Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Contracts  (Read 2217 times)

Offline magic3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Contracts
« on: August 01, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »
Does anyone who has a shared pool, gardens etc..have a legally binding contract drawn up by a solicitor with other part owners reference financial responsibillty, maintenance, repair and etc....
Just interested to know if this is the norm.
Many thanks M3

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9937.0

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Contracts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
Hi
No we just have to have the company that the builder picked .. Sometimes things are not done as I would want or expect. And bills can be a bit random ! this is something I would like to sort out with the other owners in my block.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »
Out of interest, how is shared and joint ownership of a communal pool/terraces dealt with legally in tapus of apartments in a block ?
I'm not aware of any formal contractual arrangements for shared maintenance etc between a group of owners in the whole of Kalkan !

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
Communal property with shared ownership is covered in law by the Turkish Condiminium Law. If you google  it you can find an english translation. its a lengthy document but covers all the issues you are likely to come across  with communal property. It has been in force for a number of years but i have yet to come across anyone in Kalkan who has gone down this route.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:56:54 AM »
We are doing this for our apartments. We are one of 7 sharing pool and gardens.  A solicitor is drawing up the Management Plan up and we have one of the owners who is the 'manager/administrator' of the plan.

Once the plan is in force we will need a majority vote to make decisions regarding communal matters, ie painting the external walls, changing management companies etc.

I've heard (don't know how true it is) that White Dreams have a very successful Management Plan.

We used to have just the builder looking after things, but came into problems when one of the former owners failed to pay their maintenance so we have now decided to go down the formal route of making each owner responsible for their share.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
Very sensible Turkeyfan.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Maintenance contracts

Started by lucasvdb on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 20, 2018, 03:40:33 PM
by lucasvdb

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal