Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Spiders  (Read 9527 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan Spiders
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
Leave the spiders alone. Then they might eat the flies that are biting me!

lol Tatilde, the spider in the picture looks as if it would be capable of eating or already has eaten every fly in Kalkan :o

Offline geirarne

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »
I forgot to mention were i saw the camel spider:  it was 75cm from our entrance door. It appeared when i removed my 11 year old daughters air madras which were lieing outside the door.  When i tried to persuade it too leave our premises it started to be threatening by opening its jaws and stranding ón its backfeets.  When it frist started to run it was faster than usain  bolt (the 100 meter champion). I amjust glad my daughter was not the one taking her small hand arrunding the madras to take it down to the pool.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 07:35:36 PM »
I forgot to mention were i saw the camel spider:  it was 75cm from our entrance door. It appeared when i removed my 11 year old daughters air madras which were lieing outside the door.  When i tried to persuade it too leave our premises it started to be threatening by opening its jaws and stranding ón its backfeets.  When it frist started to run it was faster than usain  bolt (the 100 meter champion). I amjust glad my daughter was not the one taking her small hand arrunding the madras to take it down to the pool.
again  :o :o

Offline wendy1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »
OMG first visit in August and have read this!!  How many of these things are there?? and how likely are we to encounter one? :'(

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
Never seen one at all and we usually go in August these days.  We saw an Ottoman snake last year though!! S ;D ;D ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
please rest assured i left Kalkan a safer place when i left than when i arrived...i departed 6 jumping spiders from the planet...WHAM!! they didn't know what hit em!! i was like a ninja despatching these little critters to bug heaven in a mixture of cunning ,stealth and a swirl of rubber flippen floppen accompanied by the cry of "Ha! take that!!" >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
Well DONE BL - you have definitely made Kalkan an even nicer place to go and it's great to see you back on the forum.  We missed you. Skunk  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
Welcome back BL, we've missed you.
Did you spend the whole month in Kalkan?  :o

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
Welcome back Bluelizard!
Nicky

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
Welcome back to the forum.  Hope you had a great holiday and well done with your exterminating. I always remember reading "Beryl the Peril" when I was little, her motto was "if you want to live and thrive, let a spider run alive" think it was only so that she could slip it down her dad's back or something!!! I'm afraid I'm with you though, more like "if you want to sleep in bed, make sure the little buggers dead"  ;D

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
I have been going to Kalkan about 14 years now and not just once a year.   I only remember seeing a jumping spider once.   Didn't bite or anything.    I have decided that spiders are one's friends in Kalkan, eating all those mozzies etc.    Mind you, if I meet one indoors in UK or anywhere else they do have to go out of doors.    I am sure you will enjoy Kalkan and may not even see a spider.

Blue Lizard, I also welcome you back.   I too was quiet for a while - don't so far take any technology to Kalkan so can't follow the forum there.   Seriously thinking about it though.   Hope you enjoyed your stay in Kalkan in June.  Hope your report will come soon.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »
all joking aside the bug situation was not bad at all this year so far..the mozzie busters machine seemed to pass the place we rented every other night..and the man with the ghost busters type gun was about blasting around as well,2 bites was all i recieved... i can live with that..unlike the ugly red flying thing the size of a 2 pence piece that decided it wanted to be my bezzie mate  and sit on my shiny bald headafter trying to climb in my ears...hes dead too >:D
like Tortoise lady i don't take any lap top or even my mobile phone,we have a turkish one to keep tabs on mumalito in the uk and emergencys..and i tend to have a little break from the forum till the kalkan fix begins to wear off

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal