Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: transfering money from england to my denizbank bank account in kalkan  (Read 11223 times)

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
Hi
Can anyone help with information on the smoothest and fastest way of transfering regular payments from my english bank account to my turkish one.
  I have tried to look on the denizbank website for help but with no joy ,im reluctant to ring them as it will cost me as much to do so as the money im trying to transfer.
regards kev

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047.0

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: transfering money from england to my denizbank bank account in kalkan
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:22:53 AM »
A couple of years ago I also needed some information/advice from them, on their website then was a place for you to make contact with your enquiry.  I did this and received a reply via e-mail 2 days later, in english and advising me how to deal with my enquiry.   All very helpful. It may be worth a try.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
When we transfered the money to purchase our apartment we did a bank transfer from our UK bank into our Denizbank but it did cost £25.00.  Don''t know if you could set up a sort of standing order from your UK bank account.  It maybe best to contact your bank here as any transfer can be done providing you have Denizbank acc no and their equivalent of a sort code.

We''re thinking of changing to a different bank next time we''re out because of the time that you have to spend when you are in Denizbank.

Hope this helps.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Email Mesut at Deniz bank -mesut.incedayi@denizbank.com (hope this address works as on his card the last i is a turkish i without the dot on)- you will need the swift code and the IBAN number, as well as you account details. The charge will depend on your UK bank,but the transaction will usually take 3 working days.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
Not only do you pay a charge to your bank for transferring the money (A&L have now reduced theirs to £16) but money will also be deducted when it arrives at Deniz Bank. When we transferred money to our builder, it was about £30 short as they''d taken their ''charges''.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Be a mule when you travel out to turkey and take it with you - that''s what we do....probably illegal...but im fed up with the high cost of bank charges and skimming on the rate - when we purchased our villa - Barclays charged us £900 - we argued and got some money back but still it was a helluva lot...they charged a standard rate transmission charge plus a percentage on the amount sent - what a con..!!  >:D >:D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline vicksen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Felicity, this advice is all very well, but anybody considering following it should be aware that any amount of cash (including travellers'' cheques and bankers'' drafts) over 10,000 euros MUST be declared on the correct form BEFORE you leave the UK.

If you don''t fill this form in, and you''re stopped, you could have no end of hassle; HM Revenue & Customs can seize your cash and you''ll then have all the bother of convincing them that you have this money legally, and are not going to use it for any criminal ends.

There is an HMRC leaflet called "carrying cash in & out of the UK, which is available online.
Bear in mind as well that if you are carrying cash, it could be lost or stolen.

None of us likes paying bank charges, but we''d like even less having our cash nicked or confiscated!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Thanks Vicksen - for that advice - I thought you would be able to answer that question - you do seem well versed in all sorts of legalities - I''m well impressed - were you a lawyer in former life.. ??? :o 

10,000 euros is a fair amount of dosh by anybody''s standards - can''t see that ever being necessary to carry such large amounts - but over and above the risk of having it pinched...as long as it''s under that amount - then it is legal to take it...is that what you are saying.....?? ???

Cheers! ;)

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
Thanks all for your help ,ill try to email the bank via the link given ,i only raised the question because im in dispute as many others are with the banks in england for bank charges and thought i should at least try and start a fresh and try and be concious that im doing all i can to transfer my money without lining the banks pockets yet again
regards kev

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
This probably doesn''''t meet Kev''''s need but for large amounts (especially buying your new villa) use a currency broker such as Currency Solutions. This is much much cheaper than the banks, as you get a better rate and no transfer charges. NB I don''''t have any connection with Curency Solution except as a recent customer (I need to transfer money on a fairly regular basis), and currently find them to be the best on both rates and service.

Regards

Alan   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:17:03 AM by alantj »

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »
Can confirm re Vicksens comment, we were stopped at security at Gatwick when OH went through the metal detector frame, in one of his trouser pockets he had a fairly large amount of notes to pay off some of our bills in Kalkan.  We then had to be spoken to by a Supervisor who then had to contact HMRC to check the amount and were we able to continue to take it with us.  After a short period of time they received a call stating we were ok to continue, HRMC having by this time having all our details and checked us out.  We then enquired what was the said amount, to be told it varies from almost day to day, although we didn''t have too much hassle and it didn''t take long to sort out it made us think again and we don''t take things for granted.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
What''s with all the ''''''''''''''''''''s. I had noticed it before on other posts and wondered if it had some hidden meaning - but now i''m doing it as well.
?????????

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
best way to pay money into turkish bank account?

Started by elcee on Money & Finance

2 Replies
Last post October 27, 2009, 05:03:45 PM
by elcee
xx
Transfer of money from uk bank (Halifax) to Deniz Bank

Started by tonik on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2009, 10:51:35 PM
by Possums
xx
Turkish bank account

Started by annie the tourist on Money & Finance

8 Replies
Last post March 18, 2017, 07:46:29 AM
by annie the tourist
xx
Which Turkish Bank Account?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Money & Finance

8 Replies
Last post September 28, 2009, 11:46:54 AM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal