Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Well It Looks Like....  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Well It Looks Like....
« on: July 02, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »
We are coming back in October. When we lost our Kalkan virginity in May we had the spectre of my wife's mother being gravely ill hanging ver us so even though we had a great time it was always there in the background that we may have to return early. Well things have moved on and her mum passed away a couple of weeks ago, last night we were sitting there watching the Euro final and I asked her "Where do you fancy for our October holiday?" without hesitation she said "Let's go back to Kalkan". So I sent off an email to the agents for the villa we rented in May to check availability and off I went to check flights.
Today was the funeral, so once everyone had left I checked my emails and there was the reply, yes Villa Rose was available for the dates we wanted (dates that I'd already check that Pompey had no home games) and at the same crazy price we paid in May, 273€, so the reservation has been made, once I get confirmation it'll be time to get on to Thomas Cook to book the flights and Dalaman Cars for another car. I now have 3 months to make up my mind where I am going to have my birthday dinner, the choice is so hard.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9740.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Well It Looks Like....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Hi Pompeyalbie.
 So sorry to hear of the recent sad loss of your mother in law and I hope that the funeral went ok.
 It's good news however,  to hear that you will be back in Kalkan soon and celebrating your birthday.  We're setting off to Kalkan on my birthday this year so hopefully we will be sipping fizzy bubbly on the plane! I think my birthday meal will be at Kaya as it's a bit of a tradition to aways eat there on our first night !

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »
Oh, so sorry to hear about your Mum-in-law's death Pompeyalbie - mine is also very ill so I'm just hoping we will be able to stay out for our three booked weeks.  I know exactly what you mean about it hanging over you.  Still, she is 100 so she's had a good innings as they say. Hope you have a great time in October.  Just been looking at trip advisor and see Agora is getting rave reviews.  Kaya is good fun with the magic as well.  Which reminds me, where is Blue Lizard????  Antler saw him in there when he was over but I haven't seen any new posts from him for ages. Have a lovely birthday both of you.  :) :) :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »
Hi Pompeyalbie

Sincere condolences to you both. Hope you are holding up well at such an awful time.
I'm sure the thought of a trip to Kalkan will give you both something to look forward to.

You mention Villa Rose, is it the villa owned by Linda and Osi from Abi travel? If so it's as I'm sure you know a great choice. Stayed there a few times and also at the downstairs apartment, infact off again there tomorrow  :D

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »
Hi Pompeyalbie, hope today went as well as it could, as itstime says your next trip to Kalkan will give you something to focus on. My husband has lost both his parents, we lost his dad suddenly just before last Christmas and i am so thankful that my parents are still in quite good health to say they are both in their late 70's.
Where will you choose for your birthday meal?! We celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst we were there in June and we chose Gourmet terrace.
Skunk, i've also been wondering about Bluelizard ??? Haven't heard from him on here for some time.
Nicky

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
Hi Itstime,
 This Villa Rose is in the Lycian City complex up the hill behind the supermarket, it's a 3 bedroom villa with a pool. we stayed there in May and found it comfortable albeit a big big forthe 2 of us but who cares.
Thanks for all the good wishes, it was expected and it was a release for her after a horrible 6 months. Shame the weather never held up and it was miserable.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
Ah a different one then. LOL wonder how many Villas there are who share a name. Must confuse the hell out of the taxi drivers ???

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
Deposit paid: tick,
Flights booked: tick,
Looks like we are coming back  :D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »
Sounds good to me! SX  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Lake Buttmere

Views: 3583
By: blondie
Aubergines Kalkan