Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: That Sinking Feeling  (Read 3566 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
That Sinking Feeling
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
Well there I was in my favourite place ie on the water hammock, OH had just left for his almost daily visit to the gym ???
and as usual I was lying contemplating what to do with the next hour or so. Most days it's involved having a few fly puffs of the illicit cigarettes (so much better without OH's disapproving and disappointed stare :-[ ) a glass of well chilled white wine and maybe even another wee snooze :)
Such bliss, such joy. Was almost drifting off into complete contentment with my lot when i felt an odd sinking sensation, followed by an unceremonious dunking into the pool :o

The unthinkable has happened, my hammock is now lying in a sad and deflated state (a bit like me ::) )
It's broken, goosed, Kaput.
I'm not sure what has happened, I checked the weight limit, checked myself in the mirror and well yes all the lovely food has certainly added a pound or so but surely I've not managed to put on the tonnage required to render the hammock no longer fit for purpose :o

I am sad :'( I loved my hammock, it and I had bonded so well and built up a relationship which I'd hoped would be long term but it is not to be.
I fully intend to return it to whence it came from with a strongly worded e-mail of bitter complaint and a plea for a replacement. Yikes I hope they don't ask for proof of my weight, might skip lunch today and dinner and err wine and lunch tomorrow and...........
 :'( :'( :'(

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9815.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: That Sinking Feeling
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo disaster !!! Lol your post made me laugh ! Nip to Can Can supermarket and get yourself another one.  ;D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »
Ha ha that cheered me up after only being home for a week I have had that sinking feeling as if I have never been away. You poor thing sorry to have laughed but I know how you feel a tiny wave chucked me off my lilo in the sea and I felt so stupid quickly brushing myself off in the hope noboby had noticed, at least you were alone, I agree with Mrs EJ go and get another one and dont worry about the wine, food and cigs you are on Hols so just enjoy whilst you are still there.  ;D

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo disaster !!! Lol your post made me laugh ! Nip to Can Can supermarket and get yourself another one.  ;D
the Can Can ones, although genuine fakes, are better in a way - they don't have the fibreglass frame that makes the real ones so hard to get back in the bag. Also Mr Can Can will inflate it for you to save you puff for the illicit tabs!
PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
I'm getting a sinking feeling here..sat listening to the hum of the pump...which is pumping the water away from the house.....its all that stands between us and disaster...lol...need to be in Kalkan soon.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »
Oh no!!! Poor you  :( it did make me giggle though  ;D ;D ;D hope you get a replacement soon and enjoy the rest of your holiday, especially the illicit bits!!!  ;)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »
Just had a thought. You didn't pop it with your illicit cig did you???  ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D :o

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 05:26:56 PM »
Just had a thought. You didn't pop it with your illicit cig did you???  ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D :o

;D No but that would have been hilarious, the shame :-[
Been thinking that maybe if I'd spent more time accompanying OH to the gym rather than reclining on said hammock, then the extra pounds gained might never have happened and my hammock and I would still be happy together ???
I'll never know and anyway who needs a gym ::)

Poor Misty :o hope the water recedes soon !
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:29:14 PM by itstime »

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
What a naughty but apt thought Lizilu - that would be to some extent just deserts - although anyone should be able to enjoy the odd naughty moments on holiday wothout too much guilt if you ask me!! SX  >:D >:D >:D :angel: :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »
Hate to brag but I folded mine up on the first attempt!!!!!!!
Were there any sharp bit round the edge of your pool? It couldn't be your weight, despite the great Kalkan food....are you sure that it didn't just need blowing up.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »
Look on bright side..if it had deflated quickly with a hiss and a whooosh you could have shot over the wall of the pool on your hammock :o :o
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:19:59 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
Hate to brag but I folded mine up on the first attempt!!!!!!!
Were there any sharp bit round the edge of your pool? It couldn't be your weight, despite the great Kalkan food....are you sure that it didn't just need blowing up.

Have had a good look at it and can't see any obvious rips or holes. Tried inflating it again and it only held the air for a few minutes before sinking again ???.

LOL BL that would have given the neighbours something to think about :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
sinking feeling

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post April 16, 2010, 09:28:16 PM
by clashgour
xx
Sinking gulet

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post May 12, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
by timwhit

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal