Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Thomas Cook pre-booked seats.  (Read 9359 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Thomas Cook pre-booked seats.
« on: July 28, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »
Just booked flights for August with Thomas Cook and payed for an extras package which includes sitting together. We were then sent an email informing us that we could pre-book our seats but had to pay for them. We flew with them at the beginning of July and were sent the same email about pre-booking seats but we were charged nothing then, so they seem to have changed their policy in a matter of weeks. Wondered if anyone else had noticed this change which appears to have happened in the last month.  ???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6040.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: Thomas Cook pre-booked seats.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
I flew with TC in june with three friends,we had the same package,meal,luggage and sitting together,and had the option to pre book seats which was £20 each I think,they will try anything now just to sting you for more money !
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »
No charge to book seats if you do it online (unless you want extra leg room, £30 each), £7.50 to book seats through the call centre.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
That's what the case was in June Charlie but when we tried to book seats yesterday via email link on the internet they were trying to charge us £7.50 each, each way and also said that you'd incur a charge if you booked over the phone, that's of course if you ever manage to get through LOL. This is what was a bit confusing having not paid anything at all just over a month ago. Wondered initially whether we had them for free in June/July because we only pre-booked the seats just over a week before and there was quite limited choice. This time looked at the seating plan and there are hardly any seats booked apart from the extra leg room ones. You're right Fidimax these days the airlines sting you for everything. They'll be charging to use the loo's next ::)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
I've received the link to pre-book our seats too and yes, they want £7.50 per person, but as far as I was aware they have been charging a long time for this. 
We had a large group booking with them at the end of May and didn't get free pre-booked seats and we also flew with them for a weekend in June and those pre-bookable seats weren't free either.  :(   >:(

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
We have booked premium seating but still would need to pay £7.50 per person per flight for seats together and this has been the case since we booked in March, however we can do online check-in from Sunday so wonder if the seats then become free to book at that point?! ::)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »
Yes ScotsinKalkan you might have got a point. When we flew in June we received an email asking if we wanted to choose seats when we reconfirmed our booking online a week before flying so we booked them at no extra cost. We had already paid to sit together, food etc, but decided it would be nice to pick which part of the plane we'd prefer especially if it was for nothing Lol!  We hadn't realised that you could choose seats when we've flown TC previously but saying that we've never reconfirmed flights before. Just curious now really why this time they were charging when only a few weeks before they weren't. Think we'll leave it until a week before like last time and see what happens and take pot luck. Not really that bothered where we sit just as long as it gets us to Turkey so we can have another fantastic holiday in Kalkan. 8) Cheers!

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »
Just gone through seat selection yesterday for our flight in September and no mention of extra charges.  We booked a package with luggage and meals included.  Just checked and seats are confirmed and the price charged says 0.00 for each seat.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »
Yes Clashglour that's what happened to us last time. We've booked exactly the same package this time and that's why we were surprised they were trying to charge us now, it's all a bit confusing ???, think we'll leave it a while and try again, you never know. Thanks!!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »
Just thought I'd add this to my original posting, thought I'd pass on some advice to anyone booking with Thomas Cook and wishing to select the seats you want on the plane. As I mentioned previously although there was no charge when we flew in June, now online they were trying to charge thirty pounds for us both. Today decided to give them a ring and enquire about this just out of curiosity and they then informed us there was no charge and they booked them there and then, great  ;D. So it was well worth a short phonecall to save us some hard earned cash. After all these days every penny counts. Hope this bit of info will save someone else on here a few quid, just get on the blower. Cheers!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Thomas Cook again!

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 05:40:25 PM
by Tatilde
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by taurus on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 16, 2014, 02:57:46 PM
by samson
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by Pompeyalbie on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post December 05, 2018, 12:12:26 AM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by misty on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post June 26, 2010, 10:31:41 AM
by Tatilde

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views: 4706
By: friends
Efes Factory - Nice!

Views: 3215