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
get drunk before you go ...that way you will be legless and exempt from these silly charges!! ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »
That fee for xtra leg room is outrageous, have always found that TC have the least leg room in the first place so the mind boggles as to just how much they will allow you for that fee. When we have travelled with them have always requested where possible the aisle seats to enable us to at least do their leg exercises !!!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:43:28 AM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »
We flew with Thomas Cook to Dalaman earlier this month and were allocated extra legroom seats on the way back without requesting them and at no extra cost. Great for my husband who is over 6'' but I''m only 5''1".

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »
if you were a midget would they deduct something off the price because you don''t need much leg room? i doubt it!! >:D

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
Thanks for the replies...its great to have understanding ears ready to listen to my rant!

Tatilde...we have sat next to people before who have been given the legroom seats, at no extra charge, at checkin.
Sometimes they''''ve even offered to change seats with us to allow us more comfort.
On one occassion we were charged the extra fee for pre booking, then one of us ended up in the seat next to the emergency exit with the huge bulk of the emergency slide restricting our legroom.
I was told today that they no longer class that seat as a legroom seat, so wont charge extra for it, but i''''ll believe that when i see it!

blue lizard...a few brandies will be consumed to steady the nerves!

Charlie...in the olden days i used to turn up at checkin an hour before everyone else to get legroom seats, but the stress of ''''anticipating'''' a seat would spoil my hols...and has seen me run the full length of an airport to be the first to check in on return flights!  :D
Theres always the possibility that all the legroom seats have been prebooked, so its a hit and miss game these days, even when we are paying for them.

On a return flight from Jersey in 2004 i couldnt prebook legroom seats, and turned up at checkin before anyone else to ask for legroom because of my height.
The woman on checkin told me i couldnt ''''demand'''' seats.
I informed her that because of my height i couldnt sit in a regular seat  a) without having some discomfort, b) i''''m unable to get into the ''''brace'''' position and c) i''''m at risk from DVT due to having my knees squished into the back of someones seat.
She told me if i couldnt sit into a regular seat then i couldnt fly with them, i was effectively telling her i had a disability!
The manager ''''found'''' me a seat with extra legroom and appologised.

P.S... i really do like being tall, honest...its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages!!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:53:50 PM by Mrs B »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »
i wish i was taller..that bunch of juicy grapes are always just out of my reach!! :-*

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »
I''ve not got a problem with leg room being a short ar*e - but definately noticed the seats are getting narrower  ;)  - but then my washing machine is shrinking all my clothes too!!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:28:51 PM »
I''ve been forking out for extra leg room seats for the past 5 years now after being pinned into my seat by an extremely unpleasant woman (who incidentally was sitting in an extra leg room seat herself) would not move her seat up even just a little bit.  I asked her politely enough if she wouldn''t mind just moving it back up slightly and even asked a cabin crew member to ask her but was told it was nothing to do with her!  I was stuck in my seat all the way from Dalaman to Birmingham unable to move at all and in extreme agony.  I was lucky that it was a night flight and the people sitting next to me slept all the way as if they had needed to get up they would have been out of luck!  I was only able to move once we were due to land and she HAD to put her seat back up.  I could hardly walk when I got off that plane, I had a deep groove in my knees where they had been pinned to the metal bar of the seat pocket and everyone was commenting on how bad my legs looked as they were so swollen I couldn''t even do the velcro straps up properly on my sandals!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »
TC and Thomson both have a seat pitch of 26" - which unless anyone knows better is the smallest of all the charters flying into Kalkan.

Regards

Alan   

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »
it''s hard going through life with Ronnie Corbett as your hero...but sometimes being short helps!! ;D ;D

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 07:20:25 PM »
But I thought you had a long scaly body...but then again - short legs (and a long tail..) but still short enough to fit in those seats!  LOL!  ;D ;D

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 11:09:03 PM »
Thanks for the comments...and the laughs! ;)
And, by the sounds of it, we''re not the only ones who have trouble with these ridiculously small seat spaces.
My Uncle Herbie set one of those ''petition me'' things up on this subject last year, and i know the Tall Persons Club (yep, there is such a thing!!) regularly petition for extra legroom on all flights, in all seats.
Buuuut, it cost the airlines lots of money to reduce the amount of seats on its planes, so i can''t see it happening any day soon. :(
Ahhhh well, i''ve calmed down now...and i''m sure i''ll have forgotten all about it by September!!! ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Taxis with Car Seats

Started by Blueboy1 on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post July 02, 2018, 09:04:39 PM
by Blueboy1
xx
Thomas Cook pre-booked seats.

Started by clara 50 on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post August 16, 2010, 05:37:36 PM
by clara 50
xx
Two spare seats for Cappadocia trip

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 06:29:56 PM
by Wendy
xx
For Sale 3 seats flight from Newcastle to Dalaman

Started by MrsHop on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 07:59:07 PM
by MrsHop

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3125
By: tramline
flowers