Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sorry About Delay But We're Here  (Read 5221 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Sorry About Delay But We're Here
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
OH NO!!!!! It will be a disaster of epic proportions if the dress doesn't arrive in time.......oh, I'm putting myself in Janet's shoes, maybe she will be ok about it, whereas I would be camping outside the shop, Harrods Sale Style and be unbearable to live with...Janet on the other hand may need placating with a trinket or two from the store that loves your credit card. ;) or rewarding for not being a wife like me..?
Hope you're reading this Janet :angel:
Enjoy your last night in lovely Kalkan it has been wonderful reading your reports
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 10:06:30 PM »
Ease up K4E, I've already spent a fortune on trinkets this week.
Episode 7 - The Final Day of Pompey
Woke up to an overcast day as Sundancer reported, and like them we headed down to the market where I bought some tea & other bits of tat, Janet bought a nice carpet duffle bag sort of thing for her daughter. I felt a bit peckish after all those aromas & fruit & veg stalls so had a fresh orange juice & a honey & walnut pancake made by the old lady sat on the trailer.
Next we headed off in search or ancient artefacts at Xanthos, I walk around looking a my feet hoping to stumble across something really old. I did find the bottom of a vase or dish today though but don't tell the authorities. Anyone know why I would find sea shells in the theatre area??
Anyway back in town we popped in to the opticians to pick up her prescription sunglasses then went down the Feners for a late lunch. The Russian film crew were still there and the owner was more than happy with there 3 meals a day covers for them all. We made our way back up the hill via the dress shop only to hear the drastic news that the dress will not arrive until Saturday  :0(. I tactically got us back to the car so we avoided both MissSilver shops so got away with it today. I decided I still had time to go down to Atlantis Wellbeing for a Turkish Bath, they've made a few changes in there with decorations etc and the price for the full works has risen to £38, I only had time for the £18 bath which was really relaxing. On our way down to dinner we stopped off at the shed for another shave & head massage, after the TB & a shave I was so relaxed it was heaven. We decided to eat at Escudo as the only other time we'd been was after a boat trip and we'd only had a main. For starter I had  fish cakes with sweet chilli while Janet had cheese pastries. Our mains were  steak in pomegranate sauce while Janet went for the Salmon in Soya sauce. I was tempted by the  Lamb but had already had lamb at Adam's and wanted something different. Both our meals were very nice although the sauces were very rich. For desert I went Baklava while Janet had a chocolate soufflé.
Whilst up there I had a nagging thought that something was different about the fabulous view, no not that they've extended the roof terrace. I was looking at the lighthouse on the end of the quay and was sure it was red last time we came but tonight it was white. When we got home I had to come on here to check at the top of the page and yes it was red. When did it get a paint job?
I am all but packed ready for tomorrow's departure. We are going out to Adam's for a farewell breakfast, I'm going to try a Turkish breakfast & hope it sees me through until nearly 8pm when we get home. Maybe they'll do us some sandwiches for the journey.
I hope you've enjoyed these ramblings and I've started a trend for the rest of the season.

Offline michelle from newcastle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »
fab,fab,fab  thanks so much for doing them.  such a shame about the dress though. safe journey xx
Michelle x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4319
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Kalkan