Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New to Kalkan, food shopping help please.  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Daylisa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
New to Kalkan, food shopping help please.
« on: August 21, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »
Hi all, we come out to Kalkan for the first time on the 3rd of sept. Its not our first time to turkey but it is our first villa holiday and I've bought it my parents as a present so want it to be perfect.

I was looking for help with a big weekly food shop, BBQ food shopping and so on, are the prices cheaper or the same as UK? Almost forgot beer shopping lol

We have hired a car from the airport so getting about is no problem, when we've been before to turkey the wife and I have seen some amazing markets seeing fresh veg are there any good ones you know of nearby.

Many thanks for any help that you can give.

Damien & Lisa

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10047.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: New to Kalkan, food shopping help please.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum daylisa.....I'm sure you are going to have a brilliant holiday in Kalkan. Thursday is market day in Kalkan and the range of fruit and veg is amazing, there are also a couple of good quality greengrocers in town.
I'll let someone else come along and suggest the best place to do a big shop but you may like to look at a recent thread about food and drink prices as there are some good tips in there.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »
Well I can definitely recommend a trip to the butchers (we used the one close to parc Kalkan) for your BBQ meat. We bought lamb chops, kofte, chicken thighs (skinned and filleted) and chicken sish, enough for 6 people and leftovers for lunch the following day, for approx £20.00. I cant remember the exact price, but I do know that the week after we bought 24 chicken thighs and a pack of kofte (I think about 16 in a pack) for 40TL. We thought it was excellent value for money. You can also get filet steak, cut to your requirements and chicken wings, lamb of various cuts etc. the supermarkets also have a selection of meat, migros looked good but we prefer supporting the butchers.
We bought our veg, fruit and salad stuffs from the green grocers and it was dirt cheap considering it's advertised as organic. I nipped in one day for a lettuce, a couple of tomatoes, a cucumber, bananas and a couple of peaches and it was something like 2TL!!!
We also found that each supermarket was better at some things than others, but we usually visited migros, yali and Kipa express. The one on the harbour across from Aubergine etc was pretty good, although small, but you can buy HP sauce etc from there (for grandma Babs corned beef hash!).
I'm sure you will discover everything you are looking for. If you like ham, you will find its of the chicken variety or more like salami, but still tasty. Have fun  :)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »
For beer I  tend to buy a crate (24 large efes) works out at approx 2.5TL per bottle plus when you take the crate and empties back you get a refund.. ask for the price and shop around but in July 60-64TL for 24 was what I got. (prices do vary !)
near the Kalamar rd roundabout and parc Kalkan there is a  great butchers and green grocers or veg from the market is fab.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Daylisa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 10:58:20 AM »
Thanks everyone, we are here and are at the very highest villa over looking kalkan with a hill behind us with a Turkish flag on it. Beer seems pricey in migros so gonna have a look in Bim later. The weather is as stunning as ever.
Thanks again for your help.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
BIM doesnt sell alcohol.

Offline zola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
A101 also does not sell beers, i would try the kartin or genpa for that,  and for meat, migros or bim, bim is good for chicken but it is frozen. the fruit and veg shop opposite the parc kalkan is good as they weigh everything out so you only pay for what you buy and they open at 7am so you could shop and be home before the heat ramps up!
If it's fish you want, try the ackbel market on a sunday 2 mins from where you are. Happy holidays!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Food shopping!

Started by bex on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post May 13, 2008, 10:18:09 AM
by DRBD
xx
Food shopping

Started by clara48 on General Discussion

26 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 01:51:22 PM
by kalkan4eva
recycled
Food shopping en route from Dalaman airport late evening

Started by jstjdsunshine on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2008, 03:56:41 PM
by Eljhem
recycled
Food shopping en route from Dalaman airport late evening (Read 641 times)

Started by EricAlexander on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 04, 2010, 03:21:08 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal