Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sun Loungers  (Read 4266 times)

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Sun Loungers
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »
Can anyone recommend the best type of sun lounger that will withstand plenty of use and not collapse if anyone who weighs more than a feather lies on them.  We have not had much luck with the wooden type as the slats are constantly breaking and needing repair.  Any recommendations please?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10234.0

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: Sun Loungers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
On the same subject we are in Kalkan at the moment and desperately need new covers. Know that when we get them in whatever colour we choose they will fade within weeks next summer  :'(

I know you can get fadeproof covers!!?? but can someone please tell me where and the cost.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:30:14 PM »
Interesting post... what frequency are owners replacing these items.. I have budgeted on replacing sun bed cushions every 2 seasons (we went for a beige that wouldn't fade but would possibly mark and so need replacing) the wooden loungers are probably 6yrs old and at the end of this season I may replace with new (wooden) rather than repair and re-stain..
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »
On a similar topic, I have just been informed by my villa manager that my synthetic rattan terrace furniture has melted over the summer and is now useless.  I havn't seen it myself but will be coming to Kalkan later this month to sort out the problem.
It is white and just two and a half years old ( 3 summers).
Similarly, my 6 bean bags have also disintegrated over a period of 2 summers.
Is this rate of degradation normal.  This could be an expensive exercise but I want my guests to have good facilities on their holidays.
Any suggestions for replacements welcome ???

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
Same problems here!!!

Beanbags only lasted one summer! Definitely wouldn't buy them again.

Rattan roof terrace furniture hasn't melted yet but it's only been 2 summers!! Maybe we have that to come? However the seats and cushions on the furniture, which seem to be a similar material to sunlonger covers but maybe not so thick, have completely disintegrated in the sun. In Kalkan now and have started looking for some other type of material to cover them in. Any suggestions very much welcomed

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »
Re sunbeds, we originally thought about wooden but discounted due to the yearly maintenance of restaining/varnishing also the weight issue for people dragging them around, so we plumped for the white plastic ones (circa 125 TL), they are easily washed they have lasted well, we bought eight 7 years ago and have replaced maybe four during that time. Together with good quality mattresses they are quite attractive too.
  With regard to where to buy mattresses and covers we have found the best place to be the material shop on the right hand side of the road heading out towards Akbel, we recently replaced both them and beanbags and the guy said the material is gauranteed not to fade for three years (we'll see!) he also speaks quite good English which helps enormously as my Turkish is not brilliant to say the least.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »
In 8 years we have only had to replace 4/8 sunbed covers, 2 umbrellas and 2 large awnings on one of our terraces (however, they are kept inside in the winter).  The man on Kalamar Road just next to Kaptan makes custom covers, umbrellas and awnings.  He does a superb job, is on time, is reasonable in cost and has a selection of fabrics.

I have had quite a bad experience with curtains made by the man in the textile shop on the right going to Akbel, but I haven't bought anything ready-made there so cannot comment on that.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
Thank you Headroom and Cosetta.

Both replies really helpful and we shall have a look at both shops.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
SUN LOUNGERS

Started by Possums on Classifieds - Wanted

0 Replies
Last post July 03, 2012, 10:00:44 AM
by Possums
xx
Wooden sun loungers

Started by pattaya on Classifieds - Wanted

3 Replies
Last post June 18, 2012, 04:59:16 PM
by pattaya
xx
Outside storage box for loungers, cushions and pool games

Started by Christina on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 13, 2013, 11:09:42 AM
by Christina

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Elixir Hotel

Views: 4904
By: janeywhit

Views: 4707