Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Eleven sleeps and counting!  (Read 2440 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Eleven sleeps and counting!
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:58:36 AM »
Only eleven sleeps left until we board our seven forty flight from Cardiff airport to glorious Kalkan. Contacted Yilmaz from Central Rentacar today just to remind him of our landing time in Dalaman, hopefully they won't change it! Our lovely taxi driver is always there waiting, he doesn't need a name card anymore as he has driven us many times now. Don't need to look for him in the crowd as he always rushes across to meet us with the customary hugs and kisses. That's when we know we've arrived. Always stop half way at the garage with the pool for our first ice cold Efes, one of many during the next two weeks I suspect LOL! Soon we're off again and driving down the steep hill overlooking Kalkan bay, this will be our seventh time but I know we'll be as excited as the first time. Then straight to the villa where our jeep awaits us. Quickly unpack and slip into something cooler, jump into the jeep and pop down Yali for enough provisions to last us until the morning and of course some Efes and wine so that we can sit on the balcony later and watch our first Kalkan sunset of the year, never ceases to amaze me. Back then to the villa for a quick wash and brush-up before wandering down town for a bite to eat, usually in the Merkez then a few cold ones in the Moonlight bar, watch the world go by and have a catch-up with our old friends there. Usually intend to have an earlyish night after getting up at three that morning. Never happens though as we bump into so many old friends on the way back up the hill we usually end up staying out until well into the small wee hours, it's the first night there just has to be done doesn't it!! Whatever time we get back to the villa we still have to have a customary glass of something on the balcony marvelling at the twinkling lights of Kalkan. We'll be shattered in the morning but it's always well worth it. Always look forward to getting up the next morning and see the sea glistening under the Kalkan sun whilst eating a homemade Turkish breakfast under the padoga on our patio, usually accompanied by the ever hungry neighbourhood moggies, it makes you just glad to be alive and so, so fortunate!
Well counting the days now, probably have difficulty sleeping for the next few nights, always feel like a kid at the run up to Christmas and looking forward to Santa's arrival. Well let's go and write my most important packing list YET AGAIN, roll on July the 2nd  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9655.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Eleven sleeps and counting!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
12 sleeps for us  :D and can only agree with the rising level of excitement. Currently chucking down with rain here and a howling wind to accompay it >:( hard to believe that in a short while I'll be baking under that sunshine

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:27:41 PM »
Ooooh you lucky things! Keep us posted while you're out there if you can!! Clara, it sounds so like the beginning of our holidays as well.  Have a great time and try and get some beauty sleep before you go!!!!!!!!!!! Caroline  :o ;D ;D

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »
Too many sleeps to count for us, but I know it is less than 9 weeks.  I love the sound of your first night and the watching of the sunset and sun glistening off the sea.  I can almost picture you there.  I am a newbie to the Forum, but August will be my 5th visit to Kalkan.  I have taken the plunge to join the chat.  Hope you enjoy your holiday.  :) :)
Jo

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »
Not long to go now Clara50. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.  8)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »
Have a fab holiday Clara! All you members who are due to go are so lucky to be getting away from this horrendous weather.
Nicky

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
Thanks everyone for all your best wishes. Only seven sleeps before we go, can't come quick enough. It'll be a shock to the system getting off the plane straight into brilliant sunshine [hopefully] after the horrible weather and endless rain we've had here lately. Must get the case out of the attic tonight and decide what I'm packing, probably pack and unpack numerous times if the last few years are anything to go by. I can never make my mind up and always end up overloading the case then have to take things out because I'm well over the weight limit. My hubby is just as bad especially as he insists on taking his HP sauce, salad cream and a large slab of strong cheddar  ::) My downfall is the dreaded flippen-floppens, purposely avoided walking past shoeshops for the last few weeks just so that there is no temptation. Half the time I don't wear all of them, but just can't resist taking them, well you never know do you! Noticed there are a few members on here that will be out there when we are, been to Kalkan many times and met many Brits but never bumped into an EK member, it would be lovely to put faces to names. Well cheers again, anyone out there already hope you have a fantastic time and save some Efes for us.  8)   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
5 Sleeps and Counting!

Started by littlebrowndog on Holiday Reports and Reviews

19 Replies
Last post September 26, 2016, 08:04:58 PM
by keith
xx
Sleeps counting begins today.

Started by clara 50 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 13, 2014, 06:50:39 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Antler's Day Eleven: Kekova and the guilt from a gift.....

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 06:17:28 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
5 more sleeps for us!!!!!

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2012, 09:11:32 PM
by Automan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Making friends

Views: 3187
By: saskia
cappadocia