Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: TOWIE in Kalkan  (Read 4836 times)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
TOWIE in Kalkan
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:13:09 PM »
Lawks - I see Gemma and Arg are in Kalkan...at Coast tonight  :o  Omer's just posted a pic of them on his FaceBook page.  Hope that doesn't mean the whole lot of them descend...or bang goes Kalkan's "upmarket" image  :-\

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9676.0
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:13:35 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Nightmare - TOWIE in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
Oh dear :o :o)Noticed the trailer last week for the only way is Marbs ( as in Marbella I presume), hope that they are not filming for the only way is Kalk!!!!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »
God give us all strength. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
Oh no....!!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HoneyBunny

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »
Hmmm, from what I've seen in the papers and on Twitter, they are having a private holiday, not filming, Gemma Collins and family have hired a villa, they have had a boat trip and been eating out at night and having a lovely time.

Sounds like what most of us do when in Kalkan, so think it's a but harsh to say it's a nightmare?  ???

Just my opinion - don't think we should judge people on the basis of their appearance on a scripted reality show?

HB XOXOX

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 12:02:47 PM »
Hey, live and let live, I have no problems with anyone enjoying Kalkan, just as we do. I would just hate it though if it was publicised so much, that it became too well known! Perhaps I'm being selfish but now we have discovered Kalkan, I dont want it to change just yet. It's too special a place!!  :)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 12:06:31 PM »
I live in Kalkan and dont watch british tv or often read english papers.Who is this "star" we have amongst us at the moment? Going to UK tomorrow, will I catch them on tv?

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
OMG, I'm well jel!!!!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
She be looking for a place to have a vajazzle  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline HoneyBunny

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
In terms of publicising where they are, they haven't actually said they are in Kalkan at all - I recognised Mouse Island from a photo in the paper. the only people who mentioned Kalkan were people on Twitter who had seen them out and about. I'm totally live and let live too and if she wanted a vajazzle, a tattoo or all over spray tan and hair extensions why shouldn't she?

Anyway, totally agree how special Kalkan is - love my hols there - cried all the way home this year! Can't wait to return,

HB XOX

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
Well jel babes!! How reem is that?!!!
Nicky

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: TOWIE in Kalkan
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
Hi I haven't posted on the forum for ages but just felt that I had to comment on this.  I personally know both Gemma & James and yes before any other comments are passed I too live in 'Towie land'.  I also have a holiday home in Kalkan (for the pass 5 years) and felt exactly as some other people feel, when Gemma told me she was going to Kalkan!  I too don't want Kalkan to become another 'Marbs' and love the fact that I can go away and have a peaceful holiday.  But as Gemma told me, she is on a 'private' holiday with her family and James have flown out to join them.  She hasn't posted any comments on twitter or Facebook as to where she is, as pointed out by HoneyBunny, and is having a fab time in a fab place, and has fallen in love with Kalkan as we all have.  Both Gemma and James are normal peopl on a normal holiday with family and friends!  At least they are not walking around Town wearing football shirts! 

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
I hope they have a wonderful holiday but just keep where they are quiet!   :angel: :-X :-X

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:59:28 PM »
Kalkan is a very special place and accessible to everyone - After all, lets just Enjoy Kalkan :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
I am so glad I discovered Kalkan many years ago, and enjoyed every minute of my subsequent visits :) :) :) :)
Yes, I totally agree, it is available now to anyone, and I hope the local, very hard working service industry, can make a good living, they totally deserve it.  I choose where I want to go, with my hard earned money, perhaps if I had hair extensions, false tits/nails/spray tan, God awful Estuary English and was being paid "loads o' money" to be an absolute p...k, I would arrive in Kalkan, hope they donate to the street animals.   Whoever next - Donald Trump >:D >:D >:D >:D Hope he gets his "comb over" sorted >:D >:D >:D >:  Methinks Brighton beckoning, bugger the rain, just lovely walks with my dogs and a good pub meal ;D ;D.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
Lizilu20 - How did you discover Kalkan & how long have you been coming?  Kalkan is known very well & in very many countries - it is because it is so lovely that everyone knows about it albeit that some have never been & stayed here.  Believe you me, that since we first found Kalkan & that was many years ago, it has changed & will continue to do so  as you say - live & let live.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »
Kalkan is changing, but that is good for the locals and a double-edged sword i guess.  I've been coming here since 1998, all but 2 of them on my own and i did think this year, when i was lucky enough to come out with a friend, would i feel as comfortable here now, as it seemed much busier, much smarter.  But because of the familiar faces, i still have something comforting when i am here.  When i noticed Gemma last week, you could see she was on a private holiday, she had her head down and i got the feeling she didnt want any attention anyway, maybe she was missing Arg ! lol...

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
Hi DRBD, I've been to turkey many many times since the very early 90's and seen how many resorts have evolved and not in always a "good way". In the late 90's I read an article in one of the Sunday papers about a little seaside town called Kalkan and urged my OH to go there. He said NO, as he had visions of a benidorm type of resort and would not budge! In 2006, we were at a party with some friends who had been going to Olu Deniz for years and had bought an apartment in fethiye. In a drunken haze, he agreed for us to go on holiday with them and there started our love of the area.
OH has never looked back since!!! We have stayed in and around Kalkan since then, our first full holiday in 2009, so we are relative newcomers. We love Kalkan and never fail to find something new each time we are there. We have been to many places eg, Barbados, America, mexico, Cuba, Antigua, Spain Greece etc etc etc .... And still like to see the rest of the world but Kalkan is special!! Our hearts are there and always will be. I'm sure that kalkan has changed since you first started going and we have only experienced the past few years, but we love our little slice of heaven !!! I just dont want it to change in a bad way. It's hard to put it into words and I really don't want to offend anyone. Let's face it everyone deserves to experience Kalkan as it really is a unique place. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea and hopefully the people that visit once and aren't impressed, as in its too expensive, not enough nightlife  etc etc leaves more space for us who love it just as it is.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
I so agree with you Lizilu - there is something about the place that we just can't resist. The friendliness of the people, the same old bars, the boat trips, the stunning views, the restaurants (old and new), the nearby wild life, the sea and the whole atmosphere just take our breath away. Every year our world is centred around this three weeks in Kalkan whatever else we might be doing. Love it.  I agree that other resorts have evolved in ways we don't personally like, but that doesn't mean that lots of people would prefer them to Kalkan!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal