Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: janeb on January 18, 2016, 01:35:33 PM

Title: Oscars
Post by: janeb on January 18, 2016, 01:35:33 PM
Bought a lovely watch from Oscars when we were in Kalkan in September, unfortunately despite looking beautiful it doesn't keep good time, it's either 10 minutes fast or 5 minutes slow or not working at all!

Has anyone had any problems taking things back to Oscars? I don't want my money back but I would like a watch that works!

Your thoughts experiences would be helpful.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Oscars
Post by: bankieken on January 18, 2016, 10:24:15 PM
Sorry to hear you have a problem.

A number of years ago I bought a Cartier Roadster watch from the Oscar shop at the harbour. Had a problem and took it back in the October of the same year.  He didn't have the same watch but replaced it with another model without a problem. 

My brother in law had a problem with a watch he bought at the same shop when it literally fell apart a short time after buying it.  Proprietor was less than enthusiastic to replace but he was fortunate that it was the summer season and he didn't want a big fuss in front of other potential customers and got to choose something else.

A refund isn't an option.

We haven't returned and take our business to another shop in the village.
Post by: Chris_S on January 19, 2016, 10:45:05 AM
I heard somewhere that the two Oscars shops are run by two brothers and are, I believe, unconnected.

Rumours abound that they fell out, but that may just be hearsay!

Remember they are fakes - made god knows where, generally with Chinese copies of a Swatch movement (if a mechanical automatic) or a mass-produced Seiko insides if it's quartz.

I cold say which of the two shops I found more helpful, but I suspect anyone who has visited both will know the answer...
Post by: janeb on January 19, 2016, 11:26:23 AM
Thank you; happy to have a repair or an exchange and would be looking to buy another watch for a friend. Whilst I realise the watches aren't genuine, paying £100 for something that doesn't work isn't great. Bought the watch from the shop in the centre of the old town.
Post by: pattaya on January 19, 2016, 07:08:50 PM
Hi
speaking from experience he will repair it, but it will take a while he basically told me its a copy watch you pay for what you get ..
Good luck
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal