Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Oscars  (Read 4195 times)

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Oscars
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »
Bought a lovely watch from Oscars when we were in Kalkan in September, unfortunately despite looking beautiful it doesn't keep good time, it's either 10 minutes fast or 5 minutes slow or not working at all!

Has anyone had any problems taking things back to Oscars? I don't want my money back but I would like a watch that works!

Your thoughts experiences would be helpful.

Thank you.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13173.0

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Oscars
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »
Sorry to hear you have a problem.

A number of years ago I bought a Cartier Roadster watch from the Oscar shop at the harbour. Had a problem and took it back in the October of the same year.  He didn't have the same watch but replaced it with another model without a problem. 

My brother in law had a problem with a watch he bought at the same shop when it literally fell apart a short time after buying it.  Proprietor was less than enthusiastic to replace but he was fortunate that it was the summer season and he didn't want a big fuss in front of other potential customers and got to choose something else.

A refund isn't an option.

We haven't returned and take our business to another shop in the village.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:45:05 AM »
I heard somewhere that the two Oscars shops are run by two brothers and are, I believe, unconnected.

Rumours abound that they fell out, but that may just be hearsay!

Remember they are fakes - made god knows where, generally with Chinese copies of a Swatch movement (if a mechanical automatic) or a mass-produced Seiko insides if it's quartz.

I cold say which of the two shops I found more helpful, but I suspect anyone who has visited both will know the answer...
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
Thank you; happy to have a repair or an exchange and would be looking to buy another watch for a friend. Whilst I realise the watches aren't genuine, paying £100 for something that doesn't work isn't great. Bought the watch from the shop in the centre of the old town.

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »
Hi
speaking from experience he will repair it, but it will take a while he basically told me its a copy watch you pay for what you get ..
Good luck

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yildiz 1.JPG

Views: 3032
By: Lindy
Kalkan Tornado 1