Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: WOW WOW WOW!!!  (Read 7235 times)

Offline davemthomas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
WOW WOW WOW!!!
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
My family and i have just returned from Kalkan and all i can say is as my title WOW!! We picked up a great offer through a company called Simpson Travel a little at the end of the season but we were not dissapointed. We stayed up in the mountains in a fabulous villa in Islamlar just 10 minutes hairy drive from Kalkan centre. I cant emphasis how accommodating all of the Turkish folk were nestled a stones throw away from their natural surroundings in a luxurious villa. We visited Kaputas & Patara Beaches ( the second being a huge favorite with the kids) and spent time seeing all of the towns around like Fetiyhe & Kas (great on market day). Although some of the restaurants and trips closed (Saklikent Gorge due to heavy rains the day before we wanted to go) we still managed to visit Moussaka Restaurant which was simply great but Hunkar Ocakbasi a traditional grill shop was the best!! Value for money but traditional Kebaps etc just lovely....I would just like to extend gratitude to all Kalkans for making our stay so fab...We will see you next year.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10560.0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:23:53 PM by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: WOW WOW WOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
Lovely report but beware....Kalkan can become adictive.

Offline fitchickkaz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
Isn't it just? we visited for the 3rd year running in Aug with friends for whom it was their first visit and they too are hooked Nd wish to return with us next summer.
 ;D ;D

Offline christian65

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
Kalkan is a great place for visitors and I think if you can enjoy your vacations, you can try a new places for your holidays and vacations. Kalkan is the best place for you where you can really enjoy.   

Offline frangaz16

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »
I shall be returning to Kalkan for the fourth time in three years. It is addictive, very addictive. The place is simply stunning. I shall be visiting this time with my new partner who has never been to Kalkan. We have hired a car from the airport and are looking forward to seeing as much of the traditional Turkey as we can find on our travels.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »
I couldn't agree more! We are returning the last week of August for seventeen nights, it will be our tenth visit in six years so we've stayed there a total of  one hundred and nineteen blissful nights already. Once you get the bug that's it, might as well concede defeat lol! Glad you had a great time and I'm certain if it's at all possible you'll deffo be back.

Offline jackiebo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Getting about
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »

Sounds really great, My wife & I are Kalkan bound for the first time in September. The reports we have read are fantastic but I am a little worried about getting about. We are O.A.P. s & not that mobile although not entirely static. We note that there are plenty of steps & inclines to negotiate & we wonder how it will effect us. Is the local transport frequent enough for us to really enjoy Kalkan ?.  Can manage the downhill parts but can we get back ?. :-\

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »
I'm sure restaurants down in the harbour would be able to arrange for a taxi to take you back uphill......someone will be along soon to reassure you.....where are you staying? From some areas the walk into the town is quite flat.

Offline jackiebo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
We are staying at 'The Happy Hotel' , not quite sure where in Kalkan that is.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »
The Happy Hotel is in Kalamar Bay which is approx 20 -30 mins walk from the centre of Kalkan depending on how fit you are. I think the Happy has a shuttle bus but if not, there is a local Dolmus service and taxis.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 09:24:05 PM »
I am not that mobile either but I still go to Kalkan each year. I can just about manget o get to town but always get the taxi back.  Just cannot find another resort like Kalkan.

Offline Derbyshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »
Hi yes happy hotel have a bus 7clock from hotel 10. 30 back to early we have a taxis back 15tl enjoy

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan kittens

Views: 3377
By: saskia
Kalkan Harbour