Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Birthday in Kalkan  (Read 5286 times)

Offline khancock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Birthday in Kalkan
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations of good places to go to celebrate a Birthday whilst in Kalkan?

Thank you,

Kate

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10059.0

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
Re: Birthday in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
Do you mean a birthday meal or for arranging a birthday party? I would think you can take your pick of the great restaurant options for a special meal and if you speak to them beforehand and explain the occasion they can lay on a cake etc. for you.  If you are wanting to hire a venue for a full on bash then someone else will have to offer suggestions because I really don't know.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
Parc Kalkan is very good at organising a party bash.

Offline khancock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »
Just for a Birthday meal - any suggestions for good restaraunts that will make a bit of a fuss?!

Kate

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
I think you'll be spoilt for choice! I had a fantastic surprise birthday meal at kaya restaurant. They were in cahoots with my OH and planned a really memorable night for me. They laid on balloons, flowers, a delicious cake and fireworks to boot. The whole restaurant then sang 'happy birthday' to me. It certainly was a night to remember, but it depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer something more romantic and intimate, I'd probably plump for either a harbour restaurant eg Aubergine, or a rooftop. As has been previously said, any of the restaurants are happy to oblige if you organise it with them beforehand. You could wait until you arrive, then make your desicion. I'm sure you will have a lovely time and don't forget to report back and let us know how it went.  :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
Ha ha, you're the opposite of me! I'll be celebrating my birthday in Kalkan in 2 weeks and want to go somewhere where they WON'T make a fuss!  The thought of a crowd singing happy birthday to me almost brings me out in a rash.  I've had a couple of lovely (low key) birthdays in Kalkan with boyfriend and friends but usually just do dinner and cocktails :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
I know what you mean Jen Jen, although I'm a sociable person and no shrinking violet, I really do get embarrassed and self conscious about being in the limelight. I knew we were going to celebrate my birthday at kaya but had no idea re the added touches!!! If I had, I would have been mortified, but it was a lovely surprise, the thought was there from OH and the kaya boys and to be honest, the atmosphere at kaya is always so friendly and comfortable (and I'd had a few drinks!) that I thought, sod it, just go with it and let your hair down lizilu!!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:54:20 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
It's my birthday on the second day we are out there in October, I've already decided we are going to Adam's. The plan is when we arrive on the Friday to go on round the D400 to book a table before heading back to Kalkan and book in our villa. I love the family atmosphere out there and that country / village style cooking. I've got some vegetable seed for Adam's garden I want to give him.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
I know what you mean Lizilu - I'm always adamant I don't want any fuss but whenever people have made a huge fuss of my birthday as a surprise I've actually been really touched and hugely enjoyed it  ;D

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »
Just checking the Forum before setting off for the airport.  It will be my birthday on Tuesday and I have been having the same thoughts.  Do I book a restaurant that I know and love and tell them its my birthday or do we try somewhere new and go for the quiet romantic meal.  I love the fact that the chaps in Kalkan go overboard and bring out fireworks for birthdays. I like fireworks.  Something for us to discuss on the plane when they hubby can't escape and say he has something to do.  And no he won't have planned a surprise.  Not his style.

Jo

Offline khancock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
Thank you very much for all the recommendations - seems like I am going to be spoilt for choice!! :D

Kate

Offline zola

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 10:35:52 PM »
Have just had a fab 50th birthday party. Had a moonlight cruise, food and party on the sea bella as it holds so many people. Exellant night we had a good old party and it was very reasonable, do some thing a bit different as the weather is so good, if it's a smaller party have a smaller boat! From one Hancock to another.

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »
I had a birthday there a couple of years ago, after a specially made birthday cocktail in Yali bar, had dinner in Doy Doy where i got cake, fireworks and a present from the owner.
When i go next week, it will be my Mum's birthday half way through our stay, she is new to Kalkan, so i have to decide where to take her for the evening.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20...The 'Golden Birthday Tour'

Started by Lizilu20 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

139 Replies
Last post September 06, 2015, 11:05:14 PM
by Mrs M!
xx
Birthday

Started by david stokes on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post June 01, 2016, 10:49:56 AM
by Chris_S
xx
Happy Birthday

Started by Lorretta on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post February 18, 2008, 08:36:19 PM
by Kim
xx
special Birthday

Started by One sheet on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post June 18, 2013, 03:28:44 PM
by clara 50

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal